[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am thinking about setting up a survival bag to be ready in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: 1465244520960.jpg (727KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465244520960.jpg
727KB, 1920x1080px
I am thinking about setting up a survival bag to be ready in case I ever need it for whatever reason.

What would be a good bag? I was thinking about this one.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KJMK4W2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=226AUJPSPOUPG&coliid=I2RO1RBJ0WNR4X&psc=1
>>
I have also been gathering items for a bob and have been looking for a bag. Hope this is a good thread
>>
>>917514
>>917463
How indecisive do you have to be you can't choose a fucking bag w/o anon support?

Do you need help dressing yourself, too?

God, I can see the future, "Now what do I put in it?".

>pls lurk mor
>>
>>917589
I do know what to put in, I just need to know what would be a good bag, I have no experience buying them.

>>917514
I hope also.
>>
>>917463
in a shtf situation, the people carrying faggy wanna be military gear will be the first ones I target.

go ahead and buy that pack, then load it up with goodies. faggot.
>>
>>917762
That is why im asking! I would like a good black bag.
>>
>>917762
>compared to my Hello Kitty edc
>>
>>917762
Have fun gettig sniped by my SVD tough guy
>>
>>917463

>more concerned about bag than content

yep...
>>
>>917773
I already know the content and have a lot of what I need, but don't have a good bag.
>>
>>917778
>>917763
>>917748
>>917463
Oh for God's sake, if I >>917589 put you out of your misery will you stop?

I rec the Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II.
Don't overfill it, it's a GHB not a BOB.

Protip: Maxpedition beats Condor and Drago in every aspect.

Now go surf Amazon.
>>
>>917762
wew lad
>>
>>917778
well heres a fucking thought, how about you tell us whats gonna go in it so we can recommend an appropriate bag.

thread quality on /out/ has taken a nosedive last few months
>>
>>917790
Seems like the quality isn't so great with this bag.

>>917802
Looking for a good and comfy bag that I can fill with useful items for survival in case I need it.
>>
>>917824
>75% 5* user reviews, more including 4*

If you're on moble you have to filter the reviews from critical to positive.

Go to Youtube reviews they are many and all, if not most, highly positive.

Else, buy what you want, I don't care.
>>
>>917463
Have you looked at Vanquest?
>>
>>918391
Nope I haven't.

>>917825
Alright thanks.
>>
It depends on what your plan is, what your skill and knowledge level is, what you're planning for and what kind of enviroment you live in.

I have a 2L camelbak with a filter+dirty bag attachment, 4000 calories worth of MRE PB packs, a VERY minimalistic med kit and a bedroll. That's enough to get me where I need to go (three-day hike), where I have more long-term supplies cached, a permanent shelter in place, and a steady supply of fresh food and water; if I tried to carry all the equipment that I would expect to use for an indefinite period of time, I wouldn't be able to close the first five miles before being subdued by exhaustion.

First, you need to figure out what you're preparing yourself for; Nuclear holocaust? lol... ahem... You should probably have a pre-established bomb shelter and be storing two years' worth of food and water in it, as well as waste disposable and air recycling, and probably a dozen other things I don't care enough about to bother worrying myself over. If you're preparing for a more realistic scenario such as a house fire, flooding, or in-laws visiting, that would drive you from your home for a couple of weeks while you get shit straightened out, then burying a couple 5Gal buckets with some food and a tent that you can get to (and don't have to go home to get) is really all you need. Just put it someplace you know won't see a lot of traffic, that's within whatever your comfortable walking distance is. If that's less than a days' walk, you probably don't need a BOB at all; just keep a couple Snickers bars and bottles of water in an old backpack.

The last thing you want to do when the zombies come is to be carrying around a full tactical bag loaded up with shit other people are going to want.
>>
>>918528
I want to have a good amount of things that I could use if I want to survive. Nothing absurd or over the top. Just a bag with a fire starter, water purification, portable charger, knife, maybe a little stove, some food and etc. Just shit that can help, and is good to have anyways.

A bag that doesn't stand out all that much would be pretty cool.
>>
I bought into the survival meme into 2007/8 and took me a couple years to realize how stupid it was buying gear with that purpose.

My advice is buy gear that will fit your /out/ needs, if you're spending money on a backpack look for the ones that are designed for hiking and such, it will perform better and be way more comfy than some muh heavy duty, hard use, marsoc approved tactical backpack.
>>
>>919138
Yea I think a hiking book bag would be good, probably attract less attention as well.
>>
>>919092
That bag should buried in a waterproof container. Say, for instance, your house burns down while you're at work. What good does putting together a BOB do, if it burns up in your house?

>>919138
It might be stupid to prepare with expectation for a zombie apocolypse or even WW3, but flooding, icestorms, drought, earthquakes, power outages and visiting in-laws are all common natural disasters around the world. I've seen two major icestorms in my city where people have actually died because they didn't have the resources needed to survive a week without modern conveniences like electric heat and operable fast food restaurants.

Real preppers aren't those camo-covered lunatics with 800 cases of decade-old MREs and a veritable arsenal in their reinforced basements; we just keep extra food and bottled water handy (and in my case a few presto logs for the fireplace) in the back of the garage. It's about insuring your safety and the safety of your family against the threats you realistically expect to face in your lifetime, not about building bombshelters and combat training.
>>
>>919243
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000F34ZKS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=226AUJPSPOUPG&coliid=ICNHKK2YZV6RS&psc=1

I am really liking this bag, looks pretty fucking good.
>>
File: MyBoB.jpg (76KB, 512x341px) Image search: [Google]
MyBoB.jpg
76KB, 512x341px
>>919267
It all comes down to its intended use. For me, packing light and getting to my safe location as quickly as possible is my top priority, because I have enough supplies there to live comfortably for several months. So my bob is just my day bag with a little food, water and filter, and my ~30F bed roll.

Your needs may be different, but I still think caching supplies is better in nearly every case than trying to carry everything at once, especially if something prevents you from going home to get it.
>>
>>919276
True I totally understand that. The problem is I have no other place to cache shit besides my own home. I also live in the city.

I wanted a bag that if for whatever reason I need to leave the home or city because there is an emergency I can take something with me that can aid my survival.

Maybe I should focus on other stuff instead, like learning better survival skills and etc.
>>
Buy a bag with canvas material. If shit did hit the fan you might have to make repairs on your own and canvas would be a lot eaiser.
>>
>>919330
I live in the city, too... Well, suburbs. My caches are buried on forestry land, about 50 feet off of a main hiking trail that happens to be on my route to a small permanent shelter I built near a decently producing lake. You don't need a ton of property, just know of a place that you can go.

>Maybe I should [learn] better survival skills
Also yes.
>>
>>919338
Ah that sounds pretty cool. Do you own some land there or did you just say fuck it and built it on public land? Also how did you hide your shit? If you had to do that anyways.
I would love to own my own land and have a nice comfy cabin, my fucking dream.

>Also yes.
Yea just need to see how I am gonna practice, and what.

>>919335
Didn't think of that! Very valid point. Canvas shouldn't be hard to fix with the proper sewing kits.
>>
>>917463
Austrian Army Large Rucksack Alpine

1)Its green not wierd camo
2)Its huge
3)It's comfy
4)Its is huge
5)Its pretty indestructable
>>
>>919343
>just say fuck it and built it?
Yup, pretty much. It's not a huge log cabin or anything, just a little domed shelter big enough to crawl into; I did that because a tea candle will heat it up real quick and not create smoke the way a wood fire would, and because it's practically invisible unless you're ten feet away and looking right at it. Forestry rangers will tear down anything they find, FYI.

It would be nice to have land to build on, but I'm a seasonal traveler, so I'd rather have a hundred little homes than one big one.
>>
>>919361
True I understand that totally. But it would be good to have one very good established base, probably better in the long run.

How do you hide all the supplies?
>>
>>919267
>55L, 4.5#s

The op request was for a ghb?

How many days will it take to get home?

Because I live 25 miles from work and don't expect it to take more than 8 hrs, 10 tops.
>>
>>920221
I am OP anon.

The reason why I wanted a bag was in case everything went to fucking shit and I had to survive away from home for a few days or maybe more time.
>>
>>920226
So do you want a Get Home Bag, a Bug Out Bag or an Escape and Evasion Bag?

You define the means to the end.
>>
>>920271
I would say a Bug Out Bag.
>>
>>920274
For one lone wolf or a couple, family, pets?

Terrain? Climate? Distance, duration?

Have you defined your needs at all?
>>
>>920280
I have a big family but I want more of a lone wolf thing.

I live in FL so it's warm climate, nothing crazy really happens.

Not sure on Distance or Duration, several miles and a few days worth should be good enough.

By needs what do you mean?
>>
>>920284
Medications, pet food, legal docs, cash, gold, barter goods, hygiene, ammo, guns...

Your contents determines the bag size and type.

Doesn't really matter anyway, first roadblock and they will steal all your shit anyway.

>move along
>just another Lone Wolf fantasyland pipedream of Things That Will Never Happen
>>
>>920304
Dreaming of things that will never happen?

You do know that if a natural disaster occurs (In FL we get hurricanes) There can be a serious situation, not even just that, there are plenty of things that can happen.

All I want is a bag with some food, water, fire starting shit, small stove, knife, small first aid and hygiene.

It is nothing out of this fucking world.

I will be armed as well. Fuck off dude.
>>
>>920469
>fuck off dude

Did you not say here: >>920284
>nothing really crazy happens

Now you're backpedaling up against the weather.

Do you want to "bug out" "Lone Wolf" during a hurricane when you:

>>920284
> have lot's of family

Can you justify sheltering a hurricane with a backpack when you have a family to consider?

Now tell me, who needs to fuck off hete, kiddo?
>>
>>920508
Nothing crazy happens (Usually) BUT when it does go bad there are a lot of things that can happen.
My family don't need me to survive and for whatever reason I feel that I would be better off leaving I would leave.
>>
>>920629
I would be happy to help you, but you told me to fuck off, so you can choke on your lone wolf fantasy.
>>
>>920772
Happy to help?

>Doesn't really matter anyway, first roadblock and they will steal all your shit anyway.
>move along
>just another Lone Wolf fantasyland pipedream of Things That Will Never Happen

Doesn't seem like it mate. I don't need or want your help anon, you can leave now.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.