[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when you're out camping and going from place to place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: dsc01514-1[1].jpg (2MB, 4912x3264px) Image search: [Google]
dsc01514-1[1].jpg
2MB, 4912x3264px
So when you're out camping and going from place to place getting firewood how do you transport it back to camp?
>>
>>911374
Besides, of course, you know your arms.
>>
>>911374
Squaws gather firewood.
>>
>>911397
You camp with someone other than just your dog?
You some kind of management that prefers to order other people to do your work for you and is unable to enjoy the majesty of the woods by yourself?
>>
>>911404
>2016 assuming it sucks itself

Leave me alone woman, I'm digesting.
>>
>>911409
....wut?
>>
sleig with branches, only works if the ground is covered in snow/grass/leaves
>>
>>911451
>sleig

Had to read that three times before I understood what you meant.
>>
>>911441
>wut
How long since you've watched Dustin Hoffman in 'Little Big Man'?

Squaws gather wood, every Brave knows tha.
>>
>>911482
I'm sorry anon.
I try not to watch bad movies.
>>
File: IMG_6763.jpg (55KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6763.jpg
55KB, 680x382px
>>911374
>>
>>911487
>little big man>forest gump
But you run, run!
>>
With my arms, ya know
>>
>>911374
Deer cart. Same thing I use to get my gear to the base camp in the first place.

However, I use rocket stoves now, so a single armload of sticks that lasts for 20-50 meals is easy enough to move without anything else.
>>
>>911510
Little Big Man was good, but since it was made in the '70s it still suffered a bit from the miasma of horribleness that pervaded popular culture at the time. I can see why that would turn people off.
>>
File: 456456.jpg (398KB, 1024x694px) Image search: [Google]
456456.jpg
398KB, 1024x694px
>>911533
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dustin_Hoffman_filmography#Film

Most of the movies he is in are shit. There's like 5 on that list that I'd recommend watching and that's stretching it. LBM isn't one of them.
>>
>>911535
>/cm/ reacts to /ss/ poster.jpg
>>
File: 51MRRqSmZvL.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51MRRqSmZvL.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>911374

Pic related is quite a useful piece of clothing. I'll use that to transport small - medium size logs and branches. With the large shemaghs you can get a pretty decent haul. For larger stuff like small trees or very large logs, I will either carry one at a time or roll them depending on the radius of the log.
>>
>>911541
Do you make a sack or just roll it up like a rope and tie it around the bundle?
>>
like a piece if rope
>>
>>911535
> tootsie better be 1 anon
>>
File: the_graduate.jpg (844KB, 1642x806px) Image search: [Google]
the_graduate.jpg
844KB, 1642x806px
>>911721
The Graduate
Rain Man
Hook
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
Kung Fu Panda

>tootsie

gb2/y/
>>
>>911738
Wow this thread got off track.
>>
File: 1465325516667.jpg (25KB, 480x712px) Image search: [Google]
1465325516667.jpg
25KB, 480x712px
>>911738
>no midnight cowboy
>>
During warmer months I just collect deadfall that's within 20 feet of camp; one branch will burn long enough to cook a trout or heat a cup of tea, and I don't have to expend any energy hauling wood or heavy tools because it breaks fine by hand.

In the colder months I'll usually just fell a dead tree, and set up camp where it lands. I'm not going to trudge through wet snow trying to find dry wood when I have the option to stay by the fire.
>>
>>912061
>In the colder months I'll usually just fell a dead tree, and set up camp where it lands.
>set up camp where it lands.

How has this never fucking occurred to me?
>>
>>912071
Lol. Because we live in a highly structured society where people are shamed for thinking for themselves instead of following the norm.

You've got this.
>>
>>911374
If you're felling a hopefully dead tree, limb it then drag it back to camp in as large sections as you can manage. If you're collecting dead-fall or the limbs you took off the tree I find a nice simple way is to get a few feet of rope and tie one end in a loop or to a carabiner. Lay that out on the ground and put your branches perpendicular across the rope in a loose bundle closer to the side with the loop. When you have as much wood as you feel like carting back grab the long end of the rope, pass it over the bundle of wood and through the loop then in one motion haul it up over your shoulder and walk back to camp. The weight of the wood will keep the rope tight around the bundle as long as you're not readjusting it every two seconds.
>>
>>912097
I forgot to add this typically puts the wood in line with your back which makes it easier to navigate through thicker bush. Probably not a good idea to make them to long. Also fulcrum points, learn to exploit them it makes carrying heavy logs at least 60% easier.
>>
>>912097
Yeah, that reminds me: For anyone who doesn't already know, never cut down a green tree in public lands. First of all, green wood won't burn as well as dead wood. Secondly, it's illegal and unethical. Lastly, there's crazy bastards out there that pride themselves on going unnoticed in the woods and would kick your ass for cutting down a live tree or leaving a fire going when you break camp. I'm one of them.
>>
>>912071
Just make sure to use a dead tree. Dont be a dick.
>>
>>911541
Just GTFO
>>
>>911374
Just find the nearest dead tree and drag it back and process it.
>>
>>911374

>paracord
>tie faggots
>carry faggots back to camp
>burn faggots
>>
>>912663
>10/10 proper use of the word
>>
>>911541
>2016
>Buying a meme sheet
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.