[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good day sk/out/s, So I've been looking for a good backpack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 58601_328_02.jpg (655KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
58601_328_02.jpg
655KB, 2000x2000px
Good day sk/out/s,

So I've been looking for a good backpack to take with me when I go camping. So far, the 5.11 rush (pic related) seems like a good bet. It has plenty of space, is quite sturdy and has good reviews overall. What's less appealing is it's price tag.
I wanted to ask if you guys have any good recommendations for, preferably cheaper, bags? They need to be large, but not too large (between 35-50L), as I will be going through the wilderness with it. As such, it also needs to be a sturdy bag too. I'm also not big into bright colors.

Any good recommendations will be appreciated!
>>
Milsurp stuff is good, but 5:11 is not milsurp it's fake repro shit with terrible stitching, don't fucming buy it anon. If it's camo and it's not actual military surplus, never EVER buy it
>>
>>914068
Haha, allright, I'll take it into consideration. Do you know a good online milsurp store perhaps? I live in Europe, so it's harder to come by actual milsurp stuff over here.
>>
Good choice!

>poorly ventilated back
>no hip belt
>heavy useless molle
>zips

Really don't know where this milsurp tough as nails and that's why it's soooo necessary for inna use meme comes from. It's not like hiking gear is fragile dude.
>>
So apparently its a bad bag but no one of you retards are suggesting better bags.
Inb4 some retarded 400$ bag that weighs half a pound
>>
>>914070
MOLLE II Large Rucksack ACU With Shoulder Straps Belt if you're looking for milsurp.
>link
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/331955522759?_mwBanner=1
I've got one; it's spacious and comfy to carry, if a bit on the heavy side (~4.5 kg empty).
>>
>>914079
That's a pretty good one. I don't mind it being heavy though. Thanks Anon!
>>
Btw, I don't specifically need MOLLE, even though it can be quite handy. Just looking for a good all-round bag.
>>
>>914085
Buy an old external frame, pretty tough and you can always fix or re-make the actual "pack" part.

Also nice cause you can strap shit to it (rifle,tackle box,pole, spear, ice auger)
>>
>>914063
Yukon Outfitters basically make a living selling knockoff 5.11 gear. If you really want a milsurp or tacticool looking bag for LARPing instead of a proper bag I suggest you look them up.
>>
>>914081

>if a bit on the heavy side
>4.5 kg
>a bit

kek

>>914063
>>914087
how long have you been hiking and camping? what you need is to do some basic research and make an informed purchase, rather than ask /out/ to satisfy your wilderness adventurer fantasy
>>
>>914139
About four years now, mainly in Eastern Europe. And regarding research, I've no idea where to start as everyone says something different. Besides, can't hurt to ask around right? No harm in that, after all, it's you who decides if you answer or not.
>>
I just recived the kelty redwing 50. Havent uses yet. But it looks nice.
>>
>>914150
it does hurt to ask because the repetition of 'what backpack/boots/jacket/backpack/boots/trousers/jacket/socks/backpack/boots' lowers the post quality (kek) on the board.

You'r question is so open ended.

What do you use now, what do you dislike about it? Input beyond 'good' (super subjective) 'cheap' (almost as subjective) and 'sturdy' would be good.

If you're gonna go for tactical you might as well go for CAPABLE tactical such as lowe alpine sting, or karrimor sabre, both come in OD and are UK available. HPG would be awesome but as EU and on budget would not recommend.

But IMO anyway you should just get a standard hiking rucksack as it'll be designed around the task you'll actually be doing with it - hiking and camping.

Osprey, Lowe Alpine, Berghaus, basically just check out any outdoor manufacturers rucksacks.

Rather than a tactical bookbag like the Rush24, after your first trip you'll be thankful you went for a bag with functional back support and ventilation.

I'm talking from experience. I've tried loads of different bags, from cheap Highlander ruck (dying now after 10 years), to milspec gear like Camelbak trizip (yes I fell for the meme) and lowe alpine sting (bombproof), to an UL golite pack, to budget tactical (ridgeline of nz). None of them have fallen apart on me. The worst I've EVER seen happen is a zip bust on a cheap bag and that was from over stuffing.

You know what works? A bag big enough to put your shit in that doesn't hurt your back. If it ticks those two boxes you're good to go unless, like I said before, theres something specific you're looking for.

Yes it's fun being autistic about your gear and reflecting and assessing every aspect of your knife/shelter/axe/rucksack/longjohns/dildo/whatever but when it comes down to it if you don't know what you want beyond 'cheap and good' you can't expect anything more than a shitty thread to ensure
>>
>>914068

Dude, you do know that QC has gone up a shit ton? Go look at any review done in the last 3 yrs, It's all pretty positive, the only complaints on the bag itself is the bag is heavy, it is made with thick material. You clearly don't know shit, so fuck off retard.

Op don't listen to this fag >>914068. I took the Rush 24 with me on my last deployment, it was outstanding. Would load it up with at least 30-40 pounds, never had issues with the stitching, we would be out on patrol for long periods at a time, a lot of time on foot. The bag would also be tossed into humvees, thrown onto the ground and rocks. Was generally treated like it was Rodney King. Ended up buying the Rush 12, 72 and their push pack (My man purse pretty much) cause I enjoy their products. Would compare them to Maxpedition, or Vanquest, who both make some solid gear too.

I need to rebuy the 24. Ended up gifting mine to a friend who works in IT, he loves the bag too.

Any one who talks shit about 5.11, is pretty much a troll, a person who truly never used their gear, or some one who bought in the time period when some of their shit went bad, they made it all better.
>>
File: IMG_0066.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0066.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
>>914063

OP don't worry about these idiots telling you that 5.11 doesn't make good gear. I have the rush 24 and I have climbed Mt. Katahdin as well as several peaks in the Adirondacks with it and it has survived everything I have thrown at it. It is a really rugged backpack and the MOLLE system means you can rig a whole bunch of other stuff to it, I highly recommend it. Also it comes with a designated pouch for a hydration bladder which was super convenient.

pic related, me wearing the rush 24 in the Adirondacks.
>>
>>914287
I'd take it as a daypack any day, but I'm not sure I'd want anything less than a good internal frame hiking pack for a multi-day trip.
>>
>>914325
This.

No hip belt ffs guys.
>>
>>914287
>>914275
I thought so too, most people on the internet were very positive about it. Guess I'll have to start saving then!
>>
>>914068
Any milsurp store that ships to Singapore/Asia with relatively low shipping ?
>>
>>914712
I guess if at the end of the day it inspires you to go /out/ then buy it. You're not doing anything where your life will depend on the pack, so get whatever makes you excited to go out.
>>
File: 20161219_103724i.jpg (838KB, 1613x1210px) Image search: [Google]
20161219_103724i.jpg
838KB, 1613x1210px
>>914063
I've had my RUSH 24 for about 8 or 9 years now, never had a problem with it. I've posted about it here before and it has been everywhere from the desert in UAE to the jungle in Malaysia, I've even used it as a dive bag.

As a day bag, or for an overnighter it's hard to beat, particularity if you take advantage of the compartmentalisation and internal stowage features. The downside is that you can overload it, which makes it uncomfortable on the shoulders though I'm told the newer version now comes with a wait strap which mine doesn't have as it's ancient.

Don't listen to the haters, the stitching is fine, so are the zips. In all the time I've owned it, the water repellent coating has worn off, and the 1000D nylon the bag is made of has become more supple as opposed to the stiff way it was when it was new but that is it, it's near pristine despite decent use (use but not abuse)

Had it out day before yesterday for a trip in Snowdonia, much fun was had!
>>
File: 88498516.jpg (401KB, 829x874px) Image search: [Google]
88498516.jpg
401KB, 829x874px
>>914063
this is the great /out/ not the tacti/k/ool board..
>>
>>916618
/out/ is all things

tacticool gear to hobo spec. /out/ doesn't care as long as you're not on the sofa rotting your brain with TV
>>
File: savingmybrokenknees.jpg (178KB, 1052x920px) Image search: [Google]
savingmybrokenknees.jpg
178KB, 1052x920px
>>914063
>>914063

army vet here

ucp/acu milsurp causes chafing, take it from dude with a couple hundred miles of ruckmarching w/ 30lbs. plus in texas heat

if you're looking at 5.11 stuff though, this site might interest you in terms of aesthetic and packs w/ huge space

https://grey-shop.ru/Basic/Backpack

its commie shit which hurts my american pride but i cant turn a blind eye to practical and cheap

otherwise i reccommend a kelty 44/50 as i've also used for casual stuff like carrying gallons of vodka and groceries from the commissary across base comfortably
>>
>>914063

Id honestly go for an army rucksack form Sweden just for the aesthetics if price and looks are a concern.

Its a common green color and theres no flare. Just a bag with a frame.
>>
>>916937

Jes. Jes. Give in to the "bargain" Jew just so you can save a few shekels.
>>
File: pack.jpg (34KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
pack.jpg
34KB, 450x450px
I just got a Fieldline from walmart. It appears to be a good pack so far. Wasn't very expensive either.
It accommodates a hydration pack, is MOLLE equipped, is pretty roomy and has a stowaway bow/rifle holder. I put my shotgun in it, shells, gloves, handwarmers, wool socks, headgear, firestarters, knives and whatever else. I like that I can carry my shotgun and everything else on my back, leaving my hands free for decoys and layout blinds or whatever. I don't have to make as many trips as I used to to get all set up.

Seems to be okay, I'm only worried about maybe the zippers fucking up or some shit, being as I got it at Wally's. So far so good though.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.