[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G'day /out/ I live in Australia and I don't know anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: auauau.jpg (215KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
auauau.jpg
215KB, 1024x680px
G'day /out/

I live in Australia and I don't know anyone who is into the outdoors.

I have this urge to go into the bush and camp but I don't know too much about it.

Should I just walk into the shallow bushes, set up camp, and learn as I go?

(I live in south-east queensland for any other aussies)
>>
Got a car?
>>
>>921315
Yes
>>
>>921317
Easiest way is to look up spots in national parks.

If You go down into nsw there's heaps around
I'm from near Byron
>>
>>921318
From mullum here, where you at?
>>
Have gear, go into campsite, set up gear, happy days. Camping innabush in national parks and state forest may or may not get you in trouble depending on how sneaky you are, if camping is forbidden and how much of an asshole the ranger is.

bring water
>>
No, there's dangerous dragons and rock lobsters in Australia
>>
>>921312

If you're in Brisbane you can go to the D'Aguilar national park. It's perfect for babbys first out.

You won't get hassled - literally never seen a ranger there. Nice amount of space to wander around in, some nice trails and you don't have to go very far to get there.
>>
>>922819

Also there's a reservoir you can go swimming in, which is handy.

It's my first proper solo /out/ spot as an adult, and so I know how you feel and if you want to get in to /out/, it's perfect.
>>
>>921599
I'm from Lismore. At the moment I'm down in Dubbo. Shit sucks.

I'd head down to brooms head yuragir np or if your looking for a bit more secluded and your cars not too low go out towards kyogle or bonalbo all the np' around there have fairly secluded campsites
>>
How do you survive snakes n shit?
>>
>>924263
Be wary, watch where you're treading, carry a walking stick to probe ahead if you're going through underbrush, zip up your tent. Watch the weather and be especially wary around waterways.
>>
File: australia-map-accurate.jpg (37KB, 533x463px) Image search: [Google]
australia-map-accurate.jpg
37KB, 533x463px
>>921312
RIP in peace OP...
>>
>>921312
Pretty experienced with Aussie scrub, just moved to Nth QLD for a tier upgrade. Ask away m8
>>
File: 1472812584511.jpg (186KB, 1280x789px) Image search: [Google]
1472812584511.jpg
186KB, 1280x789px
if I ever met a magical fairy on any of my /out/door adventures my first wish would be the slow painful death of all australians.
>>
>>921631
>how much of an asshole the ranger is.
Its more how much of an asshole the camper is from my experiences. If youre camping outside a designated area but you're not doing any damage, choosing a camp site in a non sensitive vegetation area, if not clearing trees and making fires and mess, then they wont fine you. They'll just tell you to be on your way. Its when you start making fire scars or being a cunt that they'll fine you, and thats not being an asshole, thats just doing their job (being a ranger of an area dedicated to biodiversity and conservation, human recreation comes second to that).
>>
Where the love for SA?
>>
>>924630
I hope you die from a box jelly
>>
>>921312
Is the "you will die in Australia if you go outside" a meme? Everyone says there is poisonous spiders, snakes, alligators but you seem pretty calm about it. Is it really that bad as everyone says?
>>
>>924912
Crocodiles mate, not alligators.

Big difference at the end of the day.
>>
>>924304

>Steve Irwin
Laughed harder than I should have.
>>
Yeah mate I'm Australian too. You just gotta find the right places. Me and my best mate learned pretty much everything we know from trial and error. If you take the first step and sleep outside in some reserve or whatever, it'll just grow naturally 'till you're on a cliff face inside a gorge in Wilpena Pound (Pic related)
>>
>>924912
Spider's aren't an issue, really. Snakes are usually pretty chill unless you tread on them.

Although did hear my old boss squeel like a little girl. Poor bastard walked into the dunny (shitter), closed the door. Upon turning around he found a big brown snake lunging at him.

Fuck we laughed.

If you know what you're doing, it's easy enough to avoid most dangerous situations. Snake charging you? THrown a stick at it and it'll curl around it. Want to kill it? Softly hit it with a shovel, no need to cleave the fucker in two with all your might.

It's mostly the shit you don't thnk about that'll give you trouble. Like ticks. Mother fuckering paralysing ticks and shit.
>>
>>924612
How far north are you? I'm up in Cairns, plenty of tracks around me, but the funking humidity is killer
>>
>>925144
Townsville brother, been raining like crazy here atm no doubt fucking alot of mountain trails
>>
>>924936
Oh, sorry.
I always try ti study the differences but I end up forgetting it. Saving this pic, thanks for letting me know
>>
File: Digger.jpg (15KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
Digger.jpg
15KB, 300x260px
>>921312
I highly recommend camping alone for the tranquility. Where you gonna setup camp?
>>
>>921312
I'd watch out for the abos.
>>
File: australian-huntsman-spider.jpg (151KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
australian-huntsman-spider.jpg
151KB, 1000x667px
>>925030
>Spider's aren't an issue
Are they an issue in houses and homes? Like how frequently do you enctounter a bigger spider (not like the cellar spiders or the small one)? For example the redback spider or the huntsman spider?
>>
>>926536
Huntsmans are incredibly common in the house, redbacks are more dark gaps and pot plants, underneath chairs ect, youll find them outside or in your roof more often than around a clean household.
>>
>>926799
What about apartments rather than houses? Are the huntsmen still commin or just in the lower apartments?
>>
>>927111
huntsmen are everywhere, but harmless.
also they're fast as fuck, so arachnophobes get a right proper scare trying to catch/swat them
>>
>>927111
Huntsmen are everywhere. But keep your doors closed and house clean and you won't see many.

They are bro spiders anyways, they eat bugs and shit (same reason they are in your house, so mitigate risk by cleaning).
>>
>>927118
>>927119
Are they recluses? If I got one Hunstman in my house will more Huntsmen come in or they don't like each other? This really interests me for some reason.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.