[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going camping for the first time on Friday, what should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0950.jpg (618KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0950.jpg
618KB, 1024x683px
I'm going camping for the first time on Friday, what should I expect?

Details:
>driving and hiking to location on Friday, coming back Sunday
>me and 3 other guys
>in North Carolina at Eno River (pic related)
>don't know what to pack
>will be swimming

I'm a bit of a shut in and have very little experience /out/ so I'm honestly pretty nervous
>>
1. How experienced are they?
2. Weather expectations?
3. How far from a trail?
>>
>>906424
Too cold to swim. You have to pay to camp at the primitive sites about a mile from the parking lot. You can't camp anywhere apart from the marked sites.

It's a nice area albeit limited. You should be able to hike all the trails in 2 days with ease.
>>
>>906443
1. None of go out much but all of them have been camping at least once
2. It's not supposed to rain (43 - 45 F)
3. Pretty close since we're walking up a trail to get to where we are setting up
>>
bring a spoop detector so you dont get spooped by all the sp-p-p-oopines innawoods
>>
>>906540
I've packed to half mile walk-ins with two steam crossings. So maybe check on that.
Expect to be bored. You aren't in good enough shape to hike 10 hours a day so you'll just be sitting around camp, bring a book or something.
What tips do you want to hear? If you guys are completely inexperienced what gear do you have?
>>
>>906424
>don't know what to pack
>>906540
>not supposed to rain (43 - 45 F)
Long sleeve synthetic base layer, tee shirt, sweatshirt, hoodie, socks x6 pr, choice of pants. Not gonna need swim gear with temps in the low-to-mid 40s, unless hypothermia is your thing. Consult with the others regarding foodstuffs and methods of cooking (every man for himself, pitch-in camp meals, fish and forage? Camp stove, campfire?), and if you're responsible for your own appetite pack accordingly. Water and water purification. Shelter (tent/hammock/tarp). Sleebin bag. Sleeping mat if applicable. Smokes/drink/caffeine if you're dependent, otherwise you'll be a dick and ruin everyone's good time. Poncho in case of weather. Choice of footwear, something already broken in. Choice of entertainment (dice, book, cards) to stave off boredom if it rears its ugly head. Knife because they're useful. Cordage because also useful (you never know, you may want to build a bridge or tower or something). Holy bukkake, anon, use your imagination.
>>
>>906550
We agreed that we're not actually swimming and will just hike and make a camp fire. Also, do I really need a knife because I don't own any currently? If so I could go out and get one but I really know if I need it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.