/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you guys do if the world was suddenly unable to use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: Dies_the_fire.jpg (18KB, 186x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dies_the_fire.jpg
18KB, 186x300px
What would you guys do if the world was suddenly unable to use electricity or high energy explosives (gunpowder, tnt, etc)? Would you organize people behind you or would you go off by yourself in a world like that?
>>
cities will become shitholes, at least in the short term, You'd have to make the bug out/in call really fast.

would cars work?
if so, then it would be possible to get somewhere really remote that most people wouldn't think of running away to

if not, then you'd get killed in your sleep the first night hiking out of town

My first choice would be to go innawoods with my family and start a homestead there.
>>
>>901771

Holy shit was that book bad. It's basically a "wiccans and minorities are good and Christians/fucking white men are bad". I bailed on it before I got through 100 pages.

To answer your question, OP, I would try to organize my neighborhood as we've got lots of land and cattle around us. Also a Cabelas is right down the street, so we could raid it for all the archery and other equipment we would need.

If that feel on its face then, I'd pack up the family and walk/bike to muy brother's house or near the Brazos river. It'd take a couple of days using back roads to avoid the main part of Fort Worth, but we could make it.
>>
>>901796

That's true, Bubba from Alabama who posts on /pol/ probably isn't going to like it because it isn't The Turner Diaries. But then it's shocking you can read anyway.
>>
File: blyat.jpg (12KB, 326x315px) Image search: [Google]
blyat.jpg
12KB, 326x315px
>>901796
I liked the book, but it does have its weird moments
>25 pound draw on bow
>Can still shoot an arrow 30 yards accurately
>Can still go inches into rock hard tree
>mfw
>>
>>901788
Sounds like a good plan man
I wouldn't think cars would work, i mean modern cars use batteries and spark plugs to operate
>>
>the world was suddenly unable to use electricity or high energy explosives
wat.

what retarded "logic" does the author provide for this?
>>
>>902188
From what I read in the book, some sort of intelligence caused it, with who ranging from God being angry to mad scientists.
>>
>>901771
I'd just expand my garden.
>>
>>902188
Steam power and pneumatics
>>
>>902188
>logic
No familiar with fiction?
>>
>>902370
There is a difference between fiction and suspension of disbelief.

Op, my gf would read it aloud to me in bed, until I fell asleep. Then I'd wake up and bone her with morning wood.

I liked what I remember.

Admittedly the gunpowder thing was beyond belief.
>>
>>901771
Fuck off that book is dog shit

I bet youre a fat teenage girl, or a sperg lord. Only reasons youd reference that shit book. Only reason i even know what it is is cuz i was dicking down a hot chick that thought she had fucking powers
>>
>>902582
>fucking powers

Sounds awesome!

Combine that with sucking powers and I'm talking live-in.
>>
>>902621
Pussy isnt worth wasting time on batshit insane whores. She actually did have sucking power though. Mustve been her wiccan training.
>>
>>902625
> draining your essence.

You are weakened and she is empowered.
>>
>>902582
Hey, it got you sex so there is that
>>
>>901771
>suddenly no explosives

So no Nitrate bonds? Sinple chemistry just stops? Well, then, what would we do?
>Die.
Stop oxygen bonding with haemoglobin.
Stop K/ Na cycle energising heart muscle.
Don't waste time eating, your gut acid isn't going to break it down.
>>
>>901771
Clearly the correct answer is to pray to our new alien gods that have magically stopped chemistry. I'd lube up my asshole and hope they aren't too rough.
>>
>>902683
See? And you thought a $100k debt for a biochem degree was worthless.

You just showed C M Sterling!

'Course he still gets paid for the movie rights and you're still an out of work nerd.
>>
>>902683
Apparently its some sorta shit where some god/scientist/Giant Space Bat targeted only certain things and left everything else to allow life to live
>>
>>902650
The book didnt get me sex, the dumb whore that thinks shes a witch and loves to suck dick got me sex. Then i told her to get her shit together and never heard from her dumb ass again. Typical of readers of such literature.
>>
>>902815
>all hail the gsb
>>
I've got a small amount of land in Kansas, I could move there with my family if shit got bad
>>
>>901771
Not sure, but I think Stirling is SCA. I could easily imagine a bunch of Pennsic warriors sitting around drinking a few beers, hashing out the premise of the book.
My big takeaway from the story was the value of mental flexibility. Normalcy bias killed more than hunger, disease, or crime.
Of all the characters though, I'd think that /out/ would most identify with Mike Havel, the former Marine bush pilot. Something about "Improvise, adapt, overcome"?

To answer OP's question, though, definitely group up in a fortified longhouse farm situation.
>>
>>902709
Actually got my Masters and work paid for it.

Not writing magic fantasy wank novels where AlienSpaceBats turn fat neckbeards larp fantasies into fanfiction
>>
File: images (30).jpg (29KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (30).jpg
29KB, 443x332px
>No more explosives.
Carbon powder still made by traditional charcoalburning and a steam-engine driven compressor to produce liquid oxygen
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxyliquit
Or just put the cylinders of compressed LOX in a fire for a BLEVE
>>
File: unnamed.gif (402KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
402KB, 511x288px
>>901771
Hordes of sword and halberd waving neckbeards erupt out of their moms basements...
>picsoveryrelated
>>
File: pattern1.jpg (12KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
pattern1.jpg
12KB, 296x170px
>>901771
Continue to make Girandonni air rifles in my spare time.

People severely underestimate just how fucking lethal big bore air rifles can be.
>>
I've read this book, but I don't remember it very well. It was kinda dull and I dropped the sequel less than 30 pages in.

I think whatever magic space bat shit turned off explosions also fucked with the mechanics of pressure in general though, so stuff like air rifles or expanding gas bombs wouldn't work either.
One of the few scenes I remember was them trying to make a really low pressure steam engine from some antique design and it would kind of work but as soon as they hooked it up to something to get it to exert force the energy just disappeared.
>>
>>903039
>touched by his leathery appendage
>>
>>903039
>He demands that a sacrifice of fruits and insects be presented to him
>>
Gunpowder is a low explosive
>>
>>906838
Shut up you spastic, do you not understand that I, along everyone else on this entire board, excluding you, understand and acknowledge this simple fact?
>>
>>906552
The second book was kinda bad, especially with how much it praised the wiccan and shit
>>
>>901771
fag
>>
File: 9780449213018-us-300.jpg (42KB, 300x491px) Image search: [Google]
9780449213018-us-300.jpg
42KB, 300x491px
That book is useless, this is a much better choice for a "What would you do?"
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.