[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/ I just went hunting for the first time and now it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 242408-242410[1].jpg (28KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
242408-242410[1].jpg
28KB, 520x520px
Hey /out/ I just went hunting for the first time and now it's all I can think about. I got a book on tracking and I plan going /out/ regularly to practice my still hunting since I know I'm going to trash at it for the first few months.

Anyway the book said to get a good pair of binoculars (which I totally underestimated on my first hunt) and now I'm tryign to sift through for a decent pain but i have NO idea what I'm looking for.

I live in southern Ontario. Any help/advice/suggestions?

Pic related, my current, complete guess for what I should get. Bushnell EXCURSION HD 10x42mm
>>
Just get a scope or a monocular that can attach to your rifle.
>>
>>901598
I'm crossbow hunting and it has a scope. But i'm looking for something that requires less movement to check things out.
>>
>>901598
>pointing your loaded rifle at everything you want to look at

You really don't hunt with that advice, do you?
>>
>>901611
Lol I was thinking the same thing
>>
>>901597
I have a pair of bushnell 10x42 and love them. don't know what the product name is, they are mossy oak not green though.

42 is sort of the magic size that starts letting you get a little night vision going.
>>
>>901611
>>901620

Nowhere was it said the scope had to be attached to the rifle to look through it.
Reading comprehensions of fucking kids. Keep it up, millennials.
>>
>>901598
>point your loaded rifle at me just to look at me
>I'll pepper spray your shitty unleashed deer
>>
>>901623
>I was only pretending to be retarded.thepost
>>
Buy Vortex for unbeatable warranty and quality optics.
>>
>>901598
>Monocular that you can attach to your rifle
T. Nogunz indoorsman
>>
>>901764
Dat Price tho
>>
>>902530
>Buy once, cry once.

Is best advice for optics and Orion Slave Girls.
>>
>>902530
Get the 8.5x32 raptor
its not even 100 $ and i've read it compares to their 200-300 $ models. It certainly compares to some 200-300$ bushnell and bynolyt models i've checked out at my local (overpriced) store, i cant remember which models exactly. And this just because it's a porro.

Unless its a double hinged small sized binocular or price doesn't matter i really don't understand how people can justify roofs, albeit the whole market shows otherwise.
>>
>>901597
Nikon makes great quality affordable glass. Check out the monarch line.

They're really good about their warranty too.

I highly recommend you buy a harness for your 'nocs. Keeps readily accessible and ready to use at any moment.

>>901623
>>901598
Why the fuck would you buy a scope that you're not going to mount on a rifle when you could buy binoculars for the same price? You must be a mongoloid.
>>
>>903419
Vortex will warranty your gear if your house burns down, will Nikon do that? Nothing against Nikon they make good gear but Vortex stands alone when it comes to their warranty.
>>
>>903556
Dont know the fine details but Nikon's warranty is solid. The waterproofing on my pair failed so I sent them in and they sent me a brand new pair still in the box. My dad is a photographer who uses only Nikon and he has nothing but praise for Nikon and their warranty. They've repaired lenses for him for free before.
>>
File: chamois.jpg (130KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
chamois.jpg
130KB, 960x720px
glass is definitely the most important thing for hunting in open country in my opinion. spend more that you want to. let your eyes do the walking. its also a good idea to set up your binos on a tripod system, i though it was a meme till i did it and bloody hell, I'm kicking myself that i didn't do it sooner. see so many more animals. a good spotting scope is worth its weight in gold too
>>
>>904001
You seem experienced. I've got good binos for hunting but I don't have a range finder. How important is it to spend big bucks on a range finder? From what I understand the only real thing that changes as price goes up are the optics. I don't need super sharp optics for a range finder when I have a solid pair of binoculars for spotting. Also, I'm rifle hunting (just .22 right now) so I don't need sub 5 meter accuracy in my readings. Will I totally regret buying a rangefinder on the cheaper end?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2e3gExPJos
>>
>>906357
.....okkk....
>>
>>904015
A cheapie will see you right, I like a rangefinder to take into account angles as lots of my hunting is done in the mountains and im shooting up and down steep hills
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.