[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /out/, give me all reasonably necessary 'prepping'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1480379265703.jpg (88KB, 618x349px) Image search: [Google]
1480379265703.jpg
88KB, 618x349px
So /out/, give me all reasonably necessary 'prepping' items for a natural disaster you can think of. This isn't a "15 guns and 2000 rounds for each" thread, I live in Christchurch NZ and it's looking more and more likely the alpine fault is going to go in the nearish future. During the Christchurch earthquakes the city was a clusterfuck (lack of clean water, food, power, etc) for a solid month, and if the alpine fault goes it's going to do the same to most of the country for probably quite a bit longer. Already got a fair bit of applicable stuff due to /out/, but don't wanna get caught out for forgetting something simple.
>>
>>903953
Also whats the easiest way to get in/maintain contact with people in the event of no phonelines/grid/etc? I don't afraid of earthquakes but being unable to know if people I care about are ok terrifies me. Is there a simple sollution to this problem or would we all need HAM radios?
>>
>>903957
Yes getting your family to take HAM radio classes so that you can be walker Texas ranger when power goes out for a week or two tops is reasonable.
>>
>>903960
the HAM radios part was clearly a joke dude, that's why i'm asking if there's a cheap easy alternative. As for the two weeks tops... ahahahaha
>>
>>903961
What's so funny? I was there, ourside lancaster Park when the Feb one hit.
Food/water was available throughout.
South of Wairakei Rd it was hard to tell there had been a quake.

Move out of Aranui, Anon.
>>
>>903962
Did you seriously have water the whole time? You lucky bastard. For a lot of people over the eastern suburbs (at least from what I saw/heard) water came from government/aid supplies which I imagine will be a lot scarcer if the passes are all shut and the whole country is dealing with it. Maybe I'm overreacting but I personally think we could be in for some adversity if the alpine does properly go
>>
>>903964
Got home that night to Shirley and water was off. Took a few days for it to come back on.
My parent's place in Burnside was back on water within a day.

There were shutdowns, but between CD and the Farmy Army water was brought in to the East within a day. Every dole bludger was gone from town by then, just the old Maoris who reckoned it was just like being back at the Pa in the 50s and 60s.

That said, by all means be prepared. I was, so I was able to help people who weren't. Better to be in a situation where you can help than where you need help.

Anything in particular you're wanting to know?
>>
>>903957
Texting on a cell phone usually works.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.