[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys keep your beer from freezing in the wintertime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

How do you guys keep your beer from freezing in the wintertime? I'm going car camping with a buddy, and I'm at a loss as to what to do.

In the summer, I'd pack a cooler to keep it at the optimal temperature. Do they sell heated coolers? Do I heat my beer up on the fire before consumption? What the fuck do I do, /out/?
>>
>>907096
Build a pit of rocks and keep it in a stream or lake
>>
>>907103
Does that work to keep it liquid when it's below freezing? I've heard of doing that in the summer to keep it cool, but I guess it might work in the winter if the water hasn't frozen.
>>
>>907104
I've never done it, but logic would seem to indicate that since the beer isn't moving in the bottle, it would freeze if the surrounding water is below 0 C
>>
>>907106
Yeah, that's what I figure too.
>>
>>907104
It would almost certainly work unless you're going to northern alaska or somewhere like that. Just make sure you build the pit higher than it needs to be otherwise you'll be out beer
>>
>>907110
I swear you're pulling my leg, but I'll give it a try. I feel really confident it'll just freeze the stationary liquid inside the bottles.

Anybody have suggestions that seem like they'll actually work?

Worst comes to worst, I guess I'll bring backup vodka.
>>
>>907127
Put bottles in wool socks
>>
File: 20150605_213554.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150605_213554.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>907127
If you're going car camping you could just keep the beer in the car and heat it up with the heater if you find that it's getting really damn cold.

Or you could keep the beer close to the fire(not too close to possibly melt the can or expand the glass). Unless you're keeping the beer in a snowbank in minus 20 Celsius over night it shouldn't get to the point of completely freezing. Because of the additives in beer it has a slightly lower freezing point than water.

Another idea is to boil up some water and put your beer in the boiled water if you're worried they might be frozen.
>>
File: 20151227_152430.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151227_152430.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>907137
When i say put your beer in the boiling water i mean the can, not the beer itself. what a waste that would be!
>>
>>907096
Oxy-acetaline torch with a cutting tip. It wont freeze.
>>
>>907137
>>907139
Do you have an infinite number of oc photos of beer cans being held in your left hand at the same angle?

And yah, those options seem like they should work! Thanks
>>
>>907096
>How do you guys keep your beer from freezing in the wintertime?
Not a big deal. I brew it in the basement which is constantly coolish year round, and store it there or in the fridge. If I do put some out in the snow or in the freezer to chill quickly I try to remember to bring it back in on time.

>I'm going car camping with a buddy, and I'm at a loss as to what to do.
Bring whiskey instead.
>>
Put your beer on the ground of a nearby lake or sth.
Guaranteed 4°C
>>
Three options
1. Put beer in cooler with those chemical foot and hand warmers
2. Cuddle with beer
3. Drink it before it freezes
>>
>What the fuck do I do, /out/?

bring real alcohol >>895698
>>
>>907127
>bottles
Obvious amateur.

>not whisky
Obvious amateur.
>>
You can always tell when the Australians wake up and go onto 4chan.
>>
Just bring weed instead.
>>
>>907096
Drink an alcohol so strong it will stay liquid at low temperature.
>>
Just bury your aluminium keg of ale or beer after wrapping it in styrofoam.
>>
Hey retard. You already answered your own question.

You know that "cooler" you have that keeps something cold when its hot?

What if... you put the drinks in said cooler without ice in there. The INSULATING properties of the cooler will keep the temperature on the inside from becoming the temperature on the outside for a long time.

Or you could both sleep in the car at night and to heat the car, plumb a hose from the tailpipe into the car and let it idle while you sleep.

Holy fuckin' shit this world needs another mass extinction.
>>
File: 20160815_144834.jpg (596KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160815_144834.jpg
596KB, 1440x1080px
>>907160
I stole the idea from mook life. I have about 200 oc of this style of flicks, most of them are poorly focused..
>>907603
This guy, although incredibly synical and a bit of a douche, has some good insight on bringing a cooler.
>>
>>907096
>do
>do
>wtf do I do

How retarded do you have to be to fail drinking beer?
>>
>>907096
by drinking single malt scotch
>>
>>907691
These pictures are bretty gud. I envy you. There are few things better than having a great view and a good beer. Favorite beer/trip? Any ones pairings planned?
>>
>>907127
beer freezes at -7°C, a river or stream even if below 0°C wont be that cold.

Why not keep it in the car if you are car camping?

If available also this
>>907177
>>
>>907603
This guy is an idiot. Coolers keep beer cool. We are trying to keep the beer from freezing. What you need is a warmer.
>>
Keep it in a cooler in the car. Should be good for days even if it's extremely cold.
>>
Keep it in the inside pocket of your coat. Or, bring a nice imperial stout or some other <10% alcohol beer, that won't freeze as easily. Cooler +hand warmer might work too.
>>
How slow do you drink that this is a problem?
Also coolers m8, wrap em in an extra sleeping bag or blankets if it's that cold.
>>
>>907096
How cold is it actually going to be? Beer doesn't freeze when water does. Also just leave it in a cooler without ice in the trunk...it should take a near week to freeze like that even if it's in the single digits outside if you have a decent cooler. Clean the cooler first...worst case it freezes and blows bottles then you heat the car and poor from the cooler drain.

Seriously though for this to be a problem it would need to be so cold starting your car to get home would be a concern.
>>
>>908003
>in a cooler
No, that will make it colder!

Just ask this anon >>907978
>>
>>908004
you're such a shitposter, pepsi. Worse than that coke lesbian.
>>
>>907691
>steamworks
nice. where is that pic? hopefully not durango..
>>
>>907691
>>908026
Yeah that place is beautiful. Where is it and what time of year did was that?
>>
>>907096
I have experienced winter beer freeze it sucks bring liquor it won't freeze.
If you do bring beer just leave it next to your fire hope for the best. Have fun camping anon!
>>
>anti-freeze
>>
File: 20140913_174750.jpg (731KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20140913_174750.jpg
731KB, 2048x1152px
>>907936
Favorite trip was up an old mining road with sheer cliffs on the side of the road. I was a passenger so i just drank and checked out all the cool sights. There was also a trip up Joffre lakes in british columbia that was damn near perfect. Weather was amazing and there was hardly any one up there which is rare these days.
>>908041
>>908026
Pic is at Lindeman lake near Chilliwack British Columbia. It's a pretty easy hike from Chilliwack lake. I did this in early September.
>>
Buy stronger beer, pussy.
>>
>>907106
the water wouldn't be below 0, it would freeze! wtf

just put it deep in the water
water is densest at 4C so the colder water goes on top to freeze
>>
>>909090
It wouldn't freeze if the water was flowing you moron.
>>
File: 1471236364537.jpg (130KB, 699x593px) Image search: [Google]
1471236364537.jpg
130KB, 699x593px
Hey op....is your picture from the Oregon coast?
>>
Dig a hole in the ground, roughly 30" down. Put the beer in there, cover it with a bunch of blankets. This will keep the beer from freezing because it's being stored below the frost line.

>>907103
This will not work. Stream water resists freezing because it is always in motion, meaning that the water can be below freezing temperature and still be liquid. The beer would still freeze even if the water around it isn't technically frozen.
>>
>>909093
I'd guess Washington
OP car has trip7s
This is a sign this weekend I get drunk in the snow
>>
>>909228
Praise kek
>>
>>907096
Srs question, why bring beer in the winter? Why not minimize space and freezing worries and bring a bottle of booze?
>>
>>909245
Probably because he's a pussy
>>
>>907096
Drink it.
>>
File: 1452543994848.png (174KB, 3685x4058px) Image search: [Google]
1452543994848.png
174KB, 3685x4058px
Seriously, just put the beer in a cooler.

Leave it in there room temp. The cooler should help it stay regulated enough so that it doesn't freeze.

If it's really cold, just take a few beers out before you drink them, let them sit in the cold air, and it will cool them down.

Or as other anon said, bring liquor.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.