[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo /out/, just got a Yeti 30oz tumbler for Christmas, and it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_8248.jpg (372KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8248.jpg
372KB, 1536x2048px
Yo /out/, just got a Yeti 30oz tumbler for Christmas, and it looks real as fuck and all, but I didn't think colored Yetis existed really for sale like that. I love taking it out with me since my coffee stays warm and shit, but I want the real deal when it comes to my personal belongings.

Pic related, girlfriends yeti she also got
>>
File: 20161122_164227.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161122_164227.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>920555
You could paint it camo for manliness.
>>
I have bought fake Yeti's direct from china and they are exactly the same thing. You forget the ones sold in the US are made in china to begin with. In some cases it'll be off the same machines.
>>
Check the youtube review/ tests.
The walmart one for 9 bucks performs exactly like the one from yeti.
They are made in the same factory but one is over 50 bucks
>>
>>920557
>truely

Does Safeway can their evaporated milk in the exact same cans and machines as Carnation only to put on a different label?

>yes
>>
>>920559
>>920557
Nah I know they work almost just as good, I was just curious about whether actual yetis come pre-colored because I can't find any authentic yetis online for sale already colored like ours.
>>
>>920557
You are probably getting seconds. That is common. They will have slight imperfections.
>>
>>920571
The code on the bottom of my yeti is the exact same as an actual yeti, while the label that comes with it looks just like an actual yeti as well. No imperfections or anything. It's making me question it a lot because I don't think yeti actually makes any tumblers besides the plain steel ones
>>
>>920561
>they work almost just as good

Not almost anon.
They are identical in every way except logo.
Remember that utilitarian objects cannot be patented.
>>
>>920588
>like muh cock
I would patent it, if I could!

Then all would worship me and dispair.
>>
>>920555
>>920574
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B12EfGArME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoJwjqjtmw
>>
>>920555
>>920595
You can see the blue tint to the plastic on that lid and there seems to be no colored Yeti stuff.
>>
This entire board is filled with buyfags since kids got christmas gifts.
>>
>>920599
I've looked online though and there are apparently official Yeti vendors selling colored tumblers, not sure how true that is. OPs picture looks identical to an actual Yeti going by that other anons youtube videos. Who knows
>>
>>920614
Well the height should be exactly 7 7/8" with the lid on.
>>
Who the actual fuck cares?

If it keeps drinks hot/cold, then who gives a fuck?
>>
>>920588
Nah mine has the exact same logo dude. Seriously the chinese factories happily give cheap manufacture prices to american companies because then they get the ability to make them for their domestic market and keep the overhead themselves. The only significant difference is quality control and shipping time, but the quality control can be managed if you look at store reviews on ali and check for picture reviews so you know what you're getting in to.
>>
File: 1479387006754.gif (2MB, 636x334px) Image search: [Google]
1479387006754.gif
2MB, 636x334px
>>920624
One costs $16-$20 and the other costs $40, but the $16-$20 is a fake and they charge you $40 for it. Then you don't have a company guarantee and the vacuum insulation may not even exist for the fakes.

The one in the OP is a fake. All colored Yeti are fakes. The company does not make them or sell them.
>>
If you think your Yeti is real, try registering it:

http://yeti.com/productregistration/productregistration/history/?___SID=U
>>
>>920557
>>920559
It's a status symbol, go back to the barrio Jose
>>
File: Yeti cupholder.jpg (341KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Yeti cupholder.jpg
341KB, 720x960px
Remember to get your Yeti cupholder for that
>>
>>920760
>If you think your Yeti is real, try registering it:

CONSUME
BUY
DO NOT RESIST
>>
>>920758
My mom bought one off Amazon in a blue color for my sister for Xmas. I wonder if I should break the news to her.
>>
is this essentially the exact same thing for 1/4 the price at Walmart?

>https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/171452737
>>
My biggest gripe with all these is that the metal on the inside touches the metal on the outside, at the very rim, and conducts heat like crazy. It can actually get so hot on the outside that you can't comfortably touch it. The beverage inside cools off quickly.

Glass-interior versions of vacuum sealed Thermos bottles are far better, but people are hard on things and often they get broke when slammed to the ground or something. On those, the glass doesn't conduct heat like the metal does and there's a 3rd wall. They don't warm up or cool down very quickly and after 24hours a 212F beverage only cools down to 160F.

I'll stick to my cheaper glass-lined stuff.

>>921602
The problem with fakes is:

1: There's no return policy
2: Quality may be lower, like thinner, easily dented metal or softer metal
3: paint starts to peel off in 2 weeks (#1 gripe with people buying the pink OP one)
4: plastic lid isn't the same plastic and is more prone to being brittle
5: the vacuum sealing may not even exist in the fake one

>>921654
Maybe. Same type of stainless steel, but at what thickness is unknown. You'd need to have them side-by-side to do testing. The reviews are suspect only because the people writing them may actually own a fake Yeti which functions poorly when compared to a real one.
>>
File: IMG_1497.png (369KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1497.png
369KB, 640x1136px
>>921662
So Amazon is really selling all these fake Yetis?

They're making a killing at $75ea.
>>
Mother in law bought several colored stainless cups from Wish before the holidays, and they were knockoff Yetis when they came in. Think she paid about $12 or $15 ea for them.

She ordered more, and the next shipment got siezed as counterfeits by customs. Paint job on OPs looks similar to the knockoff I got.

It keeps my drink damn cold and has a funny story, so no complaints here. Probably gonna spray paint it OD green though, since red isn't really my color.
>>
>>921688
Correct. Counterfeiting is a billion dollar industry in itself.
>>
should i get an Orca?
>>
>>921654
someone got me one of those for christmas, it kept ice for 2 days, no joke
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.