[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just picked this up for a road trip . Seems pretty cheap, does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 41BSwT74iPL._SX355_.jpg (20KB, 355x342px) Image search: [Google]
41BSwT74iPL._SX355_.jpg
20KB, 355x342px
I just picked this up for a road trip . Seems pretty cheap, does anyone know if the plastic is safe?
It does not even say for potable water anywhere on the packaging.
Will this give me bitch tits?
>>
>>923986
All plastic leaches chemicals into the water. Some of those chemicals are more studied than others. The higher the heat the more it leaches. The water will eventually taste a bit like plastic.
>>
>>923986
I've had these crack along a seam more than once. Not fun.
>>
>>923986
Those things are like $30. so overpriced.

I had good success reusing the bag from the bagged wine. they are hella durable. Its a bitch to get the spout out, but they work well. sure, little of wine taste left over, but nothing to complain about
>>
>>924030
>>924030
t was only 9 bucks
>>
>>924030
They cost ~$2-$5 here
>>
>>924008
that does not sound good
>>
File: 2.5GAL.jpg (76KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
2.5GAL.jpg
76KB, 600x450px
>>923986
Short term they are ok. Long term they are shit. Walmart sells water containers in the dishes/kitchen area. I used a 1 gallon container for the year that I lived in my car. I absolutely cant find a pic of it but this is a 2.5 gal one. Mine just had a screw on lid with a flip top for pouring.
>>
>>923993

You don't need to bump. This is a slow as fuck board. Make a topic and it's usually there days and weeks later, even if no one is really posting in it.
>>
>>923986

My friends and I have a five gallon one we use for an outdoor sink. We've been using it for about three years now. It hasn't been too bad on durability so far, but we don't use it for drinking water at all.
>>
>>923986

Yeah I probably wouldn't if it's going to be bouncing around a car. Get a hard plastic one, mang
>>
File: can.jpg (49KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
can.jpg
49KB, 800x600px
not using the superior beverage container. Where the hood at?
>>
>>923986
These are great for gasoline. Terrible for potable water.
>>
File: 1479090475529.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
1479090475529.gif
2MB, 425x481px
>>924261
If someone did that I would definitely put gasoline in it and put it back exactly where and how it was
>>
>>925562
I'm sure they wouldn't notice the smell of fucking gasoline before they drank it.
>>
>>923986

I've had the same one for several years. Use it to wash myself and clean dishes.
>>
>>924008
this, fuck those containers
>>
File: tide.jpg (31KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
tide.jpg
31KB, 460x460px
>>923986
I have a coleman one of these. I find them useful. You can just clean out one of those big laundry soap containers for the same thing though smaller.

>>924043
yeah I paid 10 so it seems about right.
>>
>>923986
Van dweller chiming in here. I had two of these fuckers that broke. Invaluable for taking water from businesses like gas stations and fast food joints. They always have an issue with durability or seal on the nozzle. You can over time swap a good bag with a good nozzle. Take the nozzle to an ACE hardware and see if they can make you a custom o ring. Otherwise bag it up
>>
>>925562
Wow free gas thanks devil pepe.
>>
>>928348
>You can just clean out one of those big laundry soap containers
good luck ever getting the soap taste out of the container
>>
File: smart pepe.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
smart pepe.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>930623
just use dish soap to clean it
>>
Why not just get one of the 20L bottles used for watercoolers?

Carve a stopper out of cork if you have to.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.