[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /out/. For a while, I've been dealing with depression.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: big_1444845481_image.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1444845481_image.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
Hello /out/. For a while, I've been dealing with depression. I've decided to take one of those 'spiritual journeys'. Sometime this week I'm going to go out in the woods and live there for a few days. What should I bring, if anything. How to do a spiritual journey?
>>
>>920637
step1:
>acquire some high quality marijuana
>acquire mushrooms or ayahuasca (optional, but would help greatly)
>think
>relax, just think, breathe, reminisce
>look at the stars, and start seeing youself from a birds view, zooming out through the galaxy, realizing that all problems are relative and are relatively unimportant but just hinder your happiness
>enjoy your life and smoke some more weed as you're coming down

//mdma is also good, just don't forget to drink enough water
>>
>>920640
I'd love to do this, but I can't get drugs. I will definitely write this down and do it when I can. Anything else I can do without them?
>>
I saw your post on /b/
So a lot of times when people have severe depression they want to do something extreme with their lives. Like they wanna go on a cross country road trip or go mountain climbing or something. Anything to beat the hopeless feeling. Now when i was your age i didnt really have depression of any kind to be honest, but ill tell you that as you get older you will regret the mistakes you made when you were younger and you will regret some of the things that brought you to where you are today. The only thing you can do is start TODAY. Not tomorrow. Youre still young. You have so much opportunity. But what are you going to do with it? A spiritual journey might give you a different outlook but usually no one thing will change your life like that. Its a process and you have to respect that
>>
>>920643
Yeah I don't wanna do anything stupid that I'll regret later... What if I did these spiritual journeys every other weekend or something like that?
>>
>>920645
A lot of times the answer doesnt have to be that complicated. Why do you feel the need to do this? Are there problems at home or school? You dont have to go on a spiritual journey to find "the answers" to all your problems. Sometimes you just have to face them
>>
>>920643
> no one thing will change your life like that. Its a process and you have to respect that

this.
The person you are changes, evolves with every second, with every new experience and new actions you take.
Things that would help in the long run would be looking to get proper nutrition, look out for your body, exercise. Start doing things that you might not necessarily do on normal occassions, find hobbies.

But i'd still say spiritual journeys, taking your time alone, traveling, etc can give your life a new positive look and a motivational push that you might have needed.

a few nutrition tips:
>get enough vitamin D3 and C
>>
>>920648
A spiritual journey just seems like a cynical answer to the problem though... Im not sure. But everything youre saying is spot on
>>
>>920640
This. Especially the mushroom part. Shit can open your eyes and you can see clearly
>>
>>920647
Problems with school, and socially. And I guess health too... My grades are shit, but I know that I could get straight A's if I tried. But it's like a vicious cycle. I fail because I'm depressed, and I'm depressed because I fail. Socially, I have some friends, but I only see them at lunch. Everyone else I look down upon and they look down upon me. I don't ever eat lunch at school, or breakfast. I've been going to the gym, however.
>>
>>920651
Youre right. It is like a vicious cycle because when someone gets in a depression its so hard to get out. Have you thought about seeing a psychiatrist? More than likely theyll give you some pill thatll help the process so you wont even feel sad anymore. And then you can work some other stuff out
>>
>>920652
I'm in counseling. I haven't been diagnosed or given medicine or anything. To be honest it's quite ridiculous. I've been depressed and thinking about suicide for years but I'm just not getting treatment...
>>
>>920649
It kinda is. Dunno, most people that use the term spiritual journey are usually:
>tripping on psychedelics everyday
>suddenly looking for/found god
>are on some bullshit vegan & relaxing trip

For me a 'spiritual journey' is just looking into myself and my needs. Meditating, thinking about thing that bother me, things that i want to do. Doing things that change me for the better and make me happy. I guess a different term for a spiritual journey i should use would be life and living.

>>920650
Mushrooms are a lifechanger

>>920651
Imo, i always put school stuff away and never learned or learned on the last minute before the tests etc.
Just take your time, learn a bit, take breaks. Learn before sleep to help you memorize.
A good mindset is very important for learning.

I can understand what you mean socially. In school you're mostly friends with people because they, well, are at your school and not necesserily share the same interests.
Most good friends i made were people that knew someone from my school/work and shared the same interests. So try to connect to people that share your interests through your friends. Maybe make some friends at the gym, try apps like tinder and lovoo.
>>
>>920654
Thats bullshit. Name off some symptoms of depression to a psychiatrist and they WILL give you medication. Tell him youve had problems with suicidal thoughts though and he'll be required by law to send you to a mental hospital. Theyre not that bad though. They immediately give you medication and you get to mingle with a bunch of other crazies which aint that bad XD if they try to get you to sign an agreement for medical bill payments just DONT SIGN if you dont have insurance. That shit is expensive. Anyway just name off symptoms of depression and anxiety and he should definitely give you something easy.
>>
>>920656
Yeah, i can confirm that most doctors nowadays will prescribe you prozac, adderall or some other strong prescription pills without batting an eye
>>
>>920656
Okay, good I will. I got back into counseling just this year, the last time I was in counseling was like 4 years ago so that's probably why I wasn't given anything.
>>
>>920661
Alright well thats a good thing to start with. Remember that its a big deal to stay fit and if you get into the routine when youre young itll be that much easier to do it when youre older. You gotta branch out. Be open minded about shit. People, hobbies and interests. Sports and stuff. Just don't start smoking cigarettes. Thats a slippery slope right there
>>
>>920663
Yeah cigarettes are fucking stupid and gross, definitely not doing those.
>>
>>920666
And expensive. People do it socially to take the edge off but that shit is TERRIBLE. ITS SO BAD. YOU WILL DIE OK IF YOU SMOKE CIGARETTES YOU WILL DIE. REMEMBER THIS OBNOXIOUS ALL CAPS BULLSHIT. THIS MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE ONE DAY
>>
>>920667
okay and nice almost got 666. My grandfather got lung cancer and died from cigarettes so it'd be pretty shitty if I did the same
>>
>>920651
currently failing the shit out of college. Was about to enlist (honestly still might). Planning a big out trip just to get away but I'm waiting till I'm clearer in the head.

I go to dojo and was quite ashamed as I hadn't been in a few months. Been going every day the past two weeks and was welcomed back with open arms.

Keep yourself physically active anon. I don't really have any problems in my life, I just invent them. Don't do rash stupid things. Take gradual steps, eliminate the negative, accentuate the positive. If you fuck one thing up don't let the rest fall too.
>>
>>920690
Okay, I wish you the best of luck
>>
>>920651
>>920690

Don't go back to school this semester. Do not do it. Do not be like me who dragged it on and on before finally realizing I didn't have the experience or large enough life outlook necessary after many wasted years and finally found it in the wild.

Go outside, live in the woods for awhile, walk about. You'll notice an improvement, and if it's massive, and you live in the united States and you like being /out/ join a conservation corp out west for awhile or work in a seasonal outdoor industry place.

For enlistee man, do it before you regret not doing it earlier. Avoid combat arms jobs, avoid security forces, MP, master at arms, and navy nuke.
>>
>>920650
>>920640
Mushrooms are cool but I wouldn't want to do them by myself innawoods. I would feel so alone and just want somebody to talk to.
>>
>>920970
Also, if you do, I recommend spending the first hour or so rolling around in your sleeping bag. That's what I did. The comeup is just so intense it felt like I was going to explode. All I could do would clutch my blankets and convulse. After that its bretty gud, though. The conversations with my friends were the best part though and I think it would be kinda crappy without that.
>>
File: 0255.jpg (156KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
0255.jpg
156KB, 400x400px
>>920642
wine
>>
Spending a few days in the woods require some preparation but you don't have to be john rambo. Just make sur that you have decent camping gear that you know how to use. Also plenty of water. If you are not usef to camp outside know that you WILL get paranoid at night. There are a lot of living things out there, and most of them are harmless. I would not mix drugs with it, it's the perfect way to get into real trouble and get lost.
>>
>>920979
Looks more like beer.
>>
>>921335
It was "spirits" My friend and I know how to have a good time.
>>
>>921337
To bad you delude yourself that being drunk is synonymous with a "good time", much less a "spiritual journey", when you are just self-medicating the pain of your internal separation from God.
>>
>>921339
>responding to a shitpost with theology
Maybe you should do like Jesus and have some wine at day's end
>>
File: buur.jpg (254KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
buur.jpg
254KB, 1200x600px
I don't agree with suggesting drugs and alcohol to someone going through mental health difficulties, shit's dangerous yo. You should already be in a healthy state of mind before you go "expanding your horizons." Pot can make you super anxious, alcohol is more of a bandaid (which you can become dependent on) and mushrooms mess with brain chemicals directly tied to mental illness. I'm not saying none should ever be consumed, but i'd never recommended them to a depressed person.

That being said, you should first find a really nice/special place to camp. Somewhere breathtaking/comfy or at least peaceful. When you're happy with your spot make it your job to set up really well. Find a soft piece of ground to pitch your tent or build your shelter, make sure you're close to water and firewood and just work work work.

If you spend lots of time working on your camp (gathering firewood etc), you won't have time to think about how bad you feel. Also, once you're finished, you'll have something to feel proud of, and you can devote the rest of your time to leisure activities.

Far as that goes, spirituality is so individual. It might be as simple as thinking hard about what's making you feel so bad, and what can be done about it on a day to day basis. Maybe you just need some time off (in which case you can just try and enjoy your time /out/). People say that eureaka moments are usually experienced when your mind is idle. That's been my personal experience. When i'm /out/ I find myself daydreaming about unrelated things. And this is where I suddenly come to profound conclusions about what I should do with my life. Sounds corny, but I completely sincere.

Hope this helps, good luck anon.
>>
File: St_John's_wort.jpg (247KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
St_John's_wort.jpg
247KB, 1600x1600px
>>920637
>What should I bring, if anything.

consider pic related. It gets me through the dark gloomy months of the year.
>>
>>920637
Yeah, you're gonna want shrooms.
>>
>>924314
I doubt it. It fucking annoys me all "just take a bunch of shrooms and weed dood" crowd. That shit doesn't help some people.
>>
File: 256.png (23KB, 489x423px) Image search: [Google]
256.png
23KB, 489x423px
>>922779
I was alone and depressed in a tiny crumbling apartment in Los Angeles and read all about St. John's Wort and looked at it everyday on the shelf at Ralph's and CVS and couldn't afford it. I ate like $1 worth of food every day (bowl of cereal x 1, ramen x 2). fug those were dark days.
>>
>>920637
Sounds like you need counselling not camping. There's a checklist of shit in the sticky i'd read. Take some books to read or something to draw on. Whatever hobbies you have. Unless you're going deep innawoods (which i wouldn't recommend first time) take more shit than you'll need. This include water, food, booze, medical supplies and so on. Never once have i been out and thought " fuck bringing some extra supplies has just completely wrecked my trip".I have depression and I can tell you there is no substitute for CBT and a decent therapist. Camping is incredibly relaxing and good for your mental well being but it isn't some miracle experience.
>>
nsi-189 anon maybe good old acid
>>
>>924317
This. Shrooms, LSD, other hallucinogens and psychedelics are nothing more than a distraction. Much better to actually be out in the wilderness and get to know the wilderness, not inane nonsense in from drugs. Attain real awareness.
>>
File: IMG_20131202_225346.jpg (460KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20131202_225346.jpg
460KB, 1080x1920px
>>920637
>What should I bring, if anything.
It's handy that you're suicidal because you're going to die

Pic related has always been a handy guide, though you should probably bring a small knife.
>>
Hallucinogens are not going to help you mate. Ignore the dickheads talking about shrooms and especially LSD, that shit will ruin you if you are not in the right headspace. Nor will taking a 'spiritual journey' once help you. Make it a habit. Go for a long walk every week, spend some time in the forest. Over time you might feel yourself becoming calmer and more aware, which could give you a good basis to continue looking for treatment or give you a little perspective and insight on your life. Going and hanging out in the forest for a few days isn't going to do anything for anyone with a real long term problem. And most of all, work on your self awareness.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.