[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any weird experiences for the rest of you guys? I live up in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: Bigfoot-Warning.jpg (284KB, 728x410px) Image search: [Google]
Bigfoot-Warning.jpg
284KB, 728x410px
Any weird experiences for the rest of you guys? I live up in northern Washington, and I get weird stuff happening at least 40% of the time that I'm innawoods. Been hunting and fishing my entire life and my backyard is the forest. Lucky that nothing has been aggressive towards me though.
>>
>be in Air Force
>during "tech school" i have to go through SERE training(look it up)
>we get dropped off in the middle of the woods
>somewhere in Oregon/Washington/Idaho area
>getting instruction on how to do something(can't say exactly what)
>hear moving in the trees
>originally think it was another squad
>keeps making noise
>rocks are thrown
>commanding officer gets hit
>still thinking its the 2nd squad he goes into rage mode
>cussing up a storm while walking towards it
>loud scream from the area of the rocks being thrown
>scream was like that "WOOOOOOOO" you always hear on the bigfoot shows
>CO stops mid stride and is speechless
>CO slowly backs up
>he looks terrified
>another loud scream
>hear a similar scream off in the distance miles away
>the thing starts crashing down through the trees toward the other scream
>rest of our time out there we were on high alert and couldn't as much take a shit without a wingman
>>
I'm something of a sheriff in my little town of Nowhere, Kentucky. Had a woman freaking out about BF a while back. She used to report a lot of stuff being stolen and animals turning up dead. Said she saw it once on the road and that's when I figured I'd look into it.

The area she reported the BF entering on the right side of the road corresponded to a graveled pull-off that had been there for decades and was used to access the lakeshore by people fishing. It had also become something of an unsightly and smelly dump for trash, brush and tree limbs/deadfall all along its length and into the wooded bluff that leads down to the shore. When I stepped out of the car the first time I also realized I was walking on what was more or less a “bone bed”. There was quite a bit of small animal bone spread around the area, mixed with larger remains of deer that (mostly) looked like either roadkill, partial hunt kills or taxidermy remnants (stripped deer skeletons without heads) that had been tossed over the edge of the bluff.

With all of these remains lying around, and with a very direct path to the lakefront there as well, I pretty quickly understood why an animal might eagerly enter the dump, probably on a regular basis, to get easy meals and then make its way back across the road to the heavily-forested area that bounds the lake.

I checked the area out and found some markings that may have been big old footprints but nothing conclusive. I know most people talk about a bad smell or a feeling like you're being watched but I didn't get any of that. I left but she called up all hysterical about a month later so I had to head on out once again to look around.
>>
>>904130
I arrived back at the sighting area at about 7:30 AM the next day after her call after waking up to what seemed to be the foggiest morning in county history. The lake itself was socked in and not visible at all from the bluff and trail and there was heavy fog and condensation all through. My intention was to just head down the path and quickly collect the cam I set up last time from the tree and head out, so I left the car unlocked and ready to depart. I retrieved the cam and noted it had been tripped three or four times and was anxious to get a look at any pics so I headed straight back up the bluff and heard something pacing me in a large gully about 40 feet to the left. I wasn’t concerned as I’d encountered nothing there at any previous visits, and I also began to dimly hear a nearby conversation between at least 2 men who I believe were on a boat on the lake. I stopped about halfway up the trail and the noises of movement briefly did so as well, then seemed to move off further towards the left in the direction of the voices I heard. I got to the top of the turn-around and didn’t hear any more movement, so I began to put the camera away in the back of the car, a Honda Element with a rear hatch. When I stepped back to shut the hatch, I noted a strong smell that reminded me of a wet dog, but when I stepped back towards the car, just a foot or so, it was hardly detectable. There was a breeze coming from my right at his point and when I stepped back again and shut the rear gate I turned to the right and saw a figure immediately stand straight up about 80 feet away in the treeline by the bridge.
>>
>>904135
At first it seemed like a wide-shouldered, hulking figure without a head, but then I noticed a darker area between the shoulders and realized it was a face, either being held low in some kind of peering/aggressive stance. (In retrospect, I now believe it heard the rear hatch slam and possibly thought it was the car door and that I might have been ready to pull away and leave.) It just stood stock still for a few moments, but then it began to sway from side to side a bit and seemed to be lowering up and down, still very intently peering at me.

I got the impression I was looking at an old individual, because of the way it was acting. It was grey in the chest, almost running to white at centerline up to the neck. Kind of honey-brown/reddish along the arms and body, with very wide shoulders and massive arms that hung low. I heard another bit of conversation drift up from the lake and then this creature cut loose with a loud bellow that I can only compare to an angry bull and started to move in my direction. I then detected a much stronger odor that smelled like rotting meat, and that really ramped up my anxiety level and I decided to get out of Dodge. When I turned to walk around to the driver’s side a burst of very low-bass “language” came from the thing that sounded very much like “scolding”-- and that’s exactly how I felt—like I was trespassing and in big trouble.

The combination of the yelling and odor and adrenaline was disorienting for a few moments and I felt the strong urge to just sit or lie down on the ground on the driver’s side of the car. I felt like I imagine prey feels like. I climbed into the car quick like and looked back towards the thing and saw that it hadn’t changed position since I had gone out of its field of view behind the car.
>>
>>904137
I normally carry a pistol in the field but didn't have it belted. It was on the passenger seat, so I unholstered it and watched out the passenger window that was down from my earlier drive. The creature made another loud grunt and then began coming towards the edge of the guardrail that runs across the bridge. I admit I was in a state of panic, so I pointed my Taurus concealed-carry .357 out the window towards the ground and fired two shots. The irrational part of me just wanted that creature to stop coming towards me, and the rational part thought that if I fired shots and it behaved like an animal it would bolt, and if it were a human being I was seeing it would yell something like “Don’t shoot!”.

Its reaction to the shots was neither. It just stopped in its tracks, now about 30 feet away. I did the only sensible thing I can recall that morning by fixing it in my view, noting where it was in relation to the guardrail and below the top of my side window and then I decided to get out of there.

All I got on the cam were some raccoon and coyote pictures. The woman moved out to Louisville with some kin so she's happier I suppose. Never had another encounter since then and I'm thankful for that.

Approximately 7 1/2 feet in height, with massive shoulders – maybe 3 ½ feet across-- and arms, but a trim-looking abdomen. Size was determined by visiting the location a couple of weeks later and using an extending paint-pole to measure from where I was parked to the place I fixed its position. The hair on the chest area was grey, running to anwhite coloration at the centerline. No distinct features were clearly visible except for a larger, flattened almost human-type nose. There seemed to be a crease running down the center, but it was definitely not an “ape” nose. Darker mouth area that moved and sometimes made an “O” shape when it vocalized. Coloration on the shoulders, arms was reddish. Hair length seemed a pretty uniform 2 to 4 inches overall.
>>
One time me and my brother were walking in the woods on our grandparents property and we both thought we heard someone yell "Hey" so we stopped walking and were like "Wtf did you hear that too?" we yelled back but didn't get a response so we kept walking and we heard it AGAIN so we yelled a few more times but never heard it again so we just continued on with what we were doing. The few neighbors we have love to trespass on our land but they only do it when they can see no one is home so the chances of it being a trespasser are pretty slim. We also walked over to where we heard it and there was nothing there. Only weird thing I've had happen
>>
>>904143
I feel like I am on /x/, nice anon. Thats one of the best descriptions of BF i've come across. Would there be an image or something on google that you might point me to so I can get a better visualization of your description ?
>>
File: sasquatch.jpg (41KB, 250x413px) Image search: [Google]
sasquatch.jpg
41KB, 250x413px
>>904155
I took a gander at the image search and found this picture. Looks similar but the waist was thinner and the arms were longer. Imagine one of them bodybuilders like Schwarzenegger and that's similar I reckon.
>>
>>904155
>>904162
The coloring was close to this here orangutan. It might have been even more red but the fog I was seeing made everything look a little darker so this is what I was seeing. I was seeing that other people say BF has a coned head but this thing had a real round head.
>>
>>904162
>>904163
Thanks anon, thats awesome. Your descriptions are interesting AF
>>
>>904120
sometimes i get inexplicably spooped but ive never experienced anything i couldnt reasonably write off as my mind playing tricks.
>>
>>904226
Sounds like you've got a snipe infestation.
>>
>>904120
Sup, fellow /wa/.

I live in Mason County, about forty minutes north of Olympia on the Peninsula.

I take three dogs inna woods for walking off-leash where people ~typically~ don't go unless they're logging or brushpicking. Occasionally we see people riding horses, bikes, etc, but mostly during the Spring and Summer.

Nothing really happens during winter.

"Wierd" experiences for me are when I am almost shot by the stupid gunfags that like to place their aim above a dirt mound, or the occasional squatter living innawoods.

I did see a red fox one spring that had half its rear leg chewed apart, and it was still walking on it.
>>
File: 1473542051640.png (977KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1473542051640.png
977KB, 1200x630px
>me and friend go to a river valley
>supposed to meet two other friends there later
>we have a spot just off of a gravel trail where we have fires
>me and friend 1 set up fire and start chatting and I am drinking a little
>friend 2 and 3 are at a house party and will meet us there in a few hours
>so me and friend 1 are relaxing and bullshitting
>I hear people walking down the path
>friend 1 has shit hearing but he heard what came next
>Now by the sound of the gravel on the trail we would have been able to see who was walking there in the moonlight
>Then whatever it was starts saying "hey boys, whats up how's it going" etc. .
>they it whatever sounded exactly like friend 2&3
>so I say "did the party suck that bad you already left?"
>then theres this gutteral screech I haven't heard before or since
>the gravel gets kicked up and whatever the fuck takes off into the woods
>now were thinking maybe friend 2&3 are fucking with us so we call
>in the background noise we hear the party going on as we talk to them
>we hang up and there hasn't been any more weird shit for 20 minutes
>suddenly we hear coyotes going apeshit across the valley
>then I hear something moving around in the brush snapping twigs outside of the light of the fire
>my buddy can hear half of whats going on in the woods around us
>then silence
>I start telling this one story I heard to make us less spooped
>we have a good laugh
>in the 10-15 seconds of in between topic silence a fucking twig snaps
>now it was loud
>like 10ft tops behind me well within the fires light
>I pop out of my chair and theres nothing there
>so buddy 1 and I are spooked at this point
>we sit beside each other in silence for another half hour
>our friends come down the path and I could hear them long before I saw them
>we tell them about the odd habbenings
>it couldn't have been them because neither one of them would sit in the woods for 2-3hrs they have no patience for that
Don't know what it was, but it was something
>>
File: 1479871134480.png (66KB, 773x701px) Image search: [Google]
1479871134480.png
66KB, 773x701px
>>904120
i love threads like these, especially since its December now. i have a story but it happened to my dad while he was in mexico, dont know if its appropriate in this board so not sure if i should even type it out. bump
>>
>>904548

this isn't your fucking blog, kys m8

type it out or don't, no one gives a shit, stop "bumping" for attention
>>
>>904557
>bumping for attention
what are you talking about? i was bumping for more spoopy stories. you clearly have low self esteem and need to try to "punk" people on the internet. fucking loser
>>
File: image.jpg (940KB, 1630x1222px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
940KB, 1630x1222px
>>904143
whereabouts in kentucky? i was camping in the LBL area and experienced some squatchy shit.
>>
>>904562
quit bickering with anon and greentext your story
>>
>>904562

You bumped for attention and you know it, you whore. /out/ threads can stay up for weeks, use the fucking catalog.
>>
ITT Trump voters
>>
File: IMG_0566.jpg (221KB, 1024x743px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0566.jpg
221KB, 1024x743px
>>904590
Papa Trump is gon get rid of the skinwalkers!
>>
>Camping in PA by state college with my girlfriend and her brother + the brothers girlfriend
>Was a fairly low use area, no marked trails or anything around
>About 1am, we are sitting by the fire having a drinks shooting the shit
>All of sudden the brother starts shushing us
>Hear a faint sobbing/crying sound
>Me and the brother get up to check it out, call out hello a few times
>Crying sound gets louder and you just hear a women screaming
>We head off the trail in the direction of the crying when a women runs into her, she was hysterical, couldn't talk, she was just sobbing and holding onto us. She had blood all over her face and down her cloths
>Get her back to our camp, she was still just sobbing and crying, couldn't even talk
>My girlfriend cleans up her face, had a huge gash right by her left eye
>We all were freaked out, the brother and I were searching around the camp site looking for something to come into our clearing at any moment
>Meanwhile the girl calms down and it turns out she was out camping with her friends, went to go pee, only had her cell phone for flash light, she fell and banged her head on a rock, the cellphone got broken and she got turned around and lost trying to get back to her campsite
>She told us the road she drove up on and we kinda figured out were her camp site was
>Hiked her back to it, all her friends were where hysterical looking for her, she was gone for like 3 hours

I guess it was rather mundane but for a brief second I thought shit was going down.
>>
>>904567
What kind of happenings? I love me some squatchy stories in cold December.
>>
I was out at Will Rogers, getting high with a bud and looking around to see about finding a place to maybe to some Primitive Technology type shit. It's getting pretty late- this was the first time we had really done anything of the sort, and getting past the usual trails people used into the meaty part of the park proved to take longer than we had expected.

Once it got dark we ended up hearing rustling from what was almost definitely a deer, I figure, since they live in the area. Might've been a coyote, I don't know their exact range but you can find them some places here. In our mildly intoxicated state we figured it was the monster from Miasmata or something and got the fuck out of there.

Other than that I can't really name a weird outdoor experience.
>>
File: innagond.png (16KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
innagond.png
16KB, 1024x768px
>boy scouts like 20 years ago
>winter camping, only available spot is a girl scout summer camp in the middle of nowhere
>we're the only ones in this huge camp
>cabin walls are thin plywood, no fireplace, cold as hell
>ring of gravel around each cabin, past that is foot of snow everywhere
>we all go inside our cabin right away and sleep since it's the first night
>everyone is sleeping except for me
>person in the next bunk is snoring loud as shit
>hear what sounds like heavy boots stomping on the gravel outside
>sit up quietly, everyone is in the same room so I see no one is missing
>person is still snoring super loud, but I swear I heard snarling outside too
>suddenly the wall next to the snorer makes a cracking sound
>again and again
>whatever is outside is throwing the gravel rocks at the wall
>I finally snap out of my fear and yell "HEY!"
>the cracking sound stops and there's complete silence, leaders wake up and ask why I was yelling
first thing in the morning I ran out before everyone else and looked for tracks in the snow around the cabin
there was nothing
either bigfoot or a homeless guy didn't like that kid snoring
>>
>>904287
>Stupid gunfags

Start using a trip so I can filter you
>>
>>906160
did your feelings get hurt
>>
>>904123
whoa...
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.