[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to grow avocados from seed. I'm germinating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 20161204_142543.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161204_142543.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
I'm trying to grow avocados from seed. I'm germinating this seed/pit using the traditional method but there's this white fuzzy stuff growing off the bottom half that's submerged in water. Im guessing my dumbass didnt clean off the pit well enough before putting it in water and now theres mold growing off it.
Does anyone know whats happening here? Is it mold or just part of the germination process? If its mold, should i remove the pit from the water and clean the mold off, or just leave it alone and it will be ok?
Thanks.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-05-03-34-39.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-05-03-34-39.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Heh
>>
Hello anon, take the pit out clean it with some water, clean the cup you have it in and put fresh water in. Goodluck hope to see a little tree in a few months.
>>
>>906180
I knew a guy who tried to grow an avocado out of a pint of beer once.
Saw him a few months later, it had fully developed.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-05-03-34-33.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-05-03-34-33.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Looks like it's just the same but more concentrated
>>
That's mold and/or bacteria sludge. It's not part of the avocado.

Scrub the pit. Keep an eye on it, do water changes. There are chemicals that can help with it, but it's not required.

Also, if that top pic is how deep the pit is in the water, it could afford to be deeper.
>>
>>906180
It's been said but just refresh the water constantly, that's probably just a little slime. No biggie. I did this on my counter and I have a 6 foot tree.
When there's a solid root structure poking out drop it about halfway into some soil in a pot so the top of the pit is exposed.
>>
>>906180
that is mold. clean the seed.

4toothpicks, a cup of water and a window sill. plant that fucker in april. avacadoes are the fruit of the gods.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I just put mine in a pot with rich soil and kept it moist. It's 1.5 years old. Need to move it to a bigger pot in the spring.
>>
>>906180
it's mold. To get avocados to sprout every time you have to peel the skin off the pit, then put it pointy end down in water. I can get them to sprout every time doing this.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.