[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I posted a while back here about that I'm going on a world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 14844527.jpg (26KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
14844527.jpg
26KB, 400x267px
I posted a while back here about that I'm going on a world journey, starting with a year in Asia. Last time I asked about gear and such, and now I've gotten that figured out, so let's talk about emotions.

I've been living a very normal life up until now. Work, study, friends, all that, and I'm basically giving it up for freedom. This will be quite the change for me, and I'm still not sure how I will hope up to it.

Since it's worthless to break down out in the middle of nowhere in a country where no one speaks your language, what's some advice you oldfags can give me? How do I stay sane through years of traveling and living onnaroad?
>>
When are you going? I also plan to travel through asia next year.
>>
Do you have a gear list? Would be very interesting for me.
>>
>>905198
Japan for a year. I've applied for a working holiday visa. After that, I think I'll head to Australia or China.

>>905199
I do at home, I'll post it when I get back.
>>
>>905183
Make friends, you're inevitably going to meet other travellers and interesting people. Stay in touch with your friends back home, pretty easy to do in this age.
>>
>>905211
I'll be traveling the Japanese countryside, so I doubt I'll find fellow travelers that often.
>>
>>905217
You'd be surprised, you are not the only person in the world who's thought "gee, it would be nice to tramp around the Japanese country side". Also, try and learns little Japanese just in case.
>>
Also, you will get lonely and miss home. That happens to pretty much everybody on a long journey. As long as you accept that you can prepare yourself mentally for it. Just admitting to yourself that it's going to happen helps because then it's not going to take you like some crushing surprise. Like I said, find a way to keep in touch with people back home, e-mail, Facebook, Skype, etc. Take a day every now and then to have a warm shower, a hot meal and be around other people (any thru hiker will tell you how important a good rest day is). Keep a journal, it's not only a good way to log your travels, it's a good way to organize your thoughts and work through your feelings.
>>
>>905199
Freely transcribed from my travel journal:

>sleeping bag
>sleeping pad
>tarp 2x3m
>2 person 3 season tent
>trangia
>Schrade F26 knife
>Hultafors scout axe
>Leatherman Wave
>eating utensils
>steel mug
>firesteel
>compass
>tiny cutting board
>money belt
>rain poncho that serves as secondary tarp
>headlamp
>socks x3
>shirt x3
>pants x3
>underwear x3
>towel
>bathing shorts
>hoodie jacket
>outdoor coat
>long underwear
>sunglasses
>toothbrush
>toothpaste
>soap
>box for soap
>razor
>deoderant
>first aid kit
>extra bandages
>mylar blanket
>condoms
>paracord
>spices for cooking
>lighter x2
>fleece blanket x2
>fishing hooks and line
>personal documents
>backpack rain cover
>nail clipper
>dishwashing sponge
>steel wool
>sewing kit
>duct tape
>hard brush for maintenance
>weapon oil
>portable wood stove
>TOWEL
>>
>>905467
Fuck, forgot:

>Glock Field spade
>folding saw with 3 different blades

And shit like my wallet and cellphone and such that I don't need to write down in order to make sure that I have with me.
>>
>>905183
>World journey starting in SE Asia
>Actually just teaching Esl in Japan
>How will I survive!!?!?!?!

Calm the fuck down, mate
>>
>>905882
>teaching Esl in Japan
I ain't fucking doing that, m8.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.