[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some help finding a hiking pant. I own TNF paramount peak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: ROSGN.jpg (44KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
ROSGN.jpg
44KB, 900x900px
Need some help finding a hiking pant. I own TNF paramount peak convertible pant. I like the weight of the material, convert ability, and layout of the pant. However, they are a little too baggy for me. I also own the Columbia silver Ridge pant, and they fit well but the material is just a little too thin.

Anyone know of a pant similar to the silver Ridge pant that's more durable? It needs to be in either natural colors or camouflage would be great. Gonna be using them as an early season mountain hunting pant. Not really looking for traditional hunting brands because it's just way overpriced for what you get.
>>
>>902027
Carhartt makes good durable pants.
>>
>>902031
They are cotton though. I forgot to mention I'm needing synthetic stuff.
>>
>>902036
What's your price range?

Why do you need synthetic?

Do you need them to be insulated?
>>
>>902041
$100 max
Non insulated

Wanting synthetic for fast drying. I'll often hike a few miles, work up a sweat, and then sit in a spot for a few hours. I've got some cotton/poly blend hunting clothing already and it just doesn't compare to the hiking pants I mentioned before.
>>
>>902042
If you can find a REI store I'd suggest going and trying some of their branded pants out.

If you are worried about cold temps and sweat then Carhartts with under armour base layer works for thousands of roughnecks in oilfields everywhere.
>>
Gander Mountain has these for $30 right now same style color material etc. At least in my store. Normally they retail for $80? It's all chinese junk anyway.
>>
>>902027
I thought we established that Pinewood is a god tier company with fairly low prices. For synthetic pants go with the Foxer, Schwarzwald or lappland trousers.
Another brand a hear is good is Karibu, a mate owns a pair and they look amazing, they come with a very nice slim fit, but Karibu is an expensive brand. Also worth looking at Mammut for the top of the line pants, but again, expensive.
>>
>>903131
The Gander Mountain brand zip offs are really good. I've had my pair for 4 years now with some heavy use and field work. Still good and they're pretty cheap.
>>
>>902027
Consider waxed canvas:
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/burton-filson-hellbrook-snowboard-pants-for-men~p~131ch/?filterString=mens-pants-and-jeans~d~143%2F

But I hike in pic related so I am not the guy to ask, People be starin but I go on my way.
>>
>>903496
You must suck so much cock people in China can smell it when you open your mouth
>>
>>903498
>implying people in china can smell anything over the garbage and smog
>>
>>903500
The stench of cock coming from anons mouth is so strong that it penetrates through the smell of plastic and chinkshit
>>
Im not sure if the convertability is mandatory for you but i'll share to maybe help you or others. I was able to scoop up a pair of Prana Brions from REI on a sale for maybe 50$ or so. Weight and Material was perfect, and the ass fit right but jesus fuck were they baggy at the bottom (moon boots maybe?). Long story short, I got them altered through the leg and now they are the most versatile pants I own. Intown, Outtown. Left low or rolled up when its hot they fucking rock.
>>
>synthetic pants
>*swish swish swish swish swish*

How does that not drive you insane?
>>
File: 20160227.png (69KB, 219x196px) Image search: [Google]
20160227.png
69KB, 219x196px
>>903496
lmao damn anon thats pretty sexy
>>
File: IMG_1340.jpg (43KB, 382x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1340.jpg
43KB, 382x400px
>>903496
ayyyyyyy
>>
>>902027
If you're going to be hunting you don't want the noise of synthetics. Check out brown canvas pants from any farm and ranch supply store.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.