[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. your country/state 2. /out/ of 10 3. best thing about being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 31

File: DSCF0619.jpg (3MB, 4608x3440px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0619.jpg
3MB, 4608x3440px
1. your country/state
2. /out/ of 10
3. best thing about being /out/ in your country/state
4. worst thing about being /out/ in your country/state
>>
>>906059
>1. your country/state
Since Sweden is so big I'm gonna go with my province Uppland
>2. /out/ of 10
Solid 6/10
>3. best thing about being /out/ in your country/state
Definitely access to the archipelago. It is absolutely beautiful and opens up a lot of options to have a good time /out/. Expensive tho since you basically need a boat. I guess renting a kayak is the cheapest way to go into the archipelago. Therefore it's mainly populated by rich people.
>4. worst thing about being /out/ in your country/state
It's painfully flat and land is covered by either farms or woods that all look the same.
>>
File: Hocking-Hills-Cabins-1.jpg (192KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Hocking-Hills-Cabins-1.jpg
192KB, 640x640px
>>906059
1. Ohio
2. 5/10
3. Hocking Hills or generally anywhere in the south or west
4. Literally anything in the north or east. It's terrifyingly flat and all farmland
>>
>>906059
1. New York
2. 6/10
3. Mid tier landscapes, trails aren't too crowded.
4. Mid tier landscapes.
>>
>>906059

1. Utah
2. 11/10
3. It's pretty
4. Snowboarding cunts trying their hardest to ruin Alta
4.I. Seriously fuck off. Maybe rub some Aloe vera on top of some shit slope you all frequent to help with the butthurt, god knows you're only going to sit up there and not actually do anything.
>>
>>906059
>Delaware
>3/10
>decent coastal areas/wetlands
>it's close to states that are good for being /out/
>>
>>906059
US/MN
8/10
The snow
The mosquitos
>>
British Columbia
Diverse forests
Frequent large bears
>>
>>906059
>country
South west Germany

>/out/ of 10
7/10

>best thing about /out/
The black forest is the best piece of nature Germany can offer. Lots of nice
views, old trees and historical buildings.
No really if you want to visit Germany and are an /out/ guy, go there.

> worst thing about /out/
You basically are not allowed to stay overnight in the nature. But if you dont behave like an asshole there is no problem most times even if someone spots you.
Also the super old/strong skinwalkers I guess. You won't encounter many of them but when you do you just fucking have to run. They are nothing like the young ones that you can find basically everywhere.
>>
1. Southwestern Colorado
2. 10/10
3. I'm right next to the outlet of the Colorado Trail and about six different national parks. It's nice.
4. Too many people sometimes. Other than that everything is pretty awesome here. Looking forward to doing some cross-country skiing once it snows more.
>>
>1. your country/state

Virginia, USA

>2. /out/ of 10

7/10

You basically have everything. The AT. Tons of campgrounds. Tons of public land. Big rivers, plus saltwater. Good hunting. Lax gun laws.

The people. In the south/southwest you have the most retarded inbred looking people that start smoking or dipping tobacco before they hit puberty. In the north, you got a ton of Muslims and wanna be rich white people. 6/10 girls think they are 10/10 hot shots. Richmond and east to the ocean is full of niggers, spics, liberal cucks and tourists.
>>
>>906076
>Sweden
>Big

We have states bigger than you boy
>>
File: SA.jpg (256KB, 700x469px) Image search: [Google]
SA.jpg
256KB, 700x469px
>>906059
1. Australia, South Australia
2. 7/10
3. Not having to deal with so many tourists in some places, can camp by the river in some parts and not see a single other person for days
4. Hot as fuck, where I am at least it's just saltbush and desert and summers make me want to kill myself at points.
>>
File: gacolor.gif (89KB, 643x703px) Image search: [Google]
gacolor.gif
89KB, 643x703px
>>906059
>State
Georgia
>rate
6/10
>best /out/
comfy AF blue ridge mountains to the north, beautiful marshland and driftwood beaches on the coast. lax gun laws, tons of public land, start of the AT, tons of lakes, just about all 4 seasons around here.
>worst
in the middle of the state its dull as fuck. but still plenty of forest to get lost in i guess.
>>
1. Minnesota
2. 8/10
3. the North
4. There's some stuff in the southern part but its mostly farmland
>>
>>906500
Point remains: it's a whole other /out/ deal to live in the south than in the north for instance
>>
>Mississippi
>6/10
only good for hunting and fishing I would say
Landscapes are meh, maybe I'm just biased because I've lived here forever so it gets boring. I like big rocks and hills and mountains. Not any of that round these parts. No hiking worth a shit
>>
>>906500
Texas and Alaska, yes.
>>
>>906384
Exactly this.
>>
1. Iowa
2. 1/10
3. Basically nothing.
3. Basically everything.
>>
>>906059
1. your country/state
Portugal
2. /out/ of 10
5/10
3. best thing about being /out/ in your country/state
Nice beaches and great weather
4. worst thing about being /out/ in your country/state
It's so fucking small, not even 100k km2 so you can't be alone or far from some road. Also wild campaign is not allowed.
>>
>>906059
1. Arizona

2. 8/10

3. Muh Mountains, Muh Sunsets. Some folks think it's all flat desert but there is tons of really 10/10 locales, and lots of diversity at that.

4. Worst thing is probably that most of the jobs are in places like Phoenix, so it can be a bit of a trip to get to the nice areas if you aren't fortunate enough to be able to make a living closer to the mountains. Also I hate the heat, so I'm trying to avoid living in Phoenix.
>>
>>906059

1. USA/UT

2. I don't really know what this metric is, but Utah is beautiful and has iconic scenery. However, it doesn't remind me of something I could consider the apex /out/ territory. You'll see things in Utah that will take your breath away, but you can find these places scattered all around the world.

3. There are slot canyons, national parks, and deserts that almost feel surreal, because of how alien they are from usual expectation of /out/. The canyons of Zion feel like a playhouse of rocks. With little pockets that are so tranquil and beautiful that it almost feels like you're the only person that's ever been there. It's not just Zion that I get this feeling from. There are secret local spots peppered all around Utah, as well.

4. The parks are getting incredibly crowded. It's a good thing that more and more people are going /out/, but it might be detrimental to the health and upkeep of smaller parks and forests.
>>
1. Hidalgo/Mx
2. 6/10
3. It has a variety of ecosistems, to semiarid deserts, to pine forests and swamps
4. A lot of water pollution and human presence everywere
>>
Australia/Victoria

8/10

Geographically diverse. Large mountain ranges with some getting decent snowfall during the winter. Incredible surf beaches and rugged coast line. Rain forests. Scattered bays and inlets. Large protected marine parks. Miles and miles of outback and national forrests. Hot dry weather during summer and cold to mild over winter depending on location. Wildlife everywhere. Decent hunting, plenty of rabbits, pigs and deer. Great salt water fishing right from the west coast to port phillip bay to right up the east coast. Great fresh water fishing in the mighty murray river, many crater lakes and mountain rivers and streams.

Over regulated. Pros and cons I guess.
>>
>>906059
1. The Netherlands
2. 2 /out/ of 10
3. Heath
4. Everything is flat and anything outside of the few small national parks is either urbanized or farmland. Camping is illegal unless it's on a designated camping area with a fuckton of caravans and densely packed with people. Carrying knives over 23cm (including the handle) is illegal.
>>
>>906059
>1. your country/state
Norway, Hordaland
>2. /out/ of 10
A solid 7/10
Mountains and forest EVERYWHERE, with the right to roam built into our constitution. Also, pretty much every lake is drinking water so you you don't need to worry too much about it.
The tourists, at times. They're good company but some of them are not prepared at all. Last month I had to guide an American guy and two Philippine girls through fog and night because they got lost on a mountain, trudging through marsh in flat fucking shoes. The girls spoke with thick, American accents.
>OH MY GOD! I'M GONNA DIE. ON A MOUNTAIN.
I wish I could say that level of annoying was a rare occurrence.
>>
>>907119
>There are slot canyons, national parks, and deserts that almost feel surreal, because of how alien they are from usual expectation of /out/. The canyons of Zion feel like a playhouse of rocks. With little pockets that are so tranquil and beautiful that it almost feels like you're the only person that's ever been there. It's not just Zion that I get this feeling from. There are secret local spots peppered all around Utah, as well.
European here, been reading a lot about Zion lately. Been thinking of visiting this summer, purely for /out/. Any advice?
>>
>>906059
Kansas
1.5/10
The Flint Hills
Everything else
>>
Turkey(izmir)

4/20 XD

not so detached but uncrowded forests that you cant get lost with hills that have great view

its either freezing cold or burning hot and either ridden with people or no mans land
>>
>>907119
I'm heading out to Zion for MLK Day. Do you know how easy it will be to hammock camp?
>>
>>907237
Holy fuck... Moving to Belgistan in 2 months. I hope their laws aren't that fucking stupid
>>
>>907273
accurate
>>
File: tx-regions.png (11KB, 564x545px) Image search: [Google]
tx-regions.png
11KB, 564x545px
1. Texas
2. 7 /out/ of 10
3. Piney Woods
4. Private Land
>>
1. Montana, USA
2. 5/10
3. Easy to get away from people, not too crowded
4. Logging roads everywhere and no big mountains
>>
>>907542
I'm surprised they allow to carry a knife in Neverlands at all.

May I ask where are you moving from?
>>
>Illinois
>0/10
>I can cross the border and be in the UP in under 5 hours
>State is totally flat except for some tiny parts in the Northwest and South, but they aren't really worth going to. Almost all the state is agricultural so all the rivers, etc are severely polluted. No more walleye fishing in the Illinois River because muh Asian carp
>>
Maryland, USA
5/10
Variety of /out/ activities. Mountains, AT, bay, rivers, ocean
Overpopulated. Pretty boring terrain. Requires a boat
>>
>>907588
highest "mountain"
wild turkey rock 3,228'

my fucking sides
>>
>>907598
that's an average peak for the appalachians
>>
>>907604
oh wow
that sucks
>>
>>906384
They've been 'trying their hardest" for years, if something hasn't happened now it's not likely it ever will.
>also implying that Alta is anything above average
>>
>>906059
1. British Columbia (Lower Mainland)
2. 10/10
3. Mountains, ocean, temperate rainforest. Mild winters for Canada. Lots of wildlife. It's absolutely beautiful
4. A Lot of of places in this part of BC tend to have too many fucking people. For example went crabbing this summer off a dock in a regional park and had like 6 asian families staring at me watching..
>>
>>907646
This and the "local" provincial parks just having fucking hicks on ATVs shooting shit and leaving the grounds looking like a $5 hooker after your last load
>>
File: Seven Thunders Roar.jpg (266KB, 864x232px) Image search: [Google]
Seven Thunders Roar.jpg
266KB, 864x232px
1. Montana (pic related, my lovely city)
2. 10 /outta/ 10
3. The fact that you could go literally anywhere and find something beautiful
4. Too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter (sometimes. For the past few years, winters have been getting warmer and warmer here.
>>
1. South Australia
2. 3/10
3. I live next to the ocean. (literally have ocean view from my house)
4. There are zero mountains (a few hills), the desert is boring and the coastline apart from down south is very flat and boring with no surf

Grew up in tasmania though which has awesome mountains and coastlines, just has summers that are a bit short, too few people to live there long-term and I'm used to it, still great /out/ place tho
>>
>>907705
I'd give tasmania a solid 8/10 btw
>>
>>907598
The highest mountain in the Netherlands is the Vaalser mountain with a stunning height of 322,6 metres
>>
File: ExgCIuM.png (85KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ExgCIuM.png
85KB, 500x500px
>>906059
>>1. your country/state
Ireland
>>2. /out/ of 10
like 5
>>3. best thing about being /out/ in your country/state
weather is never too severe, few big storms last year and year before but its very rare for it to be too hot or cold for /out/. Only thing you ever have to worry about is rain
>>4. worst thing about being /out/ in your country/state
Very little actual wilderness or even large forests. Camping impossible in most places, best you can do is a beach or public campsite
>>
>>907804

Hey I've never been /out/ before but I want to start once the weather gets a bit warmer this year. Where are the best spots in the country to visit/camp in?
>>
1. California
2. 4 out of 10
3. The best thing is probably the bearable weather year round.
1. The worst this, People/ not being able to carry legally on /out/ings.
>>
>>907580
Ohio. I've had a girlfriend from Belgium for the past couple years and it was finally time to either move or breakup. We'll see how this goes...
>>
File: IMG_0890.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0890.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>907831
The Connemara
>>
>>908128
why doesnt she come to america anon?
>>
>>906059
>1. your country/state
Indiana

>2. /out/ of 10
3/10 would be 5/10 but all the cool shit up north has been completely destroyed by niggers and those retards who drained the marsh.

More corn fed venison than you could ever eat.

Unless you like corn, beans, and turkeys there is nothing to see here.
>>
>>907955
I feel your pain brother. Sierra Nevadas got some cool places to got /out/ but the gun laws are shitty.
>>
>>908128
Anon you should have done it the other way around with her moving to America. If you love /out/ you will hate Belgium, it's the bureaucratic center of Europe so I think that says a lot.

>Some city there wants people who dance in a bar to pay an extra tax
Fucking hell burn that shithole to the ground already.
>>
File: 2016-10-26_02-55-24.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-26_02-55-24.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
>>906367

This looks more than 6/10 to me.
>>
File: 2016-01-07_01-06-58.jpg (2MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-07_01-06-58.jpg
2MB, 5184x3456px
Florida
4/10 and thats being generous

There are a lot of beautiful springs, lakes and beaches. Really anything water related is top tier if that's your thing. The keys are a real cool place to kayak and island camp and the national forests are decent. Never been to the everglades though.

The absolute lack of any distinct geological features, the entire state is flatter than kansas. No mountains, hills or even valleys. Don't even get me started on the shit weather here, its so ridiculously hot and humid that I literally only go /out/ 3 months out of the year because the rest are way too hot to do anything /out/ related without getting drenched in sweat and annihilated by literal zika carrying mosquitoes. The other thing is when you're/out/ herenfinding potable water sources is really difficult, most of the water is too swampy to drink unless you find a spring.

>pic related

This is the only cool thing I've found in the whole state.
>>
1. Switzerland
2. 9/10
3. muh mountains from 900 to 4634 m, muh well made marked ways, forests, lakes, rivers, fountains and so on, no dangerous animals.
4. If you need solitude, that's the worst place because you already know there would be a village nearby and sometimes the ways are overcrowded. Also if you need to buy something it will cost you an arm.

Pic related, we were next to salanfe's lake.
>>
File: 20160912_134430.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160912_134430.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>906059
>1. your country/state
New Hampshire
>2. /out/ of 10
It seems like every five miles I drive there's some new state forest trail I didn't even know existed.
Fucking Massholes, New Yorkers, and Connecticunts.
>>
File: lithuanian nature.jpg (3MB, 2600x1696px) Image search: [Google]
lithuanian nature.jpg
3MB, 2600x1696px
>>906059
>1. your country/state
Lithuania

>2. /out/ of 10
7.5/10

Usually forests, lakes, landscapes, old tiny villages and whatnot. Really good for summer travels. The seaside is also nice and somewhat different culturally for historic reasons.

Autumn/winter /out/ings are nearly guaranteed to give you cold or something worse if you underprepare (talking about at least few day trips here). Morons also leave loads of trash in easy to access sites.
>>
>>906059
Texas/USA

8/10

Many types of terrain. Pine forest, grasslands, swamp, deciduous, scrubland etc.

Chiggers, poison ivy, mosquitos
>>
>>907804
>Ireland
>5 out of 10
I've lived there and been /out/ a few times, the best I'd give Ireland is 3. As you said, there's no wilderness, just pissy farmers everywhere telling you to get off their land. Even if you're on the few bits that are supposedly open to the public, it's fenced off amd you'll be chased away by a shotgun wielding nutjob. As for mountains, the only thing you have there is pretty much all in Cork/Kerry.
>>
>>907542
>I hope their laws aren't that fucking stupid

They are as far as I know
>>
File: 624.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
624.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>908201
>>908318

Believe me, I've tried to convince her, but she's a lawyer and I'm a software engineer, so it will be much easier for me to get a job there than her here. She's also very, very close to her family whereas I'm not. I did recently purchase 20 acres in Ohio though just in case we needed to move back here or we breakup. My hope is that at the worst I get closer access to backpack Europe for awhile (Scandinavia, Alps, east Europe), knock her up, then she can be a stay at home mom in America, but that last part will be a long shot
>>
File: t3_4s36kz.jpg (226KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
t3_4s36kz.jpg
226KB, 1536x1152px
>>906251
>>906059
1. Ohio-West Virginia border
2. 8/10
3. Beautiful forests and Appalachian foothills in Ohio, wonderful remote hikes to be had in West Virginia. Not too many crowded trails or people fucking with you in either state, save major parks.
4. It gets a bit samey come winter, just grey trees and skies. Doesn't really snow enough to get cozy either.
>>
>>906508
I'm a recently displaced northerner living in Augusta GA. Any reccs as far as good spots go around the Southeast?
>>
>>908623
>knock her up, then she can be a stay at home mom in America,
That sounds like a horrible fate. Does she know that this is your long term plan for her?
>>
>>907075
Agreed. Phoenix is a shit hole. Worst city I have ever visited. But the rest of the state makes up for it. Also, coming from out of state, there are a lot more rednecks shitting up the place with trash and vandalism.
>>
File: aurora.png (2MB, 1505x953px) Image search: [Google]
aurora.png
2MB, 1505x953px
>1. your country/state
Alberta, Canada
>2. /out/ of 10
10/10
probs canadian rockies
its literally -30C out right now
>>
>>906481
Man I miss the Schwarzwald. Used to be there every year with my parents when I was younger.
1. I'm living in Germany, NRW.
2. 2/10 (center, east is much better(-> Sauerland), have heard good things about the west (-> Eifel))
3. You can move freely in the woods, theres no trepassing. However, in some areas you are limited to the existing ways, as these areas are for recreation of nature.
4. This place is crowded. Better be friend with bad weather(and know the right place) if you want to avoid noticing active human activities for 24 hours. Not counting aircrafts and gunfire.
>>
>>908334
You are a big guy.

Also
>Not being a beach guy
Weeew la
>>
>>906059
>1. your country/state
British Columbia
>2. /out/ of 10
10 easily
Rarely cold
Rarely not raining
>>
South Arizona
8/10
Mountains on Mountains
Hot as the 9th circle of hell and every plant and animal wishes you death.
>>
>1. your country/state
California
>2. /out/ of 10
8/10
Variety of places. Death Valley, Yosemite, Muir Woods, Pinnacles, Joshua Tree, all the coast line - there is just so many different environments and things to do therein.
too expensive.
they dammed Hetch Hetchy.
>>
>>906059
>1. your country/state
Canada, Alberta
>2. /out/ of 10
huge variety. badlands, mountains, prairie, forest.
Australians have infested banff and jasper.
>>
>>907542
Belgium has roughly the same laws as the Netherlands, but it's important you understand why. Both our countries are densely populated which means there's very little unspoiled nature left. In order to protect this last bit of nature we don't allow people to camp there, because no matter how much you encourage people to leave no trace, there will always be retards who don't, and when you have so little nature, you can't take that risk.

But it's not that bad, Europe has a nice atmosphere to it, and if you're American you'll find that what we see as far away is relatively close for you. You can probably go /out/ in other EU countries with better laws if you want.

By the way, if you're of European descent: Welcome home.

>>907580
>I'm surprised they allow to carry a knife in Neverlands at all

Well, if they find out you have a knife on you in a bar, club, school, restaurant, etc. They're likely to confiscate your knife and unless you know the right answer to their sneaky legal question they can legally hand it over to the police to be destroyed.
>>
Tasmania

8/10

It's quiet, beautiful, harsh. Amazing forests, especially in the southwest.

Nothing quite as grand or spectacular as the American continent or Europe. Sometimes I crave something like the Alps or western Canada.
>>
>>908665
youre in a kinda tight spot honestly, about 3 hours from any good /out/ stuff. but Lake Sinclair is relatively close usually some good times if youre about the lake life stuff, and right above it theres the oconee NF relatively close to you too that has some good camping.

as for stuff alittle further out,theres the barrier islands and Cumberland National Seashore but those might be alittle too far away (but completely worth the drive imo, tons of marsh and lowcountry to paddle through, and the Okefenokee is badass)

if youre more of a hunter/fisher though you are in a hotbed. the i've been fishing on the ogeechee with my dad as far back as i can remember and its always good times and the deer are literally *everywhere* in georgia. almost an overpopulation problem really.

if youre tryin to hike you cant beat the AT, Benton MacKaye and the Pinhoti National Recreation Trail on the north side of the state. beautiful moutain side hiking that isnt crazy challenging but still just as rewarding. they criss cross all over the mountains of the north (blue ridge appalachian, and Talladega Mountains). and Amicolola Falls is pretty cool, its the highest waterfall this side of the mississippi and one of the starting points of the AT. Tallulah George is another good spot up north that has tons of shit to do/see

then theres the canyons on the west side of the state (pic related) that are pretty fantastic too Cloudland and Providence are awesome spots to get lost in. super underrated part of the state imo.

you get a bit of everything here, and it rarely dissapoints. i hope the locals dont give you too much trouble being a yankee or anything, its not ment to be taken seriously, we just like to poke fun about it. hope yall enjoy it here
>>
>>906059
Slovakia

7/10

Pretty nice landscape rangin from farmlands through forests to mountains. Its basically like switzerland but 10 times cheaper with lower mountains.

Small country and too many people, camping in the wild is illegal as almost everywhere.
>>
>>908665
Yo dawg, I'm there too. There's the forks area trail system and Stevens Creek trail just over the border into SC off furys ferry Rd or the canal if You're looking for something within a 40 minute drive. Hit me up to set up a day hike if you want.
>>
>>908816
death valley 10/10
yosemite 2/10 chinks in buses
pinnacles 8/10 pre NP status
pinnacles 2/10 current status
coast line 0/10 absolute garbage
damned the HH socal fag detected
>>
>>907577
>no big mountains
>state name is literally the word "Mountain " in spanish
>>
>>908776

What do you mean? I mean I'm no manlet but I'm not particularly big either.

Also the only good beaches here are in the keys.
>>
File: t7gaN25.jpg (937KB, 1560x2080px) Image search: [Google]
t7gaN25.jpg
937KB, 1560x2080px
>>908943
caves are great.
My mother was a slovak Olympian, and she had a lot of friends in mountain rescue.
As a teenager, I would go there, and because I rock climbed back in colorado a lot they would let me shadow them at work, and let me into caves that were either restricted to the public, or so out of the way nobody but those guys knew how to get to them.
Nothing like a 5 mile hike in the backcountry that leads to a 10km cave system with arches, great trad routes, and firepits at the edges from who knows how long ago.
>>906059
Colorado. Despite the Californian invasion of the foothills and all the best areas being super trafficked in this area, going south to the sangre de los cristos or san jans is the best outdoor experience you can ask for.
Also, theres a lot of private property in the foothills that is never used. So I can sneak in on the weekend and I get the mountains to myself. Pic related.
10/10 south, 6/10 north.
>>
File: DSC06014.jpg (3MB, 3820x2145px) Image search: [Google]
DSC06014.jpg
3MB, 3820x2145px
>1. your country/state
Germany/Bavaria
>2. /out/ of 10
I'd say 7 if compared to the rest of the world, but still the best Germany has to offer
The alps are amazing(pic related) and very close (30min) from my home
You are rarely alone and camping is technically illegal, tho as said above just don't be a dick and you're fine
>>
File: IMG_0529.png (910KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0529.png
910KB, 640x1136px
>>907646
Fucking chinks EVERYWHERE when you go /out/doors
Nice /out/ tho
t. Surreyfag
>>
>>908870
I suppose that's a good reason.

I'm German, Irish, and Welsh heritage.
>>
>>908978
Bavaria <3
>>
brazil , rio Grande do sul
8/10
it rains a lot
it rains a lot
>>
>>906499
This is accurate. Former VA fag
>>
>>906867
Quad city fag here, this is true
>>
>>906059
Oregon
6/10 and I say that because now that people have realized how cool and trendy it is to be /out/ non Oregonians, istawhores, and other memefags have flocked here 10 fold from places like commiefornia. So we have an influx of dumb cunts who take up space and breathing air, ruining our culture and trashing our natural areas. Still if you're not a shitcunt and appreciate the outdoors as more than just a meme, you're welcome to come visit because it is gorgeous here and has such a diverse landscape.
>>
>1. UK, Nottinghamshire
>2. A solid 2/10, and that only because of Robin Hood's forest
>3. Lots of AONBs/NPs reasonably close by
>4. The urban sprawl
>>
>>907536

I don't know what you're asking here. Are you asking if you can find two trees in Southern Utah? The answer is yes, yes you can.

>>907253

Yes, there are many things you can do around Zion and in Zion. However, there's a local spot not too many people that hit up Zion actually go to. It's called Kanarraville Falls. It's like a shorter version of the Narrows and the walls are closer.

If I were you, I would put in for a back-country permit so you can do the Narrows hike. You need to do this at least 3 months in advance:

zionpermits.nps.gov/wilderness.cfm?TripTypeID=3

I would also suggest you camp at Kolob Reservoir, because it's free. The road leading to the reservoir also happens to lead to most of the back-country routes as well. The reservoir is only 30min-1h away from Zion (driving time).

You'll obviously climb Angel's Landing, but you should hit up Orderville canyon and Hidden canyon as well. They're definitely my favorites in the park. If you can sign up with a canyoneering group, you'll definitely get the most out of Zion.
>>
File: 20161210_132119.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161210_132119.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>909061
<3
>>
>1. your country/state
Arizona
>2. /out/ of 10
Depends on what your favorite /out/ activity is. Solid 8/9
Earlier Arizona bro said it, diversity is killer. I can go for an hour drive and go from badlands to alpine forests. Day hike through 3 feet of snow and end the day drinking a margarita at 70 degrees on my back porch. Dem Sky Islands.
It can be hard to find good multi day hiking spots. Water is scarce so it limits options. Also proximity to border complicates things.
>>
>>909974
>You need to do this at least 3 months in advance:
Thanks anon, will fill out the necessary forms for that. Looks awesome. Any reason that you recommend kolob reservoir other than the price? I'm from a relatively expensive country, pretty much all your prices are manageable to me.

I'm used to hiking in cold weather and rain, any advice for someone as pale as a ghost besides sunscreen?
>>
1. North Carolina
2. 6?
3. Appalachians, great coast.
4. Mid-State and hot + humid
>>
File: 20161125_101628.jpg (257KB, 974x541px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_101628.jpg
257KB, 974x541px
>>910140
>>908804
>>907075
I love my Zonerbros!

Even Zonerbro from "Baja Arizona" (everything below the Gila).
>>
>>906059
Switzerland
meh, 7/10 (Europe standards)
Freedom to roam is pretty cool
Not that much unspoiled land left, save for the mountains, and it gets tighter every year. Also, steep as fuck!
>>
>1. your country/state
USA / New Mexico

>2. /out/ of 10
Depends on the spot.
Carlsbad Caverns: 10/10
White Sands: 10/10
Ruidoso (Southern mountains) 7/10
Roswell: Ayylmao/10
Albuquerque: 8/10
Santa Fe: Liberal/10
Carson National Forest (Northern Mountains): 10/10
Farminton: skinwalker/10
Eastern New Mexico: 3/10
Southern New Mexico: 4/10
Western New Mexico: Arizona/10

The mountains are great and the landscape is varied. Every part of /out/ NM is beautiful but some of it is an acquired taste. Mexican food is top notch and Hatch green chile is the best in the world.

Isolation. Not much water; where there is water, there usually isn't much. Mexicans.
>>
>Florida while at school
>South Carolina while at home on breaks
>Florida is 6/10
>SC is 5/10
Florida is great because I live in then panhandle, so it's not too swampy, but you can still go out on rivers and see manatees and alligators pretty easily. We've got decent woods, and the coast is really nice. It doesn't get too cold and it honestly doesn't rain that much.

South Carolina: Lots of woodland to explore, really easy access since it's mostly rural, people are really friendly, it's got a "land that time forgot" feeling, but the good kind.

Florida has no mountains, and there are snakes that can kill you. In the summer the heat and humidity is fucking awful.

South Carolina is extremely one dimensional and also has no mountains at all. Just lots of trees and fields.

In general, they aren't too great but I make the best of them. I'm more of a road-tripping kind of guy so it is what it is. Trying to get out west this summer.
>>
>Finland
>9/10
>The tempatures and the fact you can go innawoods anywhere in the country. The southern parts have the illusion of it being barren and empty but ppeople are everywhere. The northern barn are actually barren and empty aside form the centers
>If you are south there will be peopple everywhere and you will acccidentally come across a house in the forest
>>
WA state.

9/10. Only state in the US that deserves a 10 is Alaska imo.

North Cascades.

Californians and Canadians.
>>
>>910776
typical washingtonian complex
>>
>>909729
ahhhh poor little guy can't keep up with the housing cost
get a good paying job or gtfo
>>
>>906059
Da superior state
8/10
Massive amounts of great public land where you'll never see another soul/some of the best trout fishing around
Summer mosquitoes and deer flies
>>
>>910780
u mad?
>>
>>910832
not at all mang
just stating the obvious
>>
>>907567
>tfw DFW
>tfw poor college student
Hardly anywhere to hunt because it's all private land. Some of the state parks are pretty nice though.
>>
>>910865
Yeah, DFW sucks for /out/ings.
>Also poor college student
Try the LBJ grasslands. It's pretty close and seems like a good place to hunt.
>>
>>910853
what's the point of stating the obvious though?
>>
>>910946
What college? UTAfag here.
Never been to LBJ grasslands, do you know what there is to hunt up there? I'm interested in small game since hunting is new to me and something I've had to teach myself.
>>
File: P1080835(2).jpg (2MB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
P1080835(2).jpg
2MB, 1224x1632px
>>906059
1. NZ
2. 10/10
3. Glaciated peaks, deep river valleys, dense rain forests, wide open tussock plains, rugged coastline, 1/3 of country is public land, hunt whenever you want, no people once away from the touristy bits, over 1000 public back country huts with no need for bookings (see 4)
4. Weather can and does kill at any time of the year, rivers can and do kill at any time of the year, billions of bloodsucking sandflies.
>>
>>911024
> Also UTAfag
Never hunted there but I know they have deer, waterfowl, small game, feral hogs etc.
Hell, I've never been on a hunt so it's all new to me as well but from what I can tell LBJ is as good a place as any other.
>>
>>911051
What major?
And it sounds like I just need to hurry up and check the LBJ grasslands out.
>>
>>911288
Criminal Justice.
You?
>>
>>911302
Double major Environmental Science and German
>>
>>906504
Good to see a fellow croweater on here! I agree with all of the above.
>>
>>911317
Just fuck him already
>>
File: IMG_5127.jpg (3MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5127.jpg
3MB, 3456x2304px
Indiana

7/10

The southern half of the state is beautiful during fall and spring. Surrounded by states with nice /out/ features too. Hiking the hill country is always great and the summer heat and mosquitoes usually aren't awful.

The northern half is nothing but flat corn and bean fields. The countryside is fairly unimpressive, and the the longest trails are still comparatively short. Pretty sure the longest trail is 80 or less miles...
>>
>>906059
>1. your country/state
Iran
>2. /out/ of 10
9/10
Can travel 3 hours and be in mountains, rainforest, coast, or desert. All with no people. Beautiful landscapes.
Big Wild Cats like leopard are very dangerous here and you are only allowed bolt action rifle for self defense. So rainforest isn't very good option for /out/.

Also no Americans come here I can practice English with during /out/.

Also donal trump, Israel, or Saudi may nuke us so /out/ is not good when radioactive.
>>
>where
Kentucky
>rank
6/10
>best
lots of good hunting and fishing, and plenty of nice farmers that'll let you hunt their field if you're nice enough. Decent camping land.
>worst
Occasional loud and obnoxious redneck herd.
>>
>state
Illinois

>out friendly
0/10

>bad
there is nothing good as far as I know. Lake Michigan coast is heavily populated and the lake itself is polluted. Rivers are even worse. Country side has generally a larger population density compared to other states (a lot of farming). The state has no environmental diversity. It's never ending plains for the most part.

>good
If someone has anything nice to say about this state please reply

>>907583
can confirm this
>>
>>912452
Shawnee National Forest is wonderful. You should check it out.
>>
>>912468
>Shawnee National Forest
Does look nice. Never been to the southern tip of the state so maybe I was too quick to generalize. Thanks anon.
>>
>>911038
Good damn I miss the country
>>
>>912355
loud and obnoxious rednecks in 'tucky
ya don't say
>>
1. Florida
2. 3 out of 10
3. The everglades I guess...
4. No hills or mountains, humid as fuck, hot as fuck, no real good /out/ destinations, mosquitoes

Fuck I want to move so bad. I love /out/ shit but can't do it.

I want to go to a place where I can hike, fish, hunt, camp, explore, and etc.
>>
>>913629
how much does it suck living in florida
been there a couple of times
pretty shitty from what i saw
>>
>>913635
Well it isn't that bad in general, besides a few things. It's just a really shit /out/ state, I am not able to do anything outdoor related.

Also depends what area you live in.
>>
USA Washington
8/10
Beautiful mountains and evergreen forests and lakes
Rain and cold 250 days of the year.
>>
>>908334
I lived in the keys for 5 years. If your into astronomy then kayaking out to an uninhabited island with a good telescope. Nothing better.
>>
Southwest Florida
2/10
3. Absolutely beautiful weather for a stroll in the swamp in the winter. Too bad that's like 5 days out of the year.
4. Literally everything. See >>908334 >>913629
It's an urban sprawl, there is no out. Maybe there's Myakka state park but then you have to deal with mosquitos, allidiles, snakes, australia-tier nuclear spiders, etc.
>>
>>908334
Pretty nice, where did you find that?

>>913692
What city? I am from Miami.
>>
>>913682
southern or northern wa?
>>
>>913707
Sarasota. It's a giant suburb, there is no /out/.
>>
>>913959
>there is no /out/.
repeating myself. Just goes to show you how shit it is here
>>
>>913959
>>913960
Yea I feel the same man, I want to leave this shit place.
>>
>>906059
Colorado
8/10
Mountains and wild game are plentiful
Too many normies come here to exploit marijuana laws.
>>
File: Aerial_Seattle_and_Mt_Rainier.jpg (4MB, 4000x2666px) Image search: [Google]
Aerial_Seattle_and_Mt_Rainier.jpg
4MB, 4000x2666px
>>913962
I want to move to Washington or Oregon. I see pictures of Seattle with Mt. Rainier in the background and my brain just sorta breaks. It refuses to believe it's real, "There's no god damn way something that big could exist"
>>
1. Michigan

2. 6/10, depends if lower or upper peninsula.

3. Easily the upper peninsula, lots of remote waterfalls, fairly hilly, old mines and buildings to explore. For the lower peninsula, I'd have to say the coastlines for hiking in dead sand dunes.

4. Worst part about it would probably be all of the summer tourists we get because they have a tendency to trash things - but they do give us a lot of money so that we can keep things running.
>>
>>908679
Fellow albeertan here. South though so flat. I'm from BC originally so downgrade imo, can't wait to move back for maximum /out/ experience
>>
>>908778
>rarely cold
Where in BC are you from? Must be west coast because it's freezing in the elk valley
>>
>>908878
Western Canadian here, Tasmania sounds nice but I think Canada has the nicest landscape anywhere, I've travelled a lot also but nothing beats back home
>>
File: readingamagazine.jpg (219KB, 2048x1058px) Image search: [Google]
readingamagazine.jpg
219KB, 2048x1058px
1. Ontario, Canada
2. 8/10 no desert or mountains, but other than that dank /out/ locations.
3. So much fucking space.
4. You're in Ontario, Land of the Cucks.
>>
>Your country/state

North Dakota, USA

>#/10

7/10

>best thing about my state

Absolutely great hunting for a non Rocky Mountain state. Lots of big game, like hite-tail/mule deer, pronghorn, bison, coyote, etc.

Great bird hunting. Pheasant, grouse, partridge, turkey and waterfowl for days. Tens of thousands of geese and duck fly through here in the fall and spring.

Fishing is pretty good here too. Lots of lakes and marshes to explore. Missouri River is great for paddlefish and sturgeon. Big walleye in Devil's Lake. Lake Sakakawea and Oahe are awesome for trout and salmon. Ice fishing is always a blast during the winter.

Muh low population density. No tourists except the few bikers who get lost on the way to Sturgis.

Also pic related.

>worst thing about my state

It's always god damned windy here. Wind chills can get down to -40F during the winter. One of the coldest places in the continental US.

The Natives being dicks and trying to start shit to get free gubmint moniez

Sharing a border with Minnesota. The libtards trying to cuck us and bring in more 3rd worlders to make another Little Mogadishu.

Mayflies in the spring and mosquitoes in the summer.
>>
File: DSC04647-970x647.jpg (177KB, 970x647px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04647-970x647.jpg
177KB, 970x647px
>USA/Nebraska

>1/10

>The environment is good for practicing bushcraft, lot's of good natural materials and a variety of useful plant life

>Severe lack of public land, if you live in Eastern NE like me you're pretty much fucked, there's a few public areas but they're boring as fuck. The prettiest hiking in Nebraska lies in Chadron State Park or the Sandhills, and it's NOTHING compared to the types of things you can see out west.

I hope to move out of NE by the time I'm 30, I'm sick of practicing Bushcraft on a measly 200 acres of timber.
>>
File: K_F1.png (2MB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
K_F1.png
2MB, 810x1080px
>>910389
>Any reason that you recommend kolob reservoir other than the price?

The road leading to Kolob Reservoir is the road you take to get to a lot of the back country routes that end inside of Zion. So it'll just be a quick way to start the backcountry trails (West Rim/Narrows). On one hand I've lived here long enough that it seems odd to me to camp in an area I have to pay for, on the other hand I do have some good memories of camping near or in the park with my parents as a kid.

>I'm used to hiking in cold weather and rain, any advice for someone as pale as a ghost besides sunscreen?

I have a bad habit of burning on long desert hikes such as Havasupai, so I'm not helpful in this regard. However, most of the trails inside Zion are covered by the high cliffs. Most trails have plenty of tree coverage as well. You probably won't be having too much of an issue with sun unless you hit up West Rim or decide to free climb one of the cliffs.

Remember to visit K Falls. It's definitely worth the side detour.
>>
>>906481
>skinwalker meme
I wouldn't worry about it. Skinwalkers aren't real.
>>
>>912351
Well anon, Chernobyl is becoming great for /out/ after decades of decreased human population...
>>
>>907705
You just don't travel far enough away from Adelaide. Flinders Ranges has plenty of hills and the coastline of Yorkes and the Eyre peninsula has plenty of good waves and beaches
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.