[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so I was just reading on /trv/ that canada is having free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 14jJPXpX.png (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
14jJPXpX.png
18KB, 256x256px
Ok so I was just reading on /trv/ that canada is having free camping for the year of 2017 if you get a pass.
Does anyone know the specifics?
I want to spend the summer boondocking up there.
>>
>>905971

http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/voyage-travel/admission.aspx

Not free camping, just free visits.
>>
>>905978
Thanks anon.
How about we make this a Canadian camping general thread.
What does a yankee need to know before going up there?
>>
>>905988
Probably very similar to the states. Also depends on where your going
>>
>>905988
Fuck off we're full, the campsites are flooded with naked fat Germans every year and we're all sick of foreigners buying all the campsite permits half a year in advance.
>>
>>906045
People like you are just so Damn dumb.
>"guys that are very similar to us, Fuck off were full"
>"meanwhile everywhere is loaded with fat German guys, but I don't wanna make them a minority, by having more north Americans here"
>"I like crying about my problems but never trying to fix them. Instead, deterring the only people trying to help.

t. A Fucking leaf
>>
>>906045
>Being a Canadian citizen
>Not camping on Crown Land

You're doing it wrong.

>>905971
If you're from somewhere with no moose, don't fuck with moose. If you want to hunt I think you can bring up to 3 of your guns if you call ahead (there's a form and a fee). But we have a list of restricted firearms, which is fairly easy to look up, that won't be allowed in and may be seized if the border guard is an ass. It's mostly small concealable automatics and pistols that wouldn't typically be used for hunting anyways.
Also it's a good idea to get a hunting tag beforehand as border control can refuse your guns if they don't think you have a specific reason to posses them.

Also you could probably get away with camping on Crown land it's not exactly well patrolled. The various provincial governments will have crown land maps on their respective websites if you want to see it's boundaries.
>>
>>906061
the second part of that was meant for >>905988
not OP
>>
>>906061
So only citizens are legally allowed on "crown land"?
>>
>>906096
That or have permission from the queen of england.
She literally owns half of canada.
>>
>>906096
Only citizens can set up camp on it, and even then you're not supposed to use one area for more than 21 days in a year. Like I said though, virtually no one patrols it and if they do it's fish and game checking tags. As long as you don't start a grow-op or burn down the forest there's next to no reason to worry about law enforcement out there.
>>
>>906108
Incorrect.
"The Crown" is synonymous with "The State" in most commonwealth countries that parted from Britain on good terms, in this case it simply means the land owned by either the provinces or the federal government. It's similar to public land in the US.
>>
>>906061
For fucks sakes don't tell the amerifats our gun laws, I love when those fat ham planets get caught bringing their sidearms in and get raeped
>>
>>906108
When amerifats amerifat
>>
What are the laws about hiking with your firearm?

Let's say I wanna take a gun, hike a lil bit, shoot some targets for fun, and then come back.(no hunting involved).

Is that legal/very unlikely to get busted?
>>
>>906198
You can totally get away with the hiking and shooting bit in wilderness areas but the issue is going to be at the border. The officers there are going to want an explicit reason for you to have your gun. I would guess this is up to the discretion of the guard you're dealing with, a hunting tag is the best one but if there's a coincidental gun expo or you know a Canadian who you can be supposedly visiting and target shooting with those might work too I'm honestly not sure but If you don't have some justification they almost certainly will deny you. Also they are seriously shitty about pistols and might seize and destroy any they find.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.