[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most of you are from USA and Europe. To my fellow south americans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: mata-1.jpg (471KB, 1200x785px) Image search: [Google]
mata-1.jpg
471KB, 1200x785px
Most of you are from USA and Europe. To my fellow south americans i ask, how do you cope with SO MANY insects?
>>
>>925241
Burning tires and standing in the smoke.
>>
>>925242
Thats how you get cancer dude.
>>
>>925242
well, i have tried burning wet wood and grass, makes so much smoke that it actually keep the flies away for a second
>>
>>925242

Where do you live, freaking Mogadishu?
>>
>>925302
s
>>
>>925241

Bring about an eighth of ganja for a weekend trip and roll about three blunts and put some wax in them so they burn really slow. The smoke irritates the insects and the ganja gets me too stoned to care about bugs.
>>
>>925241
Living in The South my solution has been permethrin on my clothes and some deet on my face if it's really bad in the summer. Follow permethrin package directions.
>>
I spent 3 months in the Amazon when I was in college. There's different remedies for the different types of insects, for mosquitoes, just cover up. Long sleeves, long pants and tall rubber boots leave you nearly inpregnable. Although this is nearly impossible, avoiding contact with foliage will also protect you from a bunch of hitchiker type parasites, but again nearly impossible not to touch foliage. The natives just walk around in normal clothes, no shoes t shirt, shorts, idk what they eat but it seems like insects never go after them. Also they don't sweat either, 105 degrees with 80% humidity and these guys barely have moisture on their skin, while I have a fucking waterfall on my forehead. Again, idk what the natives are made of but they are pretty much jungle proof, which white people are defibitely not.
>>
It´s not bad, i live in Uruguay and travel north into Brazil to go camping in the rainforest a couple of times every year, only not during the rainy season.

You take your standard repellent cream that you can buy at any supermarket and apply it to any exposed skin, when it´s time to sleep you build a small fire and stack some firewood close at hand to feed it all night, it will keep bugs away.

Get a comfy hammock for sleeping, spread a tarp in an A-shape above it and make sure that every rope and cord that you tie to a tree has one of those little metal discs to prevent the bugs (and snakes!) from crawling down the trees, down the ropes and getting cozy with you.

Othertimes you can just take your crappy tent and go camping like everwhere else, it´s not all rainforest, you know?
>>
Spicy Food, jalapenos and up, bugs hate spicy smells and if you're saturated with it, they'll stay away.
>>
>>925241
USA here. I live in a temperate rainforest. Mosquito clouds will carry you and your dog off and drain you dry through your eyelids. Black fly clouds will invade your vehicle through the vents and cause you to crash as they desiccate you. In the fall, we even get swarms of spiders. Oh, they are also flying spiders on single strand silk parachutes that envelope you by the 100s when you try to walk anywhere outside for a solid week.

At least I don't have to deal with scorpions and more than one kind of poisonous snake.
>>
>>928262
What hellish part of the United States do you live in? Florida?
>>
>>928273
Most of the Deep south has this problem.
>>
>>928280
At least you don't have -40F winters and 110F summers with 100% humidity.

>>928273
BFE
>>
>>928283

>Obligatory over exaggerated post about how hardcore the climate is where I live

BTW If you don't live in the south and you complain about your summers just stfu you know nothing
>>
>>928307
I've really gotta agree with this guy. Grew up in Maine for 90% of my life, then moved to Texas.

While the winter in maine gets pretty fucking nippy, and there's like that 2 weeks during the summer when it's constantly 90+ with super high humidity, the heat and humidity in Houston is nothing like I've ever experienced.
Sure, in maine not everyone has AC- so those 2 weeks admittedly suck. But imagine that every single day, even after the sun goes down, except for like a month in the winter when it hits about 30-40 degrees at the coldest. During the summer I'll drink almost a gallon and a half of water a day at work and I'll have sweat through my shirt 5 minutes after stepping outside at 630am. I would gladly suffer through a week or two of discomfort in a maine summer without any AC after this.
>>
>>928307
>>928313
>he doesn't know what a temperate rainforest is
>>
>>928283
What the hell is BFE? Why don't you say where you actually are so we can all call you a pussy already?
>>
>>925241
I've heard good things about this soap from other anons, Carbolic soap.

http://puresoapworks.com/mosquito_stories.htm

Wash head to toe with it every day out.
>>
>>925328
>deet
:^(
>>
>>928356

>BTW If you don't live in the south and you complain about your summers just stfu you know nothing
>>
>>928356

>fag from the northwest thinks his paradise climate is roughing it

You are a sad little man
>>
>>925241
Skin so soft lotion, mosquito netting, mosquito netting hats, long yet cool clothes, bugspray, pants tucked into socks.
>>
>>928273
Dumb fuck, he probally lives in Washington, florida is not temprate, look at a map of temperate forests you retard.
>>
>>928557
Correction, temperate rain forests
>>
>>925312
Bazingaaaaa lamo
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.