[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure whether to post this on /out/ or /fa/, but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: brandit m65 giant olive_1.jpg (711KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
brandit m65 giant olive_1.jpg
711KB, 1200x1200px
Not sure whether to post this on /out/ or /fa/, but I'm considering buying this as a potential windbreaker and overcoat for temperate hikes/camping, using either its fleece liner or an underjacket for added warmth if I need it.

Does anyone own an M65? Are they comfortable? Look good? Do they last? Which producer did you go for? I like the heavier stitchwork of the Brandit model over the 'dressier' Alpha Industries equivalent.
>>
>>921770
Yeah bro looks hella warm!
Where can I get one?
>>
>>921770
Looks okay. But I personally find lots of stitching to take away from the "wind" breaking effect.. Also I hate being a walking billboard. Those BS lables on the chest better be easy to seam rip off other wise I wouldn't get it.
>>
>>921770
Get a real milsurp one
>>
>>921950
true dat
>>
File: 1472268636051.jpg (29KB, 540x567px) Image search: [Google]
1472268636051.jpg
29KB, 540x567px
>>921950
the actual military doesn't issue anything that looks like that anymore. the closest thing I have is a canvas winter coat I got back in 07.
sappers lead the way.
>>
>>921958
Notice he said "Surplus", not "Go to your nearest military base with your AR-15, take over, and steal all their jackets!"

Here's a pro tip: Pretty much every Euro-peon military copied the M65 with either minor variation or just straight up. Look for Surplus M65 jackets and you'll find the US ones, Euro clones, and Euro M65 style jackets.
>>
Go to Kommando store or Varusteleka and get a real parka for $30-$50.
>>
>>921770

People are gonna think you're a wannabe operator and cry "stolen valor" and shit.

Honestly, if you're over 18 years old and aren't a veteran then stay away from milsurp shit.
>>
File: 1467399015879.png (223KB, 288x384px) Image search: [Google]
1467399015879.png
223KB, 288x384px
>>921990
thanks for thath pro tip. I was worried seing as I am a 12 year vet with a sapper tab and a vua. but now I know. don't rob the surplus store, and beg them to order the 25 year old jacket.
>>
>>921958
>>922049
Depends which military, friendo.

I was issued a woodland M65 last summer.
>>
File: lesmugfinnishgril.jpg (391KB, 1374x1425px) Image search: [Google]
lesmugfinnishgril.jpg
391KB, 1374x1425px
>>922050
let me guess. finland?

it really is a shame how much bullshit we let you nato cucks get away with.
>>
>>921950
Surplus jackets are heavy as fuck tho
>>
>>922052
A) Finland is not NATO, you silly sod
B) Still not Finland
C) Our defence spending will be 2% in 2018. Not like that solves anything, but still.
>>
File: 1471600632003.jpg (17KB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
1471600632003.jpg
17KB, 300x228px
>>922054
nothing baits a fin like the idea of nato.
>>
>>922058
Right. Still not Finland, in case you missed that. NATO though.
>>
>>922030
Yep, sure is stolen Valor to wear a widely copied green jacket. Even woodland would be a stretch. Desert has been the norm for a decade now dude, nobody is gonna thing he's some Nam vet
>>
>>922030
I'm an Australian 21-year old.
>>
This thread is retarded.

OP: if you want to wear outdated military gear GO FOR IT. The design works but its OLD. If it apeals to your /fa/sion sense then go for it.

BUT you'd be much better served with a modern fleece + shell jacket.

>>922030
congrats you're the most retarded out of everyone,you're so retarded you're back at the start.
>>
File: 192121_ts.jpg (181KB, 1154x1154px) Image search: [Google]
192121_ts.jpg
181KB, 1154x1154px
Ive been meaning to get an alpenflage m65 for a while now
>>
OP here, thanks all. I'll weigh my options.
>>
File: my_jacket.jpg (212KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
my_jacket.jpg
212KB, 1024x1024px
>>
>>921770
looks cool. I can say having the cotton exterior it is less likely to get ruined by a stray ember and it's nice it has the fluffy liner that you can take out. Looks like there's a zip in hood too. On the negative side I can say the cotton will fray a bit after a while. I personally usually take off any velcro too as it tends to pull apart my wool sweaters.
>>
>>922258
this. you dont even need an army fleece, my fo to fleece was 12 bucks at academy.

and I layer it with a woodland goretex shell that I somehow kept when I left the army.
>>
>>921770
I own an a previously issued M65. Its overall pretty comfy and tough. The velcro cuff lengths will wear out though. Its not very waterproof and if you're going through a really cold a liner is necessary.
>>922030
Nobody will think that, its been out of issue for like 30 years now.
>>
I where a 90's bundeswehr fleckentarn parker with liner, get your hands on one of them sexy beast's and put your county flag on the shoulders.
>>
File: pdp-warranty-logo.png (89KB, 207x208px) Image search: [Google]
pdp-warranty-logo.png
89KB, 207x208px
So, does this shit provide a thousand dollars of warmth, or is it just /fa/ggotry? People say they're popular among polar researchers and explorers. What does one of these jackets do that a few layers of infinitely cheaper stuff don't?
>>
>>923299
Keep you warm in Arctic conditions.
>>
>>923312
Funny, I've managed just fine in -35 with a $100 jacket.
>>
>>923318
Humor me, what are you wearing for $100 that is good to -35c?
>>
>>923320
From outside to in; a cheapo winter jacket from walmart, a hoodie, a cotton shirt, a thermal shirt, and a tshirt underneath. Nice and toasty.
>>
>>923321
>cotton

reeee

Meh, if it works it works. Are you staying out overnight in that or hiking the entire time?
>>
>>923322
Working in the bush. When I was active, I'd have to lose the sweater and sometimes the cotton shirt because it got too hot. But just standing around, the whole setup was plenty warm enough. I wouldn't want to sleep in it on the cold ground or anything, but you couldn't do that in a Canada Goose jacket either.

Super amazing polar expedition jackets are cool and all, but I think at their price point you're hitting severely diminishing returns. And I find it hard to take any "functional" clothing seriously if it gets paraded down a runway by a model.
>>
look how buscrafter wear stuff

different rules aply different seasons
know your envirenment an local climate gear yourself thru this knowledge
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.