[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>got my hunting license >got a .22 LR Now I'm stuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: hunter gf truck.jpg (627KB, 3532x1987px) Image search: [Google]
hunter gf truck.jpg
627KB, 3532x1987px
>got my hunting license
>got a .22 LR

Now I'm stuck looking for places to hunt in Socal near LA county. Seems like there's so many rules I don't want to break one and get fined/guns confiscated. Also nobody wants to share their "Secret spots".

what do
>>
>>914977
go hunt in az, nv, or utah
ca is shit for hunting due to regulations
>>
>>914977
Move, dumbass.
>>
File: 1378226739001.jpg (341KB, 896x651px) Image search: [Google]
1378226739001.jpg
341KB, 896x651px
>>914984
But my gf doesn't want to.
>>
>>914985
Have you asked her son what he thinks about moving?
>>
>>914977
Fun fact: hunting licenses in my country work in wierd ways.

First you get a smoothbore licence, and can acquire a pump or over-under, or whatever.

Then you pass a shooting exam and get a rifle licence.

And you can only get a .22 with the rifle licence. So you can destroy things with a 12 gauge before being able to plink.
>>
>>914986
do you mean Tyrone's son?

Don't both in CA, especially in SoCal. Complete waste of time trying to abide by every superfluous regulation.
>>
>>914977
Leave California. It's a shithole. Your GF will thank you later, and if she doesn't, she was a retard to begin with.
Please vote red when you do move.
>>
File: duda scarf.jpg (44KB, 540x557px) Image search: [Google]
duda scarf.jpg
44KB, 540x557px
>>914977
Feet.
>>
California is one of the worst states for hunting.

A .22 is a good choice for hunting small game like rabbits and squirrels. It is not good nor legal in most areas for hunting deer and bigger game.

Most outdoors persons don't want to share their good hunting or fishing spots, because they are so hard to find, and as soon as you tell one person their are a dozen there the next time you go.
>>
>>914992
What country is that? I thought I read Russia operating something similar to this.
>>
>>914985
Maybe you need op pic related.
>>
File: 1386880344001.jpg (92KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1386880344001.jpg
92KB, 1024x768px
>no hunter gf
>>
>>914992
The scars of lobbyism
>>
>>914977
>.22 LR
>hunting

I don't think there is anything special about finding small, nuisance species
>>
>>915718
No one cares about your opinion.

Small game hunting is an important step in learning how to hunt and should be encouraged by experienced hunters to all new hunters. Learning how to hunt small game before moving on to big game ensures the hunter knows how to process the game and achieve a human kill. Then again, your idea of hunting is probably probably sitting your fatass up in a tree stand and waiting for something to walk by at 20 yards in which case learning how to actually hunt is void.
>>
>>915722
>rekt
Until...
>a human kill
>human
>>
>>915725
I'm assuming that was supposed to be "humane."
>>
>>914977
CDFW maps
https://map.dfg.ca.gov/lands/

Also read your fucking CA hunting handbook. Most of the land in National Forests and BLM land is open to hunting. Just don't hunt too close to occupied structures, livestock, campgrounds, and whatever is specifically stated in your goddamn hunting handbook.
>>
>>915725
>>915784
Fuck. yeah that was supposed to be "humane"
>>
File: IMG_0759.gif (2MB, 285x214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0759.gif
2MB, 285x214px
>>916108
we totally believe you mang
totally
>>
>>916289
>kinda creepy someone would make that
>kinda creepy someone save and post that
>>
>>915722
you go ahead and hone your skills against some worthy prey like rats or opossums, of course there is a high likelihood it will outsmart the likes of you
>>
File: IMG_2758.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2758.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>916293
meet crackers
the creepiest dog alive
NOT my dog
>>
>>916329
Lol those aren't small game animals you dumbass. Those are pest animals.

>implying you can't get good meals from small game hunting
>implying all I do is small game hunt

Can you even read? I never said that I small game hunt exclusively. All I said was that new hunters should start by hunting small game and people like you who look down on it are pricks who have probably never even hunted before. seriously, go kill your self. You're arguing against a objective truth that small game hunting is a good way to learn how to hunt.
>>
>>916329
those species are actually much much smarter than any big game animal. Deer and Elk are fucking retarded, just like someone who thinks people hunt rats and possums for small game
>>
>>914977
You can't hunt much in California with a .22LR.
>>
>>915722
There is nothing worth getting educated about that you can hunt with a .22LR in California. He fucked up and should have bought a shotgun.
>>
>>917326
>inb4 illegals
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.