[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Sam Houston Forest /out/. Can I wander off in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: sam.jpg (382KB, 1646x1093px) Image search: [Google]
sam.jpg
382KB, 1646x1093px
Redpill me on Sam Houston Forest /out/.

Can I wander off in the ""wilderness""? Make fires and shit?

Probably gonna go light with just a hammock cause it's still fucking hot in TX.

I've never done anything but car camp in a random clear area out there, and get drunk, probably never wandered more than a mile from where we parked lol.

Also have a kayak, would I better to camp by kayak along the periphery of lake Conroe?

Does that homeless aggie that used to post here still live in the forest?
>>
>>919665
I'd also like to know. I live southwest of Houston and don't have a car, so my /out/ options are limited. You can only go to Brazos Bend so many times before it becomes excruciatingly boring.
Also, screw this weather. 80° on Xmas day is idiotic.
>tfw don't live in the hill country to live at Perdanales Falls year round
>>
>>919666
Nice Satan trips lol. I'm out in aggieland, so got some options out to the West, but Sam Houston is fairly large and just a bit to the East of here...

Wish it would fucking freeze or at least be cold, the other weekend was pretty nice when we had out 2 days of winter. I just want to go out in the woods, have a fire, wrap up in my cozy down bag and sleep in nice chilly night.
>>
>>919674
For real; I just wanna be able to wear comfy winter clothes at least. I bike to work most days, so the hot weather is especially annoying when it's almost January and I still end up sweating buckets before I even start work.
I love Texas, but dang it, I've gotta leave this area as soon as I have the money to do so. Probably gonna move to Nashville and spend as much time as possible at stone door.
>>
>>919665
Go to the Texas parks and wildlife page. They should have all the rules posted there.

>also I have a kayak

Fun fact Texas navigable waterways are considered open to the public, no matter whose property it runs through. You could kayak anywhere you want as long as you don't step on the shore you aren't tresspassing, although some rules are laxed for getting around log jams and such. You could kayak for days, camping on islands you find in Texas rivers, lakes, creeks, bayous, and streams.
>>
>>919685
I've kayaked a fair bit of the Brazos.... It basically sucks lol. Also no one will journey down the Brazos all the way out to the Gulf with me. ):
>>
>>919665
you can't back country camp in shnf until jan 2nd. you can camp at any hunter camp right now. I spent last weekend (the cold one) out there.
>>
>>919769
Wish I had made it out for the cold weekend, but I didn't realize it would be the only one we had.

At least I spent most of the coldest day out at the archery range shooting targets though so that was nice.

Actually, on that topic, how's the hunting out there at Sam Houston? Thinking about trying my hand at bow hunting next season..
>>
>>919792
it takes.some field work to find nice spots during the summer. I got me an 8 point a few weeks ago around thanksgiving.
>>
>>919800
The field work almost sounds like it would be the best part. I love being out in the wilderness, observing nature and finding all the small signs that creatures have been about, trying to blend in and be forgotten...
>>
>>919690
>kayaking in the Brazos
Do you have a freaking death wish? Those undercurrents and swirls will crash your life with no survivors.
It's not even an interesting enough place to merit the risk imo.
>>
>>919897
You're right about the not interesting part for damn sure. I mostly kayaked it around B/CS though, for half of it the shit is only like a foot deep lol, shallow as fuck. I've heard there are falls around like Navasota maybe? Might be fun....

Also, undercurrents and shit... Like who cares? what are they gonna do? Like spin my kayak around then continue me on down river? LOL.
I do not fear death or misfortune. Bravos is small time shit 2bh famallamadingdong.
>>
>>919899
>what are the undercurrents gonna do
Well there are a million different ways you could end up in the water, and if that happens, you're gonzo. For example, falling asleep because it's so boring and dumpic yourself right out of the dinky lil boat, then getting dragged down and forced to drink literal crotch sweat river water.
>>
>>919960
I've been a practiced drunk passed out on many a river, worst case i wake up on shore with no beer. i got this.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.