[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who hates this sporty-buff people? I dont know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 19

File: buff.jpg (148KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
buff.jpg
148KB, 1080x1080px
Am I the only one who hates this sporty-buff people?
I dont know why, but i hate them and i cringe every time i see someone in thier spandex shorts.

>inb4 you are fat
No, im not
>>
I'm envious of them, but I certainly don't hate them. I admire they go out there and enjoy the world.

Why do you hate them?
>>
>>917093
Because always they come from the cities, and i hate city people. And because they are no true /out/ist they just jog.
>>
You sound jealous.
>>
I am one of these people...

I don't hate you
>>
>>917090
This thread should be moved to >>>/trash/ and so should you
>>
I am with OP.
City people should not be able to share my /out/
I make a lot of slacrifices to live in the mountains and it sucks to have the nicer places flooded with liberal brainless idiots who are focused on the work they left in the office anyway.
I might resort to slashing tires.
>>
>>917096
Why I would be jealous? They are just city dwellers in spandex that are more concecrned about their vain and taking selfies that being /out/
>>
File: fuck.png (238KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
238KB, 500x380px
>>917104
yur not to smaht ru
>>
File: 1438373638.png (5KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1438373638.png
5KB, 224x225px
>>917104
>>
You're fat. Don't lie.
>>
>>917090
>I have a problem with people who are different from me, and so I chose to focus on one aspect about them and start a shit thread about it so that I can feel comfort in the one or two replies that agree with me.

>>917094
>I am intimidated by these people, and thus I'm using a not true scotsman argument to insulate myself from this.

Get a fucking life faggot.
>>
>>917090
Why should I even care? As long as they don't mess with me or my shit I couldn't give a bigger fuck.

The only thing I hate is not having a sporty qt gf to suck me while /out/, as for the rest, Live and let others live.
>>
>>917090
I kind of agree, not because they're in shape, I'm a big guy (4u) myself and in good shape.

It's just a little gay that they treat the outdoors like it's a big freaking gymstudio and it's all about getting a workout for them. When I go cross country skiing soon I'm bound to see some turbofaggot zip past me in a skintight suit, dressed in so few clothes that if he stopped moving he'd get hypothermia.
>>
>>917142
this
>>
>>917142
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21g-E_RcHd0
>>
>>917128
7'1 height and 192 weight.

>>917142
>It's just a little gay that they treat the outdoors like it's a big freaking gymstudio and it's all about getting a workout for them
THIS!
>>
This annoys you more than people who litter, blast music, or get shitfaced?

Pick your battles, son.
>>
>>917177
>or get shitfaced
>>917177
Whats wrong with that?
>>
>>917142
>yfw
>>
>>917090
If you don't hate them because you're fat you probably hate them because you're hick trash.

>>917094
Yep, I was right.
>>
>>917265
Rather be a hick than urban trash
>>
>>917090

Those "sporty-buff" people are just fit dudes with high quality gear. Nothing more.

You're probably just a bitter retard
>>
File: come on man.jpg (43KB, 1012x848px) Image search: [Google]
come on man.jpg
43KB, 1012x848px
why are you so fucking bitter and full of hate

how are "sporty-buff" people a problem in your life

get yourself together
>>
>>917090
You mean like the 2004 extreme sports bros who wear bandanas and spandex and cycle and call marijuana, pot/doobies, and burn incense and play hackysack? Like the hippy/sportster crossover, I hate those guys too.
>>
>>917090
The problem isn't that they are buff nor is it the fact they were skin tight stuff. The problem is that they have no /fa/ sense at all and literally look like clowns 98% of the time.
>>
>>917172
Holy shit Lurch, how do you fucking function?
>>
>>917292
Because /out/ is full of whiny judgmental hippies who are appalled that people like what they don't personally like.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (23KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
23KB, 500x327px
>>917292
he's a typical Tump voter. instead of directing his energy to benefit of his own interests he'd rather direct his energy against other peoples' interests
>>
>>917090
>sporty buff

Never really heard of or seen off the slopes, so no hate here.

But if I see just one OFF-LEASH dog it's getting pepper sprayed!

And if Holly and Jason Sporty-Buff want to bitch about it, I will pepper spray them too!
>>
>No better feeling than hiking in 35 degree heat dipping your buff in a cool spring and putting it back on your head
>>
>>917090
Why don't you avoid the places they like to go and stay off the Disneyland trails you dick lick.

Get off trail or shut the hell up/thread
>>
>>917336
>The problem is that they have no /fa/ sense at all and literally look like clowns 98% of the time.
it's the exact opposite. it's that these people very much DO care about what they look like.
when I hike in the woods, my pants go in my socks every time, because I hate ticks.
Anyone who doesnt do this is a cock sucking homo lala faggot and should stop prancing around and polluting the outdoors.

get your manicure and go walk on a treadmill in the gym listening to blink182 you tremendous poofter
>>
>>917626
>But if I see just one OFF-LEASH dog it's getting pepper sprayed!
wow, what a homo you are
>>
>>917658
You haven't been attacked by vicious dogs of careless, egotistical owners.

I may just pepper spray Holly and Jason Sporty-Buff on sight out of principle, whether they have a dog or not.
>>
>>917662
lets be real here, you haven't either.
>>
>>917662
Better to lay down between holly and Jason while they sleep.
>>
Sheesh...
Srsly, what's your problem? They are outside and working out and have the apropriate clothing for that purpose.
They don't bother anyone and probably just enjoy being out.
You should do the same...
>>
>>917751
They should respect the local culture and dress accordingly
>>
>>917755
>dress accordingly

So if I hike in Utah I have to dress like a Mormon?
And if I hike in California I have to dress like a faggot?

How about I dress how I want to and if you don't like it, mind you own business?
>>
>>917757
>How about I dress how I want
>>917757
How about you stay home then
>>
>>917755
You sound like you're fun at parties
>>
>>917770
Why would I do that when I can trigger you with mismatched camo, sandals and wool socks, spandex accessories and a plague mask?
>>
>>917090
I'm more irked by the ones in basketball shorts and sneakers, since that demographic is more likely to be littering or blasting music in nature areas.
I like the aesthetic and cozy-comfort of traditional gear, but when tech fabrics work better I'll integrate them. I think some people just come at it from what they're more familiar with.

As long as people are respectful of the environment and others in nature spaces, I don't care what they wear. It's nice if it's not distracting, but there're any number of reasons to wear bright-colored gear (easier to see group members, easier aid if injured, mosquito repellent).
I try n judge people on their actions.
>>
I just hate people that wear $2000 worth of shit they bought at REI to go day hikes. They aren't out to enjoy nature, they're out to show off their wealth.
>Inb4 poor
Not poor, fuck REI.
>>
File: 1475200735094.jpg (30KB, 456x402px) Image search: [Google]
1475200735094.jpg
30KB, 456x402px
>>917826
>people show off their wealth by going into the woods, where few people will see them
>they don't even enjoy nature
yeah this sounds accurate
>>
File: Photo on 23-12-16 at 5.54 PM #2.jpg (98KB, 774x485px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 23-12-16 at 5.54 PM #2.jpg
98KB, 774x485px
>>917826
I am a poorfag and that doesn't bother me at all. I'm not the least bit concerned about peoples' shitty character or personality when I really don't even have to interact with them.

Plus it's good for the economy. Yuppie fagûts wanna spend their money on flimsy investments and fairweather hobbies? Let them. As for me, instead of buying boots every year, I buy Shoe Goo™. :)
>>
Who else is a life long woods boy? I was never a scout or any gay crap like that I just spent my time in the woods as a kid.
>>
>>917831
>people show off their wealth by going into the woods, where few people will see them
>what is facebook/snapchat/twitter/instagram
>>
File: IMGP6900.jpg (313KB, 1000x662px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP6900.jpg
313KB, 1000x662px
>>917835
Yep, me. All day errday in the woods. Parents would put lunch outside on the porch so when we came around we'd find it and then go back out until the sun went down. We were often locked out of the house in fact.

I recently revisited "the big rock" that we used to play on as kids. The clearing is getting all overgrown now and the rock is all mossy, but it used to be our spaceship/boat/etc. Fun times.
>>
>>917838
That hurts you?
>>
>>917656
What is DEET?
>>
File: 1474510261948.png (892KB, 589x808px) Image search: [Google]
1474510261948.png
892KB, 589x808px
>ITT: Triggered fatty
>>
>>917842
Yes, it makes me feel literally raped.
>>
> hey that guy’s in spandex
> hey that guy’s in milsurp
> look that guy is hiking really fast
> look he’s slow, bet he’s taking it easy

If you think anything other than, hey I hope that fellow hiker has a good day, you are beta as fuck.
>>
>>917090
I use my buff for a balaclava while fishing during the winter, so suck my dick OP
>>
File: geeps_thio.png (16KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_thio.png
16KB, 261x195px
>>917934
quite simply this.
>>
>>917880
Like a NEET, but: Don't Employ, Educate or Train.
>>
I'm one of those people. I live in the SF Bay, work 50+ hours a week, have done Ironmans, ultras, etc., and either do weekend or multiweek trips all around the Western US. I don't "hike" but when I run or climb I typically do in one day what most people do in 3 or 4. I wouldn't say I dislike whiny locals who think it's an accomplishment to never leave the place they were born, but just realize people like me are smart and well traveled enough to understand why that is, you aren't smart or ambitious enough to do anything with your life. It's completely understandable why you would resent people like me, as you know deep down you will never be able to do what we do physically, mentally, and economically. Don't take that as a "you think you're better than me!" kind of thing, it's not like that at all, I just have little respect for people who don't try for fear of failure, whether it's outdoors related or not.
>>
>>917401
this
>>
>>917954
you are that climber in the California-bear spandex that posted a vid of topping out a v6 or v7 in the gym a few months back, aren't you
>>
>>917954
What a braggart faggot.
You are so clearly guided by what other people think of you.
You imagine that everyone must be so impressed with you and that is was spurs you on.
You can always tell these guys by how they look down on others at any opportunity.
There are thousands of narcissistic assclowns like you /out/ and about these days.
>>
>>917993
i also would have accepted "/out/ and ab/out/"
>>
>>917993
Your insecurity is showing. Every single thread like this boils down to the same thing
>I hate these people because they think they are better than me
>I'll show them, I'll say that I'M better than THEM!
Try focusing that energy towards self improvement or some kind of goal, you'll feel better
>>
>>917954
You think I dislike people like you because I resent people like you or something like that. But you are wrong, i dislike people like you because you go /out/ and you dont event interact with nature, for people like you its the same going /out/ or staying in your local running track. And thats what makes me cringe, you treat the great outdoors just like another gym.
>>
>>918004
>>918004
But you know deep down that you are better dont you.
>>
>>917755
No lol. I go to Hickville I'm not dressing up in oversized overalls so there's room for my sister to suck my dick, I'm dressing how I normally dress.
>>
>>918008
>>918009
>you should spend TRUE, REAL time in nature like I do, an AUTHENTIC outdoorsman
>also spends his time deeply concerned with what other people are thinking
If you're going to give life advice I wouldn't tie it in with something that exposes your extreme insecurity at the same time. Can you even read your own post and take it seriously?
>I don't like people like you because I know what you are thinking and it's not the same way that I think
>>
>>917103
yyyep
>>
>>917954
10/10 roleplay
>>
File: thubz.jpg (7KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
thubz.jpg
7KB, 262x192px
>>917833
hooo boy that's a hell of a shoo goo job. good job.
>>
>>918027
lol, this. It was excellent bait. : )
>>
>>918057
the back split and I sutred it shut with a spare shoelace I had (three knots total) and when I got home I just left the bigass stitches in and coated the whole thing with 'goo. It's waterproof and sturdy as tire rubber so what do i care. it's obviously not worth keeping them "looking pretty" or anything, just extending their /out/ life is all
>>
>>917090
People often hate what they love. Just let go op. Tell the world you want some of them hunk o' men.

Most of the people on 4chan are fucking faggots.
>>
>>917954
You totally belong in faggot capital USA.

Oregon anon here and I could keep up with you but you are just sound like a city boy that can't hack it without your fancy bullshit. Btw, please stay out of Oregon.
>>
>>918008
I never understood this thinking.

There is a local hiking board I read and one of the members has set speed records on the PCT, AT and some others too I think.

People gave them shit about not slowing down to enjoy nature and all that.

First of all it's none of your business and secondly how do you know they aren't enjoying the nature?

Because people do things differently than you think they should you dislike them. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>918447
yeah people are just generally shitty and force shitty sheepleness upon themselves. anytime someone isn't exactly like them/theirs they get all shitty about it because peopel are jsut generally shitty. shitty shitty people.
>>
>>918059
that's fucking dope! I didn't even see the laces(stitches?). Are those sketchers? What were you doing that made the boot split down the back? It's an impressive break and an even more impressive fix anon.
>>
File: 71CjONo+5AL._SY355_.jpg (36KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
71CjONo+5AL._SY355_.jpg
36KB, 355x355px
>>918464
eh s'nothing special anon. the boots are a few years old so the stitching up the back wore out and the leather just ripped along the perforated line. we were off-trail fucking around following a stream down a pretty steep hill toward a river. when we got to the bottom i started hopping riverstones and got my boot wet and felt a rush of cold water on my foot. looked down and saw the back was flayed open. so i grabbed the spare shoelace out of my pack and used the leather punch on my trusty SAK to make some holes and tied it off.

and yeah they're skechers, got em on sale. they're very comfy but obviously not the most robust for real hiking and stuff.
>>
>>918008

lol and you treat nature like some shitty park you get to walk your dumbass into like you own the fucking place.

just let people enjoy it if theyre not fucking it up
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 492x385px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 492x385px
>>917179
Kek
>>
>>917090
It's called tribalism you emotional retard. Try hating people for real reasons. Also, 50 pounds overweight is fat despite what Richiartd Simon's tells you.
>>
File: 1334327606118.png (109KB, 432x576px) Image search: [Google]
1334327606118.png
109KB, 432x576px
>>917656
I think you might be retarded.
>>
>>918470
/out/ needs more of this, and less "whut bootz should I buy?" "oh you need to spend x amount of $$$$ to even think about a short hike".

I've had a pair of walmart sneakers separate from the sole at the front. I used paracord and punched holes, and "sewed" it up. Made it off the mountain and threw those fuckers out tho. I'm impressed that yours are still serviceable.
>>
>>918730
i second this; more creativity and self reliance and less consumerism

i find that using items /out/ that i make or repair, makes the experience more special/intimate somehow.
>>
>>917336
real reason is that they never see the women version of these guys out and about, it's always the skintight clothing guys.
>>
>>917934
Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking while trekking!
>>
>>917090
You sound bitter
Have fun lugging your 80 pound load of milsurp canvas and leather plus your cast iron dutch oven 2 miles off a road and spending your evening cutting down trees for your shelter and batoning firewood, I guess. When you get back you can tell /out/ how real men carry heavy packs and don't use trails.
>>
>>917954
> I don't "hike" but when I run or climb I typically do in one day what most people do in 3 or 4.

If you haven't gone hiking or backpacking you should give it a try. It is a completely different experience than trail running, ironmans, etc and not really something you can "do in one day what most people do in 3 or 4."

A large part of the experience is the isolation and disconnecting from everyday life. I'd say that distance covered is a poor metric to compare the experiences.

I think that most people that have a problem with people like you dislike having the outdoors broken down into just another metric by which people measure themselves against others.

I actually find it sad for you seem to be so distasteful towards locals as unintelligent or unambitious simply because their goals in life don't match your own. You are missing out by dismissing them. Not everyone wants to be a transient or to work 50+ hours a week.
>>
>>917934
Yeah basically
>>
File: Janeway_Season7.jpg (21KB, 271x331px) Image search: [Google]
Janeway_Season7.jpg
21KB, 271x331px
>>918967
tfw I treeplant and use a cast iron pan for muh durability
>>
>>918980
This, hiking is more about the journey and not a high score you rack up. I might stop dozens of times on a trail to look at plants, appreciate a vista, take photos, sit in quiet confemplation, take a nap, go for a swim, explore off trail, have a snack, etc. I still rack up some miles, but that's not important. It's better for me to be experiencing the trail than reduce it down to a number that doesn't tell you anything.
>>
>>917934
yeah I was gonna point out that I have never been treated with anything other than kindness and respect on the trail no matter how I dress or what accessories I have, clearly all these triggered man children never actually go /out/
>>
>>919803
and this is why their inane comments on a Zoroastrian myrrh exchange are laughable and inconsequential to actual /out/
>>
>>918980
This is why I solo. I tend to prefer my own pace, stopping to pick up a seashell or flower that is prettier than the rest.

Powering thru "the flats", going slower on the downhill.

Generally setting my own pace.

Fuck trail runners and what ever they wear is thier choice.
>>
>>919806
Get off my pan-american underwater shuffleboard forum, judgemental judging judger.
>>
>>917826
I dont necessarily hate when people use nice gear for day hikes but its annoying when they make it sound like you'll die id you arent using trekking poles on a flat trail.
>>
File: 1359664618446.jpg (15KB, 702x387px) Image search: [Google]
1359664618446.jpg
15KB, 702x387px
>>917090
>too intelligent to lift weights
>too intelligent to attract women
>too intelligent to use other trails
>>
>>917094

Any /out/doorsman should be fit enough that it shows in their body. Being unfit is for urbanites.
>>
>>917134
this
>>
>>917172
THANK YOU HUNGRY SKELETON
>>
File: this is why i filter people.png (2MB, 806x1064px) Image search: [Google]
this is why i filter people.png
2MB, 806x1064px
>>917662
here's an idea
what if - and hear me out here - what if you only pepper sprayed the dogs that were vicious?
>>
>>917954
damn, look at those responses. 10/10 if troll
>>
>>921434
definitely a troll, and a very well executed one. Do you think someone who was actually like that would waste their time on 4chan?
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.