[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am going to backpack next year across the country. The journey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: aether85_side_arroyored.jpg (87KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
aether85_side_arroyored.jpg
87KB, 570x760px
I am going to backpack next year across the country. The journey will take five to six months. I'm going to take a flight to Charleston, South Carolina, then I'm going to walk from there to San Jose.

I went on /k/ for tips and tricks on how to protect myself along the way and they called me a 'special snowflake' for it.

Is it true? Are we special snowflakes? It made me feel bad and kind of buzzkilled my enthusiasm for doing this.
>>
>>916021
who gives a shit what fat, mouthbreathing make-pretend-military fags that shitpost on 4chan care about your hobbies.
>>
>>916024
Is that what you'd say to them? What if someone tried to bully you irl. My social skills are terrible and I don't know how to BTFO people
>>
/k/ here. Not all of us are dicks. Any questions in particular?
>>
>>916030
Well I'd like to know whether I can use my bear mace as main protection instead. I have a gun, but it's awful and I get terrible groupings with it.
>>
>>916028
i was talking about the people at /k/. but for the people irl, just ignore them, if they get in your face ask them nicely to fuck off. if they dont, well thats why you never walk around in a strange places while unarmed.
>>
>>916038
No I meant what if you were hanging out with a group of people and then one of them talks shit on you for not being normal like everyone else and proceeds to shit on you for liking /out/ hobbies and backpacking, saying that you're a degenerate and a vagrant and no one backed you up.
>>
>>916037
Bear mace is actually less potent than regular mace, this is due to bears being more susceptible to the schoville rating. Personally id get a can of of regular pepper spray to deter unwanted individuals.
>>
>>916040
again, who really cares what they think?
>>
>>916044
>Who cares

Certainly your 'friends' and certainly you should since you're in a room surrounded by people who suddenly don't like you. Certainly the people you will meet in that city since they'll spread word of you like wild fire since you didn't put him/them in their place
>>
>>916040
Newsflash
>you are
>no one will
Toughen up
>>
>>916052
But I'm not witty enough to make bad people go away anon
>>
>>916054
Hence toughen up. Expecting people, much less strangers, to fight your battles is unrealistic. Unless you're a loudmouth asshole, you should be able to walk into any strange place and be fine. Excluding the 'hood.

And cut your hair you damn hippy.
>>
>>916061
I don't expect strangers to protect me, I just want to know how I can stand up for myself if I'm not witty enough to BTFO someone.
>>
>>916047
hahah yea but who gives a shit what those fags think. besides, they wont care either. "so and so likes camping" isnt exactly juicy gossip.
stop caring what people think and be comfortable with who you are.
>>
>I want to backpack near 3000 miles in 6 months, but some anonymous 4chan users said some impolite things to me and it's made me lose enthusiasm for it

This is going to go really well.
>>
>>916105
Well I assumed that people would bully me over it if they did.
>>
>>916064
Witty vs. polite, witty will get you ass kicked everytime.

Irl ain't 4chan, if you expect them to leave you alone because you can make clever remarks to put them down by insult, you had better take a gun. Because the first person you "bear spray" will likely shoot you in the dick.

Or his buddy will.

....or I will.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.