[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been thinking a lot about collapse and what to do when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

I've been thinking a lot about collapse and what to do when it happens. I personally don't think it's a matter of 'if' but 'when', though it may be many years from now...

I'd love to live in a rural area or have my own farm but I don't know the first thing about heading in that direction.

Anybody have a plan or things set up already for surviving?
>>
How are you going to maintain a farm on your own if millions of hungry/angry city dwellers start pouring into the countryside following this supposed collapse? Civilization and order is what allows people to remain in one place long term. You'd need to be mobile and adaptable in your hypothetical scenario. Or even better charismatic and capable enough to get a following of other people to do what you want.
>>
>>916739
>if millions of hungry/angry city dwellers start pouring into the countryside following this supposed collapse?

that wouldn't happen.
>>
>>916825
Why, because you say so?

The countryside is literally the very first place everyone thinks to go. Everyone is going to "bug out" to the mountains and valleys. Fucking count on it. Nobody is going to sit in their 36th floor apartment and order pizza delivery during a societal collapse.
>>
>>916825
I have to agree with this anon.

Most people have no plan and would just sit around in their houses or apartments and wait for the government to solve their problem. There'd be a lot of gibbs me dats and stuff. Most people don't even know where the food they purchase in the super markets comes from, much less how to produce their own food via farming or raising livestock.

Civilization is not a bad thing, but when it gets too large, certain things can go bad, and when they do, because of population density, the effects are exponentially amplified.

That's just looking at things from a very "basic needs" perspective also. This is not including things like medical supplies or gasoline, which, believe me, people will kill for if there truly is a long term SHTF situation.

While I don't have any personal land, I do have a few areas Ive designated as my bugout location which will get me through a few weeks or months if need be until I can figure out what my next move is. A good place to start looking if you don't own any land yourself is BLM land or National Forest.

Again, most people will not know what to do and will most likely just stay put and hope that someone else saves them. Most people will not have the means or the skill to bugout to a forest or something similar. In their minds, being in a city would be safer, when in truth, it would be much more chaotic.
>>
File: sed cot.jpg (35KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
sed cot.jpg
35KB, 567x437px
>>916726
>grab sks
>grab backpack
>grab doggo
>hop the "fence" of my nearest national park
>spend as long as I have to until the happening is done happening
>come out after a while I somehow don't die
>resume old life if at all possible

that's about it
>>
Camp in the city park or downtown square and wait for the soup lines that will come.
>>
I think yall guys picture this "civilisation collapse" like a post apocalyptic movie and thats the problem.
If it happens its most likely gonna look like what syria or some african countries look like now.
There will be many armed gangs fighting for territory and influence. New local governments and rulers will be established and society will remain "fhe same". Sure, living standards will lower, there will me killing and clashes but its not gonna be you living somewhere in the countryside and fighting random evil guys that came to steal your supplies.
The leaders that command the biggest armies will be the ones in control and they will quickly realize that the sooner they establish a somehow functional society, the more followers they get.
World is not gonna turn into DAYZ video game.
Maybe if all the people in the world died and only a few thousands of us survived it might actually look like that but that not very likely to happen.
>>
We could talk doomsday survival here all day, and it is a fun topic...but

I think I will post more in the direction of the original question. Let's assume that conditions will allow you to survive on your own, how do you make that happen.

Well, first you need some land. It needs to be fertile enough that you can grow on it. I would want it to be somewhere I have a good long growing season, the exception would be somewhere like Alaska with lots of wild resources. You must have a clean and consistant supply of fresh water.

You don't need a huge place because you probably wont have diesel for running tractors and such. I think the optimal would be to team up with a few like minded individuals as it would be more survivable in a group. If you are solo and you get hurt or sick...done for. There is only so much an individual can do alone.

You need to gain some knowledge on what will grow for you, when to plant and harvest, and how to store it (canning or whatever).

I own about 30 acres, and I can tell you this, it is a full time job to keep the place under control. Meaning brush, weeds, vines, bad trees, from taking over. fixing fences and other chores. Not to mention any animals that you might have. I pay a pretty penny in taxes, so you can't just buy a place and it will be sitting there waiting on you, ready to plant your beans.

Anyway, I think you could set something up, but I believe it will be more involved than most would think at first thought.
>>
>>916726
>I personally don't think it's a matter of 'if' but 'when', though it may be many years from now...
It's already happened. There are no great men left, just scummy thieves in expensive suits. No freedom, no dream, and no more moving forward. We've hit the apex of society decades ago, now we're on the down slope. It's too expensive to be a poor farmer, almost every bit of land on the planet is owned by somebody, and there's the looming threat of government seizure through Eminent Domain.

Police are militarized. Your neighbors are government boot-lickers. There's distracting class wars left and right while the rich get richer and the poor become poorer. America, the epitome of democracy in the modern world, held an election this year between sleazy businessman and a federal criminal. It was revealed that there exists a secret Shadow Government separate from the public-facing governments.

Corporations are people. Governments are spying on their citizens without cause or warrants. A SWAT team killed a civilian with a murder-drone. There's mass collections of civilian data every minute of every day. A rogue entity peacefully invaded a federal building in hopes of gaining support against an oppressive tyrant but were sent dildos instead. Life saving medicines that were once affordable have seen their prices rise in factors in the hundreds not due to shortage, but due to greedy investors and hedge fund leaders.

It's happened. It's all happened. Short of war, we've seen the worst humanity has to offer, and nobody seems to care. If you haven't hunkered down by now, you're too late. Time to run, hide, play along, or die.
>>
>>917203
kek
>>
>>917204
Like I said, nobody cares.
And you're labeled a nutter if you try to bring these things to light.
>>
>>917203
>almost every bit of land on the planet is owned by somebody
I cannot wait to become a homesteader once Antarctica thaws the fuck out.
>>
>>917203

I'm afraid you're right.
>>
>>917316
>implying special interest parties won't patrol with F-16's 'cause MUH OIL
>>
>>916992
Whereabouts? What's range are the taxes for 30 acres. Looking to buying some land in the future
>>
>>917316
Until the UN treaty is dismantled, you will never set foot on Antarctica without being shot.
>>
File: what did they show you buzz.jpg (37KB, 694x451px) Image search: [Google]
what did they show you buzz.jpg
37KB, 694x451px
>>917354
>>917372
there's some crazy shit going on down there
>>
>>916726
Why does it feel like this only happens to American?
Sure i can buy a system colapse in the future, but in our lifetime? Nope
>>
>>917373
Yep, I'm well aware. Already looked in to Operation Paperclip, Operation Highjump and Operation Fishbowl.

The reason the treaty was created was to hide the truth from the masses.
>>
>>917381
So a military research station, a nuclear testing program, and the transfer of German scientists over into the hands of the United States Government. What does it all coalesce into?

You do know that there are tourism companies that will take civilians into the heart of mainland Antarctica right? What about all the international researchers at McMurdo, I know a guy who was stationed down there and oversar heavy machinery operations? What are they hiding?
>>
>>916919
>current year
>being this wrong
>>
>>917406
>what are they hiding?

Good question. What are they hiding?
>>
>>917424
I dunno man that's why I'm asking you
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.