[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>work at gear store >every other customer asks for our

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13

File: thelightinside.jpg (66KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
thelightinside.jpg
66KB, 600x800px
>work at gear store
>every other customer asks for our warmest jacket
>mfw

Any other /out/ related retail slaves here?
>>
>>908739
do they even have any reasoning for it or just "muh warmth"
>>
File: AP373040472755-620x620.jpg (63KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
AP373040472755-620x620.jpg
63KB, 620x620px
>work at a plumbing store
>every other customer asks for 3/8" PEX press polymer elbow
>mfw
>>
File: CanadaGoose.jpg (122KB, 900x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CanadaGoose.jpg
122KB, 900x1080px
>>908739
<3
>>
>>908739
What is your warmest jacket, anyway?

Legit curious.
>>
>>908739
ya work at backcountry currently and formerly REI.

Either that question or someone who is hellbent on getting TNF or patagonia (sometimes canada goose) just for some ridiculous perceived status symbol and even when you make them realize what they're looking for is literally not TNF they still insist on getting a shitty thermoball jacket or something.
>>
>work
I wish I had one.
>>
>>908799
Nah it's overrated
>>
File: thatfuckingcat.jpg (39KB, 600x524px) Image search: [Google]
thatfuckingcat.jpg
39KB, 600x524px
[spoiler] it doesnt matter how warm the jacket is if its your hands and face thats cold [/spoiler]
>>
>>908805
Yeah but you gotta make money somehow.
>>
>>908759

People here start wearing big ass Canada Goose jackets when it's 5 degrees celsius.
>>
>>908820
Sell drugs

All the dindus manage to get by without working.
>>
>>908823
No thanks. I wasn't educated with the criminal mindset as a part of it.
>>
>>908823
I sold drugs in Florida once. I use to shroom pick. Until someone died from the shrooms I picked. Still don't know if they died because of underlying conditions or I grabbed the wrong little brown mushroom ( mycology guys will get it)
>>
>>908845
Were you picking Liberty Caps? Do they have deadly similar-looking cousins?
>>
what's wrong with wanting the warmest jacket?
>>
>>908886
Superlatives
>>
>>908770
Northface McMurdo Parka.
>>908759
The moment I show them a serious coat they whine about the price and then wander the Columbia coats.
>>
>>908739
Nope but work as a van driver

>every customer after 6pm asked me if "that's me done now"

(no mother fuck but thanks for reminding me I'm working till 11pm)

>every customer has to comment on the weather

(yes I fucking know it's cold/wet /whatever I've been out in it All day)

Still better than retail
>>
>>908922
On the bright side, I get to help cute girls buy flannels for their fathers. Warms my heart.
>>
>>908759
I get one of these free every year for work muhahahahahahaha
>>
File: 1394821216236.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1394821216236.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
just started working at MEC on night stock, it's alright. Not having to interact with customers is mostly a plus, although being a massive introvert I'm horrible at interacting in normal ways and nice customers were the only positive socializing I ever really get. It's a lot better than the grocery store I used to work at, but at the end of the day my life is still in the shitter and not getting better anytime soon I'm really just spinning my wheels until I get around to killing myself

>>908759
lmao at all the asians around here, literally every single one has a goose and they all start wearing them as soon as it goes below 10c while I'm still in just a long-sleeve shirt like they've never had to deal with anything actually crushingly terrible in their lives
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>908922
Kek I start early so a lot of customers will be like "You have a lot more stops?" at like 1:30 and I tell them "Hell No". Unless they are dragging ass and I just lie and say I have a bunch more.
>>
I work night stock in a grocery store, already they are trying to get me to be a manager since they quit all the time.
>>
>>908739
Used to.
The most annoying thing was when you spent an entire hour with a customer helping them pick shit out for them to go "I'm just going to go to *Insert competitor here* as they're cheaper".
>>
>>909126
I don't get that often. My most annoying customers are the ones where I have to spend 20 minutes ferreting out the details for their dumbass stupid simple question (what's your warmest gloves?) and then they wince at the price tag of what they're describing and buy some cheap shit that doesn't meet their needs at all.
>>
File: micro.jpg (14KB, 355x250px) Image search: [Google]
micro.jpg
14KB, 355x250px
>>909131
Lucky you, when I was working there was about 3 other competitors nearby who were all cheaper but had less qualified staff, so they all came to us for advice and them for the actual goods.
Had those customers as well though, although I think the worst one was a couple of girls who had no idea how to even use a compass let alone read a map and wanted to go /out/ to the biggest mountains they could find going "It's just a back up, all the mountains have tracks on them"
Pick related - The compass they wanted.
>>
File: untitle.gif (235KB, 600x588px) Image search: [Google]
untitle.gif
235KB, 600x588px
>>908948
you will now never unsee.
>>
>>909161
Haha, sweet justice.

I had some old guy buying AT gear. One of our guys had convinced the poor bastard he'd need 40' of cordage. I bet he ditched that shit first week.
>>
>>909172
Here is a tip I wish someone told me when I was a teenager as well here in 4chan.

Don't post. People know you're a kid immediately. You think you have something to say? Well you don't. People will know your real age 99% of the time.
>>
I wear a down coat in >freezing because I hate layering
>>
>>908758
Kek, here's a (you)
>>
>>908918
So your products range from cheap ass Columbia to slightly less cheap ass Northface? Where the fuck do you work, Macys?
>>
>>908928
Can i have one of your old ones?
>>
>>908775
Backcountry is my favorite outdoors company senpai

Literally buy everything from them
>>
>>909283
Warmest=/=nicest
We have much nicer coats than the TNF but none warmer. We do more ski jackets and triclimates than parkas.
>>
>get paid to help customers with their shopping needs
>complain when they ask you legitimate questions pertaining to your specialit

waaaaa you lot sound like a cackle of faggots. Let's be clear, you are glorified shelf stackers. Customers are allowed you ask you whatever they want, you are paid to answer, and they do not need to listen to you or take your advice.
>>
>>908739
>asks for our warmest jacket

I never understood this. I've spent so many -10F days outside in my light carhartt coat and been sweating my ass off because I had three shirts a pair of shorts, and flannel pajama pants under my overalls. Do people not actually know how to dress warmly cheaply?
>>
>>908739
Sounds like a good opportunity to rake in some commission

Sell a bunch of $1000 arctic expedition jackets to plebs just looking to not freeze while walking to and from their car
>>
>>908928

>it comes out of his paycheck
>'free'
>>
>>908948
That looks a lot like my old t600 interior.
>>
>>910733

>he doesn't have a clothing allowance separate from his pay
>>
>>910775
>He believes that just because some paper says so it really works like that.
Anon..
>>
>>908739
I know that retail feel
kind of like everyone always asking for the fastest computer.
>>
>>908739
>>910729
I doubt OP makes commission. Do any major retail stores even pay commission?
>>
File: tfw.gif (13KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.gif
13KB, 633x758px
>wagecuck full time at a store selling general camping supplies
>have a large centre of store display with several fully folded tents
>working in the area surrounding the tents today, where the tents that aren't display pieces are stocked
>notice a really, really pretty girl walking around looking at the tents
>seems curious like she needs something
>approach and ask if she needs help
>she giggles and tells me she is going camping with her boyfriend and needs a sturdy two person tent
>start showing her tents
>take her to a display tent that is perfect for her
>it is very expensive
>she asks if it is worth the price
>want to make the sale but also want to make her laugh so she might invite me camping
>'y-y-eah haha this tent won't attract bears'
>she laughs for some reason
>decide to make another joke
>'But masturbation will attract bears so you better not tell me where you are camping'
>implied I would masturbate to her overnight whilst she camps
>she gets appallaed and says she will search other stores

fucking retail
>>
>>913266
if this story is real I hope you never breed because you are lacking some serious brain capacity not even the most ironic of trolls can mimic.
>>
>>913247
Idk if Galyan's was nationwide, but year back I had one near me and it was bought out by Dick's when they started getting big. They were a little more upscale so more like REI. Their salesmen made commission and I would go in there for fishing lures and stuff just picking everything myself and before I could make it to the cashier I would always have a few associates try and put these stickers on the product than let the cashier knew who to give the commission to.
>>
>>913266
I don't think normies heard about the period blood and bear meme.

You should get out of the house more and talk to some people who don't spend their entire day on 4chan. But not girls. Definitely don't talk to any more random girls you meet.
>>
>>913266
The fuck
>>
>>913266

Including me in the screencap would bring great joy to my heart.
>>
>>908922
>>908948
stay on your containment board
>>
>>909283
TNF McMurdo is pretty warm desu. I used to have one. Ultimately got rid of it because the fit was shit and frankly was warmer than I needed for more than 5 days a year. I live in Canada, obviously.
>>
>>910661
People don't know how to dress at all, be it cheap or expensive.

This is why people whine so much about cold weather.
>>
File: hanekawa, young.jpg (475KB, 1528x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hanekawa, young.jpg
475KB, 1528x1080px
>tfw no longer working with customers at all
>>
>>910661
They don't and when I try to suggest layering solutions I completely lose them. They just don't understand that most people don't need some huge coat that's good for three months out of the year and can instead be comfortable in two or three mid/outer layers that they can get eight months of use out of.
>>
File: 1471651235075.jpg (138KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471651235075.jpg
138KB, 720x720px
>>908956
I'm thinking of doing something like this on top of my day job since I just come home every night and drink myself to sleep.

Figure it'd be a win-win. I don't buy the liquid Jew, I'm healthier, and my mortgage gets paid down quicker.
>>
File: 1453752118018.jpg (373KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1453752118018.jpg
373KB, 1024x768px
>>909131
Tell them they're too hot to handle and ask what their price range is.
>>
>>913279
Masterbation, not menstruation you dumbass. Learn to English.

>>913266
Sickfuck creeper, I would have you fired.
>>
>>914607
>mfw out-of-staters spend a winter here in the northlands
>north face parkas and t-shirts errywhere
Hell, the other night I saw a chick wearing a fuck huge parkas and a miniskirt. Bitching about the cold no less.

I get by with just an acrylic union suit, wool flannel shirt and hoodie, and am perfectly warm down to about -15F. As long as I don't stop moving I'm toasty warm.

Of course, wind chill will throw that right out the window, but I'm far enough into the trees that there's never a wind. Unless I'm standing out in the middle of a lake ice fishing.
The one thing I don't miss about Southern MN; the wind.
>>
>>913266
that hurt to read
>>
>>914742
>masturbation
And what the fuck does that have to do with bears? I'm on /out/ all the time and I don't even know that meme. What the fuck is a random girl going to think when some turboautist tries to make a joke like that?
>>
File: never-change-out.png (22KB, 1326x572px) Image search: [Google]
never-change-out.png
22KB, 1326x572px
>>913266
>>
>>914773
TOPKEK
>>
>>914773
Great, now I need a bear canister for my ejaculate!

/out/is costing me.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.