[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going on a hiking trip in a few weeks to the forested mountains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: villa.jpg (143KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
villa.jpg
143KB, 640x481px
Going on a hiking trip in a few weeks to the forested mountains of patagonia (pic related). The plan is to walk for 10 hours through the forest and then return to the hotel.

Take into account that this is the southern hemisphere, so summer here.

What should I bring in my backpack? So far I figured this.
>Jacket
>Towel
>Sandals (for river crossing)
>2 liters of water
>Termus with soup (and spoon to eat it)
>Crackers
>Medkit (gasse, paper tape and desinfectant)
>Spare socks (thanks Lt. Dan)
>Flashlight
>Swiss army knife
>Hat
>Sunscreen
>Bug repelent

Am I missing something?
>>
>>918013
Map, compass maybe
>>
A rope is always a good idea.
>>
File: EssentialOutItem.jpg (23KB, 460x307px) Image search: [Google]
EssentialOutItem.jpg
23KB, 460x307px
>>918017
This.
>>
>>918017
This and a small tarp just in case.
>>
>>918013
>Crackers
bring some protein/ energy bars. You might want something more energy dense, and god forbid you get stuck out there it's good to have some real food with you

Also some plastic bags and toilet paper so you can carry out and dispose of waste effectively.

Remember those LEAVE NO TRACE principles anon!
>>
>>918017
>>918020
>>918062
Completely agree. Don't get a plastic tarp or anything like that. You want something made of canvas so you can mend it yourself if you are caught in a tough situation.

Rope is the ultimate thing to bring that /out/ always ignores because they post too much here.
>>
>>918101
Love this advice. A needle and thread might be a good idea to bring as well for mending of any clothing etc that gets damaged. Small enough that there's no reason not to bring them.
>>
>>918013
>Crackers
This is the only thing that irks me. You'll want to bring some energy bars, especially on a 10 hour hike you're gonna need something with protein and sugars. Salts from crackers won't quite be enough.
>>
>>918017
then you can hang yourself when you fail :)
>>
>>918013
>Am I missing something?
Id pack more water. 3 liters at least. being thirsty sucks
>>
>>920168
>>918395
im with these two guys. i dont think ive ever said "why did i bring this extra ltr of water" or man those two extra bar were such a waste

if im over 6 hours always bring 3 sandwiches (extra cuz somone will forget), 3 apples, and 4 bars.

plus its summer so you will use the water.
>>
>>920176
Really depends how much room you have after you pack the rope and canvas in as well as threading equipment. The rope is well worth a litre less of water
>>
>>920183
>The rope is well worth a litre less of water

thats a mighty bold statement there partner.
>>
>>920193
Where in nature will you come across a rope? Almost no where. Where will you come across water in Patagonia? Everywhere.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.