[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else feel the urge to just leave behind your life and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Anybody else feel the urge to just leave behind your life and start road tripping through the country? Just go from town to town sleeping in your car and working odd jobs whenever you need cash. Sounds like such a nice life.

Anybody here ever done something like this? How long did you do it for and what was it like? What was is like settling down again after doing it?
>>
Pretty sure almost every single person wants to just get up and go on a journey you special snowflake princess. Also it's not 1940. You can't just go to towns doing "odd jobs." You need to save up for all your expenses you will need.
>>
>odd jobs
It's not 1930. No one is going to hire you on the spot for a day/week doing anything. If it was that easy, everyone would have work.
>>
>Craigslist>gigs>labor
>Craigslist>jobs>etc
>>
>>906468
>>906469
You blokes must be Americans, right?
>>
there are seasonal jobs to be had. google adventurevanman
>>
>>906469
>snow
>shovel

>leaves
>rake

>grass
>mow

If you spent an hour soliciting a neighborhood in a random town I bet you'd get at least a few jobs which can be enough to fill up and get some food. I think not looking like a vagrant also helps in this department. On top of that you can always resort to jugging and flipping if things get tough.
>>
Also temp staffing is a thing, and a lot of companies have offices in multiple cities so once you're in their system you can get work anywhere they have an office.
>>
>>906466
Travle via backpage
Interesting concept
>>
I think that pretty much everyone in one way or another suffers from wanderlust.

Go for it anon, the world is your oyster.
>>
Kek this fuckin thread. Go learn from our resident rubber tramp over in homeless general.
>>
>>906466
I too have this desire. But you should definitely have money saved up for it. Based on references people have been naming ITT, it looks like supporting yourself with "odd jobs" may not be a fantasy if you are resourceful. Good to know.
>>
>>906962
There's always sex to be had. Maybe op can fuck some cougars in exchange of a fair amount.
>>
>>906466
Hi Joe.
>>
>>906513
Why? Is it different in euro?
>>
>>908032
Smaller countries, different languages, different laws
Where as road tripping in the states is simple
>>
>>908032
maybe he's australian, I know some backpackers and such take jobs at farms, ranches and so on to fund their time in Australia

here in western yurop at least I suspect beaurocracy would be an obstacle, and we already have lots of slavs doing hard work for low pay
>>
I road tripped Canada working gigs off craigslist and earned maybe 100/week
>>
Not travel far away but I often feel the incessant need to give up my job and spend a year or two cataloging all nearby /out/ destinations in my state. Waiting and planning to be at all these places are just the right moment under just the right weather to get just the right photos.

Then I would put them all on some kind of website that has a really nice UI that's easy to navigate so that people could browse through and find neat places to go.

Maybe when I get old and retire though.
>>
>>906805
Came here to say this
>>
>>908051
On yeah I'm sure it is fun to go through the outback in Australia! Oh look what's this!? It's just fucking sand! Oh my look gum trees!! Omg amazing a kangaroo! Kys
>>
>>909039
Who said outback?
Stay fat bro
>>
>>906466
I just started working on my planning. Got a new job this week and soon will start stocking everything I might need.

My plans is to save money for mid trip emergencies and always keep some spare/extra gas/water/rations and whatnot. My idea was to park in some interesting places and explore the area, while also doing a little camping. Will probably invite a buddy also.

So yeah, I'm taking any tips you guys can throw me, and good luck with your plannings, OP.
>>
>>906466
I did it in Portland, Oregon for a few months. It was cool. I went to temp agencies and told them I have warehouse experience and I wasn't afraid to work hard. Had a job the next day.

You won't always get good sleep, and it helps to have money in the bank for when stuff comes up, but it's not as hard or scary as you'd think. Make sure to bathe and groom yourself and people won't even suspect you're a filthy poor person.
>>
Pretty much doing that now. I realize I had no debt and no partner keeping me in my country, and took a shitload of shifts at work.

On my 3rd month of continuously working, I'll leave in January on my trip beginning with a year in Japan.
>>
File: golden boy.gif (320KB, 439x293px) Image search: [Google]
golden boy.gif
320KB, 439x293px
>>913054
Godspeed Anon, live the dream
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.