[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why have all the normies stopped adventuring irl? Why did they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0025.jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0025.jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
Why have all the normies stopped adventuring irl? Why did they give up on this /out/?
>>
>>912330
>Normie's
REEE3EEEEEEEEEÉ
>>
Because it had the longevity of unrefridgerated whole milk
>>
Cause at every opportunity, the developers made the game worse. More grinding, less information, blocking rooted phones, allowing Starbucks ads, etc...

The core game being shy didn't help. If it had elements of classic Pokemon, but also the real-world exploration stuff, it'd be amazing. As it stands, it's a boring glitchy veneer to a Garmin GPS. And atleast the real Garmin GPS would be accurate and have reasonable battery life.
>>
File: that is correct.jpg (67KB, 560x415px) Image search: [Google]
that is correct.jpg
67KB, 560x415px
>"what is a fad?"
>>
>>912330
If you could have leveled up your Pokemon through battling the legions of pidgey ratatta and drowsy instead of having to catch every one so you can evolve 40 pidgeys a day to level yourself and catch stronger pokemon. That's it really, the ability to adventure and train your pokemon team without being set right at the edge of a funnel with the cash shop at the center. Normies wanted a simplified version of the old gameboy games overlaid on a gps.
>>
File: Incorrect.jpg (39KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
Incorrect.jpg
39KB, 600x330px
>>912338

>doot doot doot

Incorrect.

>"what is a gimmick."

"Gimmick" is what we're looking for.

Anon, to you...
>>
>>912632
I'll take over hyped shit for 500.
>>
File: Overhyped for 500.png (18KB, 686x458px) Image search: [Google]
Overhyped for 500.png
18KB, 686x458px
>>912655
>>
>>912689
"We Wuz Kingz?
>>
File: Correct.jpg (5KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
Correct.jpg
5KB, 303x166px
>>912702
>>
>>912330
the weather is no longer sunny, warm, and perfect for loitering
>>
>>912330
>>
>>912330
because it was a fad, and it got cold outside, you faggot. it was only popular for about a week before the overstimulated ADHD millennial retards got bored of it.
>>
>>912330
Its a free app thats why
>>
>>912330
Same as the water bottle flipping bullshit.

Normies follow a certain trend to appear cool, and when it ends, it is forgotten and is left to rot.
>>
File: 1470411271302s.jpg (4KB, 120x124px) Image search: [Google]
1470411271302s.jpg
4KB, 120x124px
>>913954
>>914592

All these edge lords....
You couldn't battle like in real pokemon games, once people realized they weren't going to do anything past tapping for battles, people dropped it.
>>
The game died because the company was unable to keep the players interested. They managed to fuck up a Pokemon game and they still rake in millions of dollars a day.
>>
>>912689
Obama
>>
>>914638
>You couldn't battle like in real pokemon games
Biggest problem right here. Battling is limited to just gyms. If you dont happen to live near a gym, or it's being bogarted by high level players(which they pretty much all were), That means that there is fucking nothing.

Similar problem with pokestops. If you dont live/work near a couple pokestops, you cant even get a reliable source of pokeballs.
>>
>>914715
>Who is....

you had ONE job, anon...
>>
/vp/ here
>>912332
>>912337
>>912594
>>914638
>>914700
>>914801
These guys are correct. Niantic decided to take the shitty, souless route with their game. The worst problems the games had were:
>No direct pvp
Biggest problem right here. Players wanted to catch Pokemon and battle their friends. The gym bullshit is not what players wanted.
>No trading
Not as big as no direct battles, but would've been a big problem in its own right if the game wanted to keep players around.
>Leveling Pokemon is super unrewarding
Why inefficiently level a Pokemon when it's so much more efficient to mercilessly grind your Pokemon into candy to level up the strong one you just caught? Oh wait, you just caught an even stronger Ratatta than the one you started feeding candies to? Looks like all of those candies went to waste. Tough luck, pal!
>Catching Pokemon is a fucking chore
Throwing 20 Pokeballs at a shitmon only because you need to catch it to grind it into candy is not fun. Niantic deliberately messing with the game mechanics so you have to run through Pokeballs constantly is not fun either. >Shitty fucking microtransactions
Of course, Niantic and their Google overlords want to make money, but we all know that it's fucking soulless to make it through microtransactions. I think that they should've made the game Pay to Play. They easily would've made their money back and then some if the game was 5 dollars. If they wanted to squeeze more money out of people, maybe microtransactions for customization options would've been good. I would've paid a couple extra dollars to make my character look the way I wanted. Which brings me to my next point.
>Shit customization options
They're all bland as fuck. I wanted to look like I was on an adventure, not like I was walking around my hometown. I wanted a big backpack with a bedroll peeking above my head, and hiking boots, and a boonie hat. And I wanted different hairstyles and face options. It's not hard to give players that.
cont.
>>
>Developers are shit
Niantic did fuck all to make the game better. They actively made the game worse and then focused all of their efforts to defeating botters. Fuck Niantic, fuck Google. I think the Pokemon Company wanted the game to be fun, but Niantic and Google fucked that all up.

And the trailers looked so promising too...
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.