[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/ bare with me >Unemployed >Found this /out/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: MountMitchell.jpg (69KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
MountMitchell.jpg
69KB, 800x448px
Hey /out/ bare with me

>Unemployed
>Found this /out/ forestry job that I have been looking for months
>Initial contract is 6 months
>Rural area
>120miles away from home
>the payment is not great so renting a place and commodities would leave me with little to nothing to save up
>my car is a sedan
>winter but mild weather so lower temperature in not be that cold, probably a few degrees below zero in the coldest days

So my question is, anyone of you living and working out of your car? How much of a pain in the ass is it?
>>
>>924341
You gotta be a man, and do what you gotta do sometimes. That is all.
>>
>>924519
What does that even mean? I appreciate the bump but that doesn't offer any help or meaningful advice.
>>
>>924524
Rent and the utilities that it entails along with furniture etc etc seems to be out of the question on your budget. So, live out of your car regardless of inconvenience to be able to put lots of money away , improving your situation in the future
>>
>>924532
>So, live out of your car regardless of inconvenience to be able to put lots of money away , improving your situation in the future
That's the idea but I would like to read about how it's like from someone who experienced it in first hand. Having this young dude living in the car near a small community may not be well accepted by the employer or people who live there. Also I have slept in my car before for 3 nights and it was uncomfortable as balls.
>>
>>924539
I went on a monthlong road trip with my girlfriend and we slept in it time to time. Correct, not comfortable. Set up a tarp tent attached to the side of your car. On colder days, take your car for a drive before setting it up and set it up near the front for heat. Get a easy air pad and a sleeping bag. You need an air pad or air mattress to seperate you and the ground however. Take showers with baby wipes and at truck stop gas stations for 5$. Other than needing an address for payment for things, theres not much to it but be discreet and be safe. Stay armed
>>
>>924546
Security is not a concern but staying clean is. Thanks
>>
>>924539
Hi. Ive lived innavehicle for 2 years, out of a backpack for 3 before that. There isnt much to say, you will pocket all of your money instead of spending it on bills, itll be cold but as long as your car is reliable worst youd have to go through is waiting on it to warm up if you wake up cold... Not having a bathroom can suck sometimes, other than that go for it. Youll get used to sleeping in it after a couple weeks, as far as people noticing thats gonna be up to you. If you find a private place to park at night its likely that theyd never even know. Id just be up front about it however, you never know who will put you up for free. Stock up on those hothands hand warmers. Couple of em in your sleeping bag will get you through the cold nights since you wont be able to have a fire.
>>
>>924524
>What does that even mean?
It means you just have to deal with it. If you can't afford to live somewhere but you want this job, then you're going to have to suck it up and live out of your car. Figure it out man, the best lessons come from your mistakes.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.