[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just moved from southern Colorado to Chicago >lol -5 isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: 1480297244724.jpg (33KB, 720x865px) Image search: [Google]
1480297244724.jpg
33KB, 720x865px
>just moved from southern Colorado to Chicago
>lol -5 isn't cold what are you all on about?
>hits -5
>feels like I'm in the goddamn arctic circle
Besides the general notion of FUCK HUMIDITY I really need a new coat to deal with this shit but I haven't had to buy one in basically ever since I've always had hand me downs from dad and grandpa since I was 15 or so. Any recommendations for ~100 USD or less? I don't stand out in the cold for hours on end, I just need something to deal with 15-45 minutes of being out in the open air at -20 windchill.
>>
>>912709
> ~100 USD or less?

Going to have to find a discount/liquidator for that price range. I'm not sure what that is in the chicago area.

Also your coat probably isnt really the problem. Its lack of layering. You want a tight base layer, fluffy fleece/sweatshirt, and then your overcoat.

Don't forget a hat. If you have a hat you can wear a balaclava. Just dont forget to take off BOTH or NEITHER or you will be potentially mistaken for a terrorist/gas station robber.
>>
>>912709
Get a merino wool baselayer set after you get a good coat. An extra long muffler is also great. I wrap mine around my head and face twice then pull the coat hood over it.

I've had to deal with -40 where it hurts to breath in the air. -5 is good walking weather.
>>
>>912716

I just looked up the literally shitloads of burlington coat factory outlets in the chicago area. You are a lucky bastard.

Go there, you might end up spending more than 100 dollars, but its gonna be under half of anywhere else and loads better than anything your gonna get for 100 bucks anywhere else.
>>
>>912716
>Also your coat probably isnt really the problem.
My coat is a denim jacket with cotton fluff on the inside, you don't need shit for SOCO winters unless you work outside all day. I need something waterproof now because there's actually snow and rain here too.
>>
>>912716
>balaclava

In my state, you must be license to use an AK to wear those and must have an AK on your person.
>>
>>912722
Layer up and get a poncho too. $100 is chicken feed for a good coat.
>>
>>912725

In my state you don't need a license for the ak, but you should probably leave it at home (although you don't have to)

MURICUH FUCK YEAH
>>
>>912732
We have open carry here. You need the license then you can carry it around in any public place. We can ride ATVs without helmets in town too, but we have to have full coverage insurance on the ATV. It is hunting season right now and a common sight is to see people fully armed, bloody, and driving ATVs around wearing balaclavas with AKs. It is pretty warm right now though (-3F.)
>>
>>912718

for the price of a nice merino wool setup you can get several sets of compression pants and shirts.

Not quite as warm, but warm enough. And you don't have to wear the same dirty clothes everyday.
>>
>>912740

What is the rationale for requiring an ak if your wearing a balaclava?

I wont be able to stay up and reply but I will definately check for a reply in the morning.

i don't see why wearing a balaclava would require you to be armed. I am almost certainly missing some cultural information.
>>
>>912725
What the fuck did I just read?
>>
File: big_wooly.jpg (151KB, 384x536px) Image search: [Google]
big_wooly.jpg
151KB, 384x536px
>>912743
>And you don't have to wear the same dirty clothes everyday.

There's this thing called soap. Try using it. You can also have more than one set of clothing. Are you one of those people that doesn't bathe when camping too?
>>
>>912746
>What is the rationale for requiring an ak if your wearing a balaclava?

It is a joke. I've never seen anyone with a balaclava who didn't have some form of AK with them. Ever. It is like school shooters and dusters or something.
>>
File: DSCN3027b.jpg (123KB, 578x735px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3027b.jpg
123KB, 578x735px
>>912725
Here's my setup.
>>
File: Long john silvers away!!!.jpg (23KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
Long john silvers away!!!.jpg
23KB, 240x320px
OP you just need some good long john silvers.
>>
File: FamilyMeals-16pc.png (236KB, 423x280px) Image search: [Google]
FamilyMeals-16pc.png
236KB, 423x280px
>>912772
Well, now I just realized how fucking hungry & poor I am. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>912794
Mmmmm clam strips.
>>
File: 31CjJOFL15L._SY355_.jpg (12KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
31CjJOFL15L._SY355_.jpg
12KB, 355x355px
>>912772
>>912794
>>912801
don't forget the vinegar
>>
>>912794
>>912805
>>912805
Silly geese , pic related are long john silvers or LJSs
>>
File: thumb.jpg (20KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
20KB, 340x340px
>>912709
Welcome to Chicago, you'll get used to it. just wait until january-feb when it's -40 degrees out. it happens every year.

If you want to survive Chicago winters you're gunna need a Carhartt and a proper beanie
>>
>>912709
Kek. That sucks. Enjoy the ridiculous midwest winter where it will be 20F in April and then 90F and super humid a couple days later. Nothing is worse than being downtown in the winter with the wind funneling through the buildings.

Just layer and look for sales on Columbia shit from Dick's or any other big retailer.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.