[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the deal with this style of boots? Good for light hiking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed (11).jpg (22KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (11).jpg
22KB, 384x384px
What is the deal with this style of boots? Good for light hiking and day to day wear?
>>
great for day to day, cant attest to hiking capability
>>
my redbacks are great all day on pavement, terrible for hiking-soft sole is perfect for absorbing impact, but has no traction in mud or snow.
>>
They're ok. Used to work as a fencer (farms). After 10 hours of walking on rough, sometimes soft surfaces you feel the lack of ankle support.

Lace uo boots are definitely better. Oliver makes great work boots in that style if you're looking for a good brand.

Had a pair that lasted for 1 year of fencing and then 5 months working as a boilermaker. Would of lasted longer but they ended up getting burnt due to my stupidity
>>
super comfy but you generally need an extra insole to get a solid fit. I wear blundstones every day, went on a ~4 mile hike in WA today with them and didn't suffer at all, but definitely would've preferred laced boots for the steeper terrain.

Don't get em if you need one pair of shoes for both purposes, do if you're mr. I can afford two pairs of shoes
>>
Great AS LONG AS your feet are both the same size and the fit is good.

My left foot is 1/2-1 size smaller than my right and it's a pain in the ass with these slip on Chelsea style boots.

For hiking I look for stuff with laces. For bumming around, sure, rigger boots / chelsea boots are fine.
>>
>>920747
Are you a mongoloid?
>>
were not allowed to wear them at my work because they don't have laces

my friends that have them swear by them though
>>
>>920706
Chelsea's are great for travel and if you go anywhere where you constantly have to take your shoes off. I would only hike on pretty level or well maintained trails. They have no ankle support, the extra height is really more for ankle protection and aesthetics.
>>
File: Z-rI8vocpEx_.jpg (11KB, 439x450px) Image search: [Google]
Z-rI8vocpEx_.jpg
11KB, 439x450px
>>920716
>redbacks
half the firefighters and medics i know wear these. because they're slip on they feel a little sloppy at first, but after a month or so of molding to your feet they fit like a dream.
>>
>>920802
do you even know what that means, son?
>>
OP here, picked up some Blundstone 500's. I had to soak them in water and strech them out a bit. Will upgrade to RM Williams Stockyard mod if I like these enough.
>>
>>920809
I had a job like that.

What you do is tie large knots on the end of the laces so they won't slip though the eyelets, loosen the laces all the way down and wear the boots as slip ons. Or you can buy the zip up laced boots and just not zip them up.
>>
>>920706
I had to wear boots similar to those when I worked with LOX. Liquid oxygen.
>>
Have a pair of suregrip boots and finally took the stupid ass steel toe. Fits and feels like a dream, my go to boot. I believe what these people say about ankle support though.

Good boots.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.