[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /out/ /k/ here, I have very little gear, all left over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: UxxX8vD.jpg (99KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
UxxX8vD.jpg
99KB, 800x585px
Sup /out/

/k/ here, I have very little gear, all left over from my BSA 5 years ago.

I'd like to get set up with some starter gear to go solo-camping with. Nothing that expensive, I don't even know if I'll like solo camping for 1-2 nights since im a huge night pussy, but I'll have a gun so that will help me sleep.

Things I have:
>GPS
>Basic survival sense
>compass
>Guns
>Good phone battery
>eneloop AAs
>Good Flashlight (these here are super on sale, are any worth it tho? https://www.amazon.com/CVLIFE/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_6263745011?ie=UTF8&node=6263745011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=CVLIFE

I'm looking for
>one man tent (mine was destroyed when my mom lent it to some fucks)
>water bottle
>boots (Wisconsin winter)
>axe (are saws any useful?)
>Large pack (I have a huge framed one, but is that too much for 1-2 days?)
>water bottle (should I bring all my water, or use filters?
>Good hiking jacket (I'm good at layering)
>Good firestarter (more of a what do you prefer thing)
>good mess kit
>Good small cooking pan for a fire (or should I use a mini-stove?)

I'm sorry I'm so out of the loop, asking for so, I should have done a lot more research leading up to the biggest sale time of the year, but I fucked up. Let me know if you have any suggestions for anything, or if you just want to share your favorite.
>>
>>898546
A knife too, but im looking at the active threads now
>>
>>898546
if you don't know if you will like it, I would advise against buying all that shit. you can borrow a tent or buy a cheap one and try it out in a state park.

something you didn't mention was sleeping bag. if you are doing this in winter in wisconsin you will probably need a good sleeping bag.
>>
>>898548
>>898546
What I should have said is that I'm going to use much of this for camping with friendos as well.

So I'll hold off on buying a one man tent, but I still need a knife, axe, multitool, firestarter, water bottle, boots, shovel, and 30L+ backpack.

I'm taking stock of the gear I have right now, and I'll post that soon. I have at least two sub-freezing sleeping bags, but I was thinking of getting something less bulky.
>>
>>898546
OP here.
This is my stock:

Sacks:
Thermogear -10 Sleeping Bag
Swissgear Mummy Ass Bag
Chico Bag
Kelty Comanche 5600 91.87 L

Lighting:
Ozark Trail 250L
Some $6 Wal-mart lantern that I probably wont bring, since it would die immediately.

Tech:
Baofeng UV-5R with Nagoya NA-771
Portable Yahtzee Game
Nikon Coolpix L840 w/ 16GB Memory Card

Guns:
Ruger 9E w/ 1 17rd Mag
Mossberg 500 w/ 7 shell tube, pistol grip, and shell holder (loaded with 00 buckshot)
Mosin Nagant M91/30 and shell holder
Mosin Ammo Pouch (6 5rd clips or 12 12g shells)
Oracle DPMS in 5.56 (I pick it up Friday, may replace Mosin with it, but I also want to go out with it, since it has been good to me)
>>
>>898546
Fuck, I should probably get a good leatherman style multitool
>>
>>898546
and a good portable shovel
>>
>>898553
> I still need a knife, axe, multitool, firestarter, water bottle, boots, shovel, and 30L+ backpack.

You don't need any of that stuff to go camping.
>>
File: evernew_Ti_cup.jpg (9KB, 355x237px) Image search: [Google]
evernew_Ti_cup.jpg
9KB, 355x237px
>>898579
Get yourself a Sierra-style metal cup and a spoon. This is a basic thing to have when camping/backpacking in groups. That way you can always have your own utensils for whatever everyone is cooking up. The long-handle version can be used directly over a flame. Sierra Cups are great to have on hikes for scooping water out of springs, to drink and refill your water bottle. I have the titanium version, which is light and cleans up easier than stainless steel. Worth the expense. Get a long-handle Ti spoon to reach down into MREs and similar, like Tasty Bite brand stuff. Often the only thing you need to clean titanium is water, preferably warm.

Only get cooking gear as needed, as you see what works best for people you are camping with.
>>
>>898546
>BSA
Bovine serum albumin?
>>
>>898773
Big Salty Asshole

>>898717
Sweet

>>898709
>no firestarter in the winter
>no axe for firewood
>no water bottle
>no boots

At least edit your post beforehand
>>
>>898792

>no firestarter in the winter

Get a piece of cardboard

>no axe for firewood

Use you hands

>no water bottle

Empty Gatorade bottle

What are you a gear fag?

>no boots

Use shoes?
>>
File: 1479908431061.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479908431061.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>898796
>shoes
>winter
It's like you want frostbite or trips you have to cut early

By firestarter I mean a lighter or flint and steel.
>>
>>898825
It's like you want to pretend you go camping in the winter
>>
>>898926
I've done it before, and now I want to do it again.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.