[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can i eat this mushroom? it smells like one you buy in shops.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: mushroom.png (495KB, 610x367px) Image search: [Google]
mushroom.png
495KB, 610x367px
can i eat this mushroom? it smells like one you buy in shops. picked in uk
>>
>>918589
No. Even if it is an edible variety it is too old to eat. You'd be eating a stew of bad microbes and their toxins.
>>
>>918589
>smells like one you buy in the shops

kek oh it must be fine then huh omfg...
>>
Fuck it op there's only one way to find out take a big bite and report back.
>>
>>918591
Solid advice. That said, anyone who picks mushrooms recreationally can declare themselves a mycologist; it doesn't require a degree or anything. Just so everyone is aware.
>>
Maybe Bay Boletus which would make it edible but it's definately too old and do you want to risk a slow painful death as your internal organs shut down?
>>
>>918659
Boletus are pored, that looks gilled.
>>
>>918593
>>918659
how do you know it's old? pretty sure that's its natural colour. is it because the gills are not straight?
>>
>>918664
Yeah I've seen them clump and stick like that as they have aged some.
>>
>>918664
The color is from old age.
>>
>>918695
bullshit there are loads of them and they're all the same colour
>>
File: Identification.jpg (2MB, 2560x3128px) Image search: [Google]
Identification.jpg
2MB, 2560x3128px
>>918784
The one in the OP image is too old to eat and you can tell specifically because of the color, as well as other things. If you don't know what it looks like and how it differs from the properly fresh ones then you have no business doing anything with wild mushrooms.
>>
>>918805
i smelt it, posted this thread, then chucked it away :)
>>
>>918840
>that :) at the end
You are clearly lying OP. Enjoy the afterlife.
>>
>>918589
once
>>
>>918589
Well you CAN eat it...

Question is, how strong your stomach is?
>>
>>922255

Triple dubs confirms. Eat the mushroom and brace for anal explosions.
>>
>>918589
>>918840
This is the mycological steps
>find mushroom
>identify features (gills, sporeprint, stem, veils, etc)
>identify habitat (base of what kind of tree, season, geograpical location)
>try and determine species
>compare to lookalikes
>consider life insurance
>prepare and eat a small piece (some species are poisonous when uncooked)
>wonder if you're dying of organ failure
once you've done your due diligence it is up to being brave or stupid.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.