[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ive been spear fishing for like 2 months now but I have problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (49KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
49KB, 480x360px
Ive been spear fishing for like 2 months now but I have problems holding my breath. I feel like before I could only hold my breath for 15 seconds and 8 can still only go for 15 seconds. Any tips or ideas?
>>
Im not into spearfishing, snorkeling or diving.
But maybe you need to increase you red cells count.
Eat food wich is iron and cooper rich, and make some cardio.
>>
>>915556

Are you breathing deeply/quickly/heavy before diving? You need to get extra oxygen into your system.

(Although 15 seconds is pretty terrible even if you aren't doing that. And I can't believe you've been doing it 2 months at 15 second dives.)
>>
>>915556
You should practice holding your breath for longer and longer periods while laying in bed, watching tv, taking a dump, etc.
>>
>>915600

oh,

and make sure to freedive with a partner who knows blackout resuscitation, if you're not already doing that.
>>
File: scaph.png (530KB, 581x393px) Image search: [Google]
scaph.png
530KB, 581x393px
Commercial diver here

I suggest you to follow a basic apnea course, they learn you the right way to breathe.
I paid my basic apnea course like 50 euros for 2 hours and I learned A LOT during that course.

also
>>915608

THIS, don't fucking dive alone, it may sound annoying to always find a dive buddy but thrust me, I've seen a lot of accident during my career because of people diving without a partner

The only divers that are allowed and SAFE to dive alone are commercial divers
>>
>>915600
>hyperventilating before diving

PROTIP: This doesn't increase your oxygen saturation, it lowers your CO2 saturation.

The end result is that you feel more comfortable under the water, but you have the same amount of oxygen left, if not less.

This is how you get shallow water blackout and die.
>>
Study Wim Hoff
>>
I hear a trick free divers use is to hold their breath whilst walking the same distance back and forth.

Like if you have a hallway you'll hold your breath and then mark how far you got. Very fast you'll realize that you're getting further and further on each attempt.

Also, there's a technique to handle that reflex to breathe. It involves "tucking" the contents of your lungs so that all the oxygen available comes in contact with the walls of the lungs and can be absorbed into your bloodstream. Feels like you're swallowing air I think.
>>
>>915556
>15 seconds

Are you shitting me? I've not done anything in 20 years where I need to hold my breath on a regular basis. I just checked using google stopwatch and I lasted 1m 09s without preparation. Back when I was doing swimming underwater the longest average was about 3 mins without trouble. I have no clue what my max was.

Increasing this time is about increasing your lung capacity and exercising while holding your breath. Breath deep down using your chest to expand and your abdomen then exhale. Repeat slowly. For exercising you hold your breath for x amount of repetitions or steps and try to increase that length of time. You also slow your breathing while exercising and take deeper breaths.
>>
File: spurdo.png (13KB, 528x404px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.png
13KB, 528x404px
>>915556
>Any tips or ideas?
Start off breathing in tiny amounts of water to slowly build up your resistance to larger amounts of water. My brother did this and he can breathe in an entire sea.
>>
>>915556
Are you breathing with your chest? Or your gut? Because if all you are doing is puffing your chest out while inhaling then your lungs aren't fully expanding.

When you inhale stop worrying about your chest, extend your gut as much as possible while inhaling, this flexes your diaphragm/solar plexus/whatnot, and greatly increases your lung expansion.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.