[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone here hate California? I'm an /out/ist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 20160712_195552.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160712_195552.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Why does everyone here hate California? I'm an /out/ist from the San Diego area and consider myself relatively inoffensive - maybe it's because I was a boy scout? Can I get a list of shitty behaviors to avoid?
>>
File: 20160712_195118.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160712_195118.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>923332
I am mostly because I'm going camping in Colorado this summer and don't want to accidentally piss someone off
>>
>>923333
nice quads
don't foist your ideas/politial affiliations on anyone
most of what people form CO/TX/OR seem to be concerned with is people moving to their state from CA and voting ultraliberal.
>camping in CO and don't want to piss anyone off
don't shit up the campsite or tell everyone how great kombucha and tofu is
>>
>>923341
So be a decent human, got it. Awesome, thanks.
>>
>>923332
California is awesome. Especially the coast. The mountains and the ocean are right next to each other. And it's always 70.

The thing that sucks about it are all the rich people who move in and price the middle class out. Then they bitch to everyone about how bad the country treats its poor.
>>
>>923332
It's the trash that gets left, the bad attitudes, the flaunting of rules. The breaking of fire bans, the uncleaned dog shit etc etc etc.

Other than that, if you're just visiting then feel free to have an excellent time. Just don't move here, rent's too high already.
>>
>>923332
It's because Hollywood.
>>
>>923341
Ultaconservative trumpkins bitching about "librulz" and city people are the ones forcing their ideas and political affiliations on everyone. Just sayin'.
>>
fellow san diegan here; know of any great spots aside from the usuals?
>>
File: commie go away.jpg (23KB, 559x500px) Image search: [Google]
commie go away.jpg
23KB, 559x500px
California is an odd state because it's geographically a paradise, while at the same time being a political and demographic hellscape. California is unlivable due to the population that is already there.
Californians infect other states like a malignant tumor as well. They flee the shithole they created and then proceed to vote for the same people and policies wherever they land that ruined California to begin with. See - OR, CO, and WA. This is why everyone in the country with two brain cells to rub together hates Californians wherever they go.
>>
>>923332
>glamping
>moralistic speeches beginning with "In California, we..."
>constantly complaining about how backwards the locals are, despite having willingly moved here
>votes for politicians that try to turn everywhere else into a shitty off-brand California
>general haughtiness and superiority complex
>exclusively wears clothing that says "California" or "Golden State" on it

California has an enormous population - obviously there are plenty of good people there. Still, arrogant pricks are so disproportionately Californian (at least in the West) that we usually assume the worst when we hear somebody is from there. I have almost an identical opinion of Vail pass holders, if that clarifies things. I guess it could be summed up as "many Californians find it utterly incomprehensible that somebody could want to live anywhere but California."
>>
>>923464
This is the reason we hate Californians. I'm a lifelong Washingtonian and can confirm.
>>
>>923441
Yeah I'm sure its conservatives that are fucking every think up.

So what did California ban today in the interest of saving the people, and extending their governments reach.
>>
>>923567
Kek

Pic related.
>>
>>923454
I've visited a lot of places on the coast. I always hated San Diego, LA, and San Fransisco. My favorite spots were the little Beach towns like Carpenteria
>>
>>923567
To be fair California has the cleanest big cities. I watched some nigger down the street from me open her car window and drop a plastic bag full of trash onto the street. It's not liberals or conservatives. Its poor minorities that fuck everything up
>>
>>923608
https://spectator.org/63739_stench-and-city-sfs-summer-urine/
>>
>>923464
Yep, agreed.
>>
>>923362

lol, go to the north coast, the people there are poor, even the rich people, it's just hillbilly pot grows as far as you can see (here, rich = international cartel connection)

and it's not always 70 it's 25 and snowing actually

fuck
>>
>>923332

Mainly, just as everyone else in this thread has mentioned, don't shove your opinions down other people's throats. People aren't necessarily wrong just because they don't agree with you.

Pick up after yourself.

Stop driving like a retarded person.

Stay in the Denver area.
>>
>>923464
Nailed it.
>>
File: 1480237127539.jpg (240KB, 1656x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1480237127539.jpg
240KB, 1656x1009px
>>923608
>California has the cleanest big cities
>>
>>923464
Oh boy.

I was raised in Marin County, CA. One of the highest per capita income counties in the US. At 18 I moved to Midtown Sacramento where I went to college. My friends and family members would say "You're moving to Sacramento? I'm sorry" or "Why would you ever move there? It's like 120 degrees in summer and it's shitty" despite the fact that they’ve never been.

There is this strange thing that Californians do where they look down on anybody that doesn't live where they live. I've lived all over the country - but work, education opportunities, and family keep bringing me back here. I lived in Boston for a while, my family would go on about how the west coast is the best coast or the east coast is cold, shitty, and the food sucks - despite having never been. New Yorkers and Bostonians argue over pizza and sports teams, but Californians passively spout shit about every place that isn't the paradise city they live in.

I currently live/work in San Francisco at a start up and when I tell people that I used to live in Sacramento - and /liked it/ there - they look at me like I killed their kid. They can't even feign interest enough to ask me what I liked about it.

San Francisco is such a shit hole it defies understanding. I live in a tunnel under a rotting victorian in a shady neighborhood. I spend 2/3rds of my income on rent. My wife is open to moving into a van.

I tell people that San Francisco needs to increase their housing supply to lower rent cost and make the place more livable and they point me to some bullshit study some guy did (who lives in SF) and he determined that increasing the housing supply in San Francisco would actually /increase/ housing prices. Politicians cite this report when they deny housing plans, despite it being long debunked by actual economists. I don't think people outside here really understand how crazy it is - people in SF actually think themselves so exceptional that they're exempt from the law of Supply and Demand.
>>
>>923854
But it’s not just housing. The homelessness is nuts. There are more shit and needles on the ground in San Francisco than any other area in the united states. They keep coming because the yuppies keep feeding them and they then beg the federal government and other states to help them take care of it.

Now, just as >>923464 said, imagine these people moving into your state and voting for the same people that ruined theirs. Then, in every passing conversation, they’ll bemoan about how the mexican food there sucks, or the avocados don’t taste right, or the guacamole has sour cream in it, or how shitty the weather is.

Uneducated Mexican day laborers move to California and try to make it into Mexico, Californian yuppies move into other states and try to make them into California. It’s a ceaseless cultural flow of shit.
>>
>>923332
>Heavy democrat presence.
>2nd amendment rights infringed.
For /out/ it's fine.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.