[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever done a summer treeplanting? I live in Ontario,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: tegan.jpg (155KB, 600x361px) Image search: [Google]
tegan.jpg
155KB, 600x361px
Has anyone here ever done a summer treeplanting?

I live in Ontario, and i've heard from some long time locals that its a great summer job. Lots of hard work, rough times, and crazy parties.

But i've also heard that you often get gypped when it comes to payments. They pay you per tree, but they can assign you areas like pic related or worse where it takes hours just to clear the land.

Any canadafags with experience to help me out?
>>
We used to have a planter on here. Have a bump.
>>
Friendo wants me to do this with him this summer. Have a bamp
>>
I've been trying to get some friends together to have a crack at planting in Canada for a while but have recently accepted that I'm probably gonna have to go by myself if its actually ever gonna happen.
are there a number of organisations I could go with to organise such a thing or is there one in particular that people here with experience would recommend?
>>
>>918491

When Im outside hiking, Ill throw my marijuana seeds off trail when Im breaking a nug down. I'll do the same thing at work during break.

This city is going to be infested with some kind buds.
>>
Eds up(a show where one of the guys from barenaked ladies spends a week+ doing interesting jobs) covered that profession. Might be on YouTube. His take away was it was insanely labour intensive, and he didn't have the finesse to properly plant the trees even after days of practicing.

I'd check it out if I had a free summer, but I think there'd be far more lucrative, relaxing, /out/ related jobs if you managed to apply earlier.
>>
the canadian dollar is so weak and going to get weaker this summer.
you should try to do it in america.
>>
It's a good summer if you just want to relax. Some people said the work was hard but I grew up on a farm so it was pretty easy for me. I was pretty much drunk the entire summer. Lot of camp outs with friends and fucked a couple hippy chicks. Overall if you don't care about the money it's a pretty damn good summer.
>>
>>919088
Gotta get a work visa
>>
If you're in great shape or close to great shape, it's great because it's like getting paid to hike and shit all day long.

But it's harder work than people realize. Bending, digging, pushing, hills, plus you're packing stuff the whole time.

If you want to get paid to do pseudo crossfit, this is the job for you.
>>
>>919229
what if im a lanklet skellington
will I be able to keep up?
>>
>>919232

How should I know?

Doesn't matter though. Just go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You could fail, but you may succeed and be a more interesting person for doing so.
>>
>>919237

Hell, you could fail in a spectacular way and have a good story to tell. Even that would make you a slightly more interesting person, right?
>>
i've done it but planting in ontario SUCKS

try to get with a small company at least as far west as saskatchewan

honestly, the golden days of treeplanting are pretty over, unfortunately
>>
>>920114
>>919083
>>919091

thanks for the advice bruhs, I appreciate it
>>
>>919232
The more you plant the more you make. You work from 4-5 in the morning untill 1 in the afternoon. You're walking through extremely rugged terrain all day it will be hell for a week untill your body adjusts. If you dont plan on working hard then don't bother because you won't make anything. You're allowed days off if you need rest but again you won't be making money
>>
File: 1465510416995.jpg (478KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1465510416995.jpg
478KB, 1200x1600px
>>920114
this, I know people that planted in northern ontario and they hated it, shit pay, shit food, god-awful bugs, and horrible ground conditions. I've heard out west is better. Do a lot of research online about whatever company/camp you're looking at first.

also consider wild-land firefighting if you want a fit/out summer job, or join the army reserve if you want a /k/fit/out/ summer job
>>
>>921976

I don't really get that pic. Trudeau really had nothing to do with the policies that affected the fire fighting effort. And those black guys got fucked over by their contractor, not the government.
>>
File: 1465503713757.png (498KB, 485x768px) Image search: [Google]
1465503713757.png
498KB, 485x768px
>>922023
>turned down several western offers for assistance
>brought in south african firebeater slave labour to fight the fire after being trained by canadians on how to use things like water pumps and hoses
>they go on strike like all south africans
>great success!
>>
>>922045
Fucking idiot I can clear 20 acres in a day with a bobcat
>>
>>922096

I recall him turning down an offer from Putin. Were there others?

He didn't bring in the africans. A contractor, using the infrastructure put in place by the previous 2 term PC gov, brought them in and tried to get them to work without paying them.
>>
>>922104
sure ya can, kid
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.