[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm crossposting here from /an/ in the hopes that I could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 111111111111118.jpg (191KB, 1456x1063px) Image search: [Google]
111111111111118.jpg
191KB, 1456x1063px
I'm crossposting here from /an/ in the hopes that I could get more respondents. Hello, /out/!

I'm an artist doing research for these seven plates I want to etch, I want to go through the seasons and draw the quintessential perennials for the season so to say.

For Spring (two plates) I'm thinking of including Cherry Blossoms, Dogwood Blossoms, Tulips, Daisies?

Summer (two plates) are those snowball plants, Hibiscus? And Sunflowers.

Fall (two plates) is Pumpkins and maple leaves

Winter (one plate) I'm going to do a plate of snow texture with maybe pomegranate seeds and pine needles.

I'm basically an ignoramus when it comes to horticulture so any and all input to what I should include or how I should go about this art would be appreciated.

Please, pretty please, and thank you.

Pic sort of related.
>>
>>901606

What exactly do you want to hear?

Your snowball bush is called a snowball bush, other than that, a simple google of "[season] theme" should give more than enough of an idea to branch out from.

>I'm an artist
>I'm basically an ignoramus

pretty much go hand in hand in my experience, but its not to hard to pick plants when you have the entire internet at your disposal.
>>
>>901642
In my case it's a matter of having too much to go through. I'm asking for more of a curated selection; I guess what you are more likely to envision when you think about a season compared to me being given a spread online and using my limited knowledge of gardening.

I can pick plants but I want to know what is quintessentially "fall" or "spring" to someone who knows more about gardening or plant life than I do, does that make sense to you?

Also apologies for the late reply, and I appreciate your reply. Thank you.
>>
>>901606
Trilliums might be cute for spring
>>
>>901754
Thank you, would you have any recommendations for fall?
>>
>>901779
I've heard coneflower blooms then, you could look at that.
>>
>>901779
Depends on region really man.. Maybe search for blooming or fruiting things for your region during fall.
>>
>>901918
>>901930

Thank you for the replies!
>>
>>901779
chrysanthemums for fall, definitely
>>
>>901606
spring-- daffodils, crocuses, lilacs and lily of the valley, forsythia, rhododendron, azalea
summer- definitely do peonies!, jasmin, marigolds, dahlias
fall- chrysanthemums
winter--pinecones? winterberry?
>>
>>902061
forgot for winter-- holly, duh!! or mistletoe
>>
File: DSC_8877-2013-02-10 (Medium).jpg (114KB, 1156x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8877-2013-02-10 (Medium).jpg
114KB, 1156x768px
>>901730
>I guess what you are more likely to envision when you think about a season
That can be pretty regional. Around here:
Spring: magnolia, fruit tree blossoms, tulips, trillium, forsythia
Summer: Oak trees in full leaf. Pretty much everything else too, plus cicadas
Fall: goldenrod, apples, michaelmas daisies, wild grapes, falling leaves.
Winter: Pine cones, conifers, bare oak branches, rime ice on everything. I'm particularly partial to red dogwood branches against the snow but I guess that won't work for a black and white etching.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.