[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You're given $10.000 and the task to spend it to travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

You're given $10.000 and the task to spend it to travel on the road for as long as possible.

>what do you pack?
>where do you go?
>how do you spend the money?
>>
>>901245
For as long a time as possible or for as long a distance as possible.
>>
>>901248
Best time:distance ratio.
>>
>>901245
Is there a drug test involved?
>>
>>901258
No.
>>
File: 1479831688265.jpg (152KB, 600x1213px) Image search: [Google]
1479831688265.jpg
152KB, 600x1213px
>>901259
Well then...
>>
Been on the road 5 years.. Spent probably 3k on travel related things, not counting shit thay doesnt directly relate to traveling. So at least 15 more years.
>>
>>901302
>>what do you pack?
>>where do you go?
>>how do you spend the money?

at least answer the op yew cheeky cunt
>>
>>901308
>>what do you pack?
Stuff to sleep with in any condition
>>where do you go?
Anywhere, staying in warm places seasonally would alleviate packing cold weather gear but being /out/ innacold is one of my favorite things. Stick to mountains and national forests, ignore the rest of the world.
>>how do you spend the money?
I dont, keep it all stashed and only spend any of it when something directly related to traveling pops up. Something like fixing on my vehicle, replacing broken gear etc.
>>
>>901245
$10.00(0) isn't a whole lot. I guess I'd just bring my EDC and ask a friend to drive me ~50 miles or so and give them the $10 for gas.
>>
>>901312
I believe it's supposed to be 10k
>>
>>901245
Buy a used airstream, hook it up to my truck, get my dad to finally get me a gas card like he's been promising to do, put $1000 of it in a high yeild savings account for when the rest runs out, buy only cheap foods (I already live on like $50 a month for food), hunt and forage occasionally to supplement, head to BLM land and National Forests and boondock in my trailer for a couple years.
>>
>>901351
>airstream
>$9000
>save $1000

Have you priced Airstreams lately, anon?

I have been looking for a couple years
and find them currently overvalued and going up.

Might as well day VW campervan. Keep dreaming.
>>
>>901245

Assuming I can use stuff I already have and someone is willing to take care of all my shit at home
>grab my bug out truck
>grab my dog
>take off and head west
>probably spend a good two-three months bumblefucking around
>head north towards Alaska
>sell my truck
>spend as much money as is necessary to send my dog to my parents in WI
>try get a job as a workaway to anywhere but here
>continue deckboy/workaway shit until I get to Europe
>start touring Europe
>head straight to Belarus
>head south from there
>go birdwatching
>see wood peckers
>maybe try see Estonia, I've heard it's a nice country
>head to Russia
>take the train from Moscow to Baikal
>get home somehow
>resume semi shity life with an awesome story of how I saw the world

I figure I could live reasonably well off $400 a month, my pup would take roughly $50 a month, I will have traveled approximately 6000 mile, my truck gets 16mpg, so we will say roughly 400 gallons all things considered no clue what the price of gas up north is, but we will say an average of $2.50 a gallon brings me to $1000 in fuel. Assuming I average 100 miles a day, I will rack up another $1000 in food for me and Annabelle. Tack on another $1000 for unforeseen expenses and that leaves me with $7k by the time I reach AK. Figure my truck will cover sending Annabelle home, and living expenses while I try to get on any ship going anywhere, at which point travel starts to pay for itself, so ideally I should have $7-8k USD by the time I reach Europe. At that point I have no idea how long the money would last, but there is really only two things that I want to see in Europe, so I should have enough to see them, then get home.
>>
$10k?
>$10k worth of weed nigga
Where would I go?
>Behind my mothafuckin house!
>>
>>901351

what do you eat to spend only $50 on food?

>also - how do you eat less?
>>
>>901351
>black lives matter land
they finally got their 40 acres and a mule eh?
>>
>>901388

He is going to say something along the lines of rice and beans with eggs, but the answer is really mommy and daddy haven't taught him how much it actually costs to stay alive.
>>
>>901397
>eating at community feeds
>eating out of the trash

Just two of many ways to eat for free. Dont accuse people of not knowing what they are doing just because you think the only way to eat is spend money. Id argue that it is you whose parents didnt ready for the world
>>
>how to get as far as possible

>sign on the merchant marines as ordinary seamen
>get on ship
>go far away
>jump ship on foreign far off land
>live innawoods
>become hermit
>occasionally scare locals
>after a while they think im a wizard or some shit
>eventually they build up the courage to murder me
>see im just a frail old crazy person (from years of living innawoods alone)
>the laugh at me
>nobody mourns my passing or my glorious local scaring life
my legacy will survive me. the locals will always tell stories of the spoopy boogyman that used to haunt their village sometimes.
>>
>>901400
>t. parasitic van dweller
>>
>>901407
Vandweller? I live in a house anon. Insulting people based on your flawed worldviews does not make your argument any more correct. Have fun being so smug that you have to shitpost on /out/ to validate yourself because people eating out of the trash somehow offends you. This is a thread partly about making money last as long as possible. Eating for free is a great way to accomplish that goal.

Now go shove a $50 steak down your throat and shut up.
>>
>>901402
Your skinny frailty will only make them more convinced of your wizardry

They will hang your head on the wall and make necklaces with your teeth. Worth it.
>>
>>901400

My apologies, I forgot to account for the possibility that you are a complete failure who survives off the charity and waste scraps of others to survive.

Now that we have established that you eat garbage, I can fully understand why you're food bill is so low, you are essentially vermin.
>>
>>901435
>shitposting this hard

Why do you want me to be a bum so badly anon kun? You are a pretty big faggot.
>>
Polite sage and reminder to keep the bum hate shitposting to homeless general. If you keep it to the containment thread the rest of us dont have to read your spergouts.
>>
>>901245
>Cheeseburgers
>A cowboy hat
>Cowboy boots
>Extremely tight white pants
>>
Its pretty great that sc/out/s are so triggered by any lifestyle that isnt wage slavery.

>>901507
Top kek

For me
>buy used motorcycle =~1k
>fix it up 500 bucks tops
>buy tools to work on it on the road $1-200
>buy 4 season camping gear, call it $4-500
Trigger warning, hot opinions incoming
>get on food stamps

Then i just ride all over the country, at 100 miles a gallon the rest of that cash will last a long long time.
>>
>>901514
>100mpg

You've never owned a bike, have you?
>>
>>901532
I have one right now that does 75/g. I can pull the extra 25 long as i can shop around
>>
>thru hike the AT again
>thru hike the PCT
>thru hike Te Araroa
>blow remaining money in New Zealand and fly back home
>>
>>901592
oh, as for packing, just the usual ultralight shit, already have that though.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.