[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going quail hunting next week, seeking suggestions for good game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: bethedog1.jpg (43KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
bethedog1.jpg
43KB, 1000x666px
Going quail hunting next week, seeking suggestions for good game bird recipes. No real limitations on ingredients, but don't get too crazy. Something I can make in a dutch oven would be nice.
>>
File: image-5.jpg (106KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image-5.jpg
106KB, 640x480px
>>912903
There is tons of old french recipes for slow cooked creamy bean stews with all kinds of game bird and meats. Dutch oven is perfect and you don't need that many ingredients.
Only catch is, you need to cook the beans all day, like keep some embers under or near the pot for 6-8 hours if you use dry beans, much less if you use canned beans.
Results looks something like this.

1 onion
2 sticks celery
2 small carrots
2 tomatoes
chop up, slightly fry in 2 tbs of oilive oil for some minutes, then add

1 1/2 lbs dried white beans, cannellini work best, but all beans will work, Soak them overnight, change the water before you add them to the pot. the beans should be covered in water by at least two fingers water.
Now add spices, but no salt! I like allspice, bay leave, clove, black pepper, thyme and oregano.
Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce heat. like have the pot next to your fire and only a few embers below it. Now slow cock that thing for hours and hours until the beans start to get soft and mushy.

Take your dressed quails, half's likely work best. for extra taste you can crisp the outside over the open fire, then add them to the beans. For extra taste add some bacon, salt pork or coarse pork sausages. Also, add salt for the taste now.

Now cook the meat and the beans for another hour or so, make sure you let enough water evaporate, texture should be a creamy stew, not a watery one.
If you want to do the god of cuisine extra pride, add some breadcrumbs on top during the last half hour and cock with coals on the lid, should give you a delicious crust.

If you use canned beans you should be all set in about 90 minutes, soaked beans take all day.
>>
>>912966
That sounds god-damn tasty. Definitely keeping that one in mind. Thanks duder.
>>
http://honest-food.net/wild-game/pheasant-quail-partridge-chukar-recipes/
>>
>>913484
>http://honest-food.net/wild-game/pheasant-quail-partridge-chukar-recipes/
bookmarking the fuck outta that.
>>
>>912903
my dog's a french pointer.
that's a good dog.
not trained for hunting though, but he instinctively points at shit and goes into stalking mode for hours.
>>
>>912903
This board is slow as molasses. Make sure you come back and update us on how the hunt goes.
>>
>>914038
That I shall. It seems to be 1 part not many people on /out/, 1 part not many people on /out/ that hunt upland birds.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70w-E5CNYnU&t=795s
>>
>>912903
>Something I can make in a dutch oven would be nice.
Dutch-ovens are foul to begin with, no need to add more.
>>
>>914243
Only foul if you don't know what you're doing. What's the matter, can't into Cub Scout level shit?
>>
>>914248
>he doesn't know that 'dutch-oven' is also slang for trapping a person under a blanket and farting
Awfully hostile over a fucking joke, anon.
>>
>>914253
I'm aware of the term. I've just also met people that hated dutch ovens because they didn't know how to maintain them and got shitty meals out of them.
>>
>>914255
10-4 Mr. Buzzkill
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.