[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 79

File: IMG_0983.jpg (306KB, 1178x1074px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0983.jpg
306KB, 1178x1074px
#101-"Murrica!" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>894485

>she thought she wouldn't be in a bikini until spring
>put on that holiday weight
>doesn't realize this is the United States of Trump!
Enjoy the snow ye anons of the North.

Still waiting for help with the beginner guides on the Pastebin. I put a little saltwater one in there, but I want to do a river one possibly and trout.

Thinking about picking up a new hobby? Want to get a memecaster? Haven't mastered the Palomar knot? Click here!
http://www.pastebin.com/u/fishingandtackle
https://imgur.com/a/1Xw3N

Only another couple weeks before we finalize the F&T Secret Santa! $20 limit so if you want in, let me know (GetSomeMemes @ gmail).

Talk about fishin
>>
I could write a river guide but Itd be biased because I fish on a boat and realize not everybody here has a boat.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 492x831px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 492x831px
>first fish at the new spot

The wily pickerel

Hit my #4 Mepps like a ton of bricks
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1500x2668px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1500x2668px
So I'm in Austin visiting a friend and I decided to fish some of these little creeks. I was pressed for time so i didn't get to fish for very long but I still managed to get one.

>>897070
I use that same bag for tackle
>>
File: image.jpg (245KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245KB, 750x1334px
>>897365
This is me btw. I'm gonna come back in the spring when they're spawning. The water is super clear so I should be able to see them nesting.
>>
File: LG ice out.jpg (117KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
LG ice out.jpg
117KB, 640x640px
Ice season...can't fuckin wait!
>>
>>897358
Maybe you should write something more specific about the fish you're targeting and where you are.. I fish in saltwater exclusively, but following that guide would be counterproductive in my case.

A lot of people who post in these threads seem to believe that saltwater fishing is one single way of fishing. Noone I know who fishes in salt water ever actually use the term "salt water fishing", but I can understand how it continues to be referred to like that, since most people here only seem to care about murican bass fishing and baitcasting.
>>
>>897392
Then write it up mang and email it or post it.
>>
>>897393
its hard to write a guide for the hundreds of possible saltwater fish and methods of catching them.. much easier for someone to just say "I want to catch X with X from X" and have us fill in the blanks for the specific scenario.

General guides are bad for salt, it might work for fishing catfish in ponds and shit but there are too many variables for ocean fishing for a single guide to be worth it.
>>
>>897399
Then quit complaining.
>>
>>897403
I only posted once and noone was complaining, why are you so needlessly aggressive for no reason? Must have got the lay off letter today after all the lost buisness from your employers being cucks.
>>
>>897393
I've thought about it, but it would be a sea trout specific guide then, but I stilll feel like im learning new things every time I go fishing. Maybe some time in the future.

I wasn't trying to sound butthurt, I just thought you should be a little more specific in the guide, so it doesn't support this simplified idea of what fishing in salt water means. I understand that the reason people aren't discussing the various ways of fishing in salt water, is that they simply don't fish in salt water. If they prefer fishing in rivers and ponds, then that's completely fine.
>>
Anybody here actually own a boat? What are some equipment that you would recommend besides the obvious? Anything you didn't realize would be good to have until you were out on the water without it? I've bought 3 anchors, a bunch of rope, some battery powered LED lights. Some rod holders. And an emergency flare kit.

I'm thinking of buying a troll motor that has a remote control. It'd make launching easier. I could just back the boat in and drive it to the dock with my remote control. I bought a 17' aluminum bass boat off Craigslist for $3,300. It looks old and trashy but I plan on tearing up the carpet and putting some slip resistant rubber down. Easier to wash off. And probably going to replace the seats as they're old and dry rotted.
>>
>>897399
Completely agree.

I think the guides are a good idea as long as they can be specific about things that are commonly asked in the threads and long as people are using them. So while it could be interesting to show off completely different way of fishing to people here, I just dont think it would be much use.
>>
>>897410
sounds like you got everything you need, maybe some boat bumpers if you plan on docking it anywhere and a nice fish finder down the road but other then that you should be good
>>
>>897399
Even "basic" guides for catfish are bad, especially in rivers. Catching channels is extremely than different than catching blues and flatheads in the rivers around here.

Channel catfish is simple. You can chuck anything out in just about anywhere from deep water in the channel to shallow water on a river bend and catch them. Easy to catch for kids, but I personally don't eat them for the fact that they eat anything and I wouldn't eat them just as I wouldn't eat a raccoon or a mouse.

Blues will only eat cut or live bait. Flatheads only bite on live baits around here. And you got to find them. They aren't just anywhere like channels. I like catching flatheads. They put up a good fight and will try to wrap your line around something underwater so it puts up a bigger challenge.

When it's cold like Winter, I typically drift/troll fish along a contour line trying to find them. In the hotter months I typically follow the bait fish.
>>
File: 54854257425.jpg (23KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
54854257425.jpg
23KB, 337x450px
Can you return rod and reel combos after you've taken the factory line off of them?

I was thinking of starting a review channel on YouTube, because there's hardly any videos of rod and reel combos actually being field tested. It's just some fat fuck sitting in his garage talking about it for 7 months.

Could I buy them, test them out for a video, then return them?

Pic not related. Found Pepsi on Facebook.
>>
>>897419
Don't be a nigger, buying items with the intention of using & returning them is trashy as fuck.
>>
>>897403
I wasn't trying to complain. I just think your guide is doing a disservice to the many multifaceted ways of fishing. Whereas it should broaden people's idea other ways of fishing, it only limits it. But it doesn't really matter since folk aren't interested in it or just unable to fish differently because of where they're at.

If you disagree, then that's fine. I don't wanna argue, I only posted because I wanted to learn more from you and how you're fishing, if it didn't come off that way then my bad...

Im >>897411 >>897407 >>897392 fyi
>>
>>897406
Nah Strike King is still signing the checks.

>>897407
>>897411
Then type something up. The saltwater guide was some UK anon and it was the best that has been posted and didn't come from some furry in Ohio.

I keep asking for people to contribute something simple if they have experience in that area and then when a saltwater one finally goes up then everybody bitches and moans. If we have 10 saltwater guides for people in different areas, that would be great but nobody wants to take 5min to do it and instead they would rather waste half an hour complaining.

>>897424
See above.
>>
>>897419
You are better off contacting the marketing departments of various manufacturers. Then start a business and any purchase you make in relation to it is now tax deductable.
>>
>>897419
Damn, looking super qt peps
>>
>>897419
kill yourself please
>>
>>897440
That won't work unless you already have a subscriber base
>>
>>897419
>>897448
Went to the same doc as Michael Jackson and Bruce Jenner.

>>897449
This is also true. There are so many people on Youtube talking out their asses about gear. It's hard tk take them seriously unless they are a known pro or at least known in your area for having lots of experience on that body of water.
>>
>>897370
X2
Going to try to convince a few grills to go out and then cuddle for warmth
>Snow flurries tonight
>>
>>897481
Like 90% of fishing channels are young millennials that hardly know jack shit and only have a few hundred thousand subscribers because they're attractive and have a fun personality.
>>
File: f5928.png (520KB, 480x700px) Image search: [Google]
f5928.png
520KB, 480x700px
>tfw can't get the thought of my next fishing trip off my mind
>>
>>897358
>>897332
I think I'm in love!
>>
caught this monstrous smelt today, almost couldnt bump it over the rail must have been 2-3lbs
>>
>>897516
Wow I bet that put up a huuuuugeee fight and wasn't like reeling in a snagged shoe
>>
>>897517
Fuck off
>>
>>897517
he catches other fish you know, it's just cool that he caught a SMELT that big.
>>
>>897517
>when a golf course pond dinkmaster gets mad
>>
File: 1479270724710.jpg (117KB, 600x828px) Image search: [Google]
1479270724710.jpg
117KB, 600x828px
>>897517
lel it took probably 10 yards of drag, went on a decent run for a baitfish actually

>>897519
It was 15-16in so just a bit short of the state record
>>
File: skid.jpg (18KB, 655x523px) Image search: [Google]
skid.jpg
18KB, 655x523px
>>897517
>>
File: 20161114_102931.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161114_102931.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>897516
Probably like 1 lb or slightly over

This is my biggest one. The big ones will hit crankbait like lucky craft. Jacksmelt fight is only average in the surf but they can jump. Corbina, croakers are better fighter, especially in the surf since they are accustomed to swimming in shallow water and waves. I heard perch are good fighters for their size too but never caught one. Wsb is also a decent fighter and also tricky since they have soft mouth and easily have the hooks rip out. Worst fighter for their size is halibut, literally no stamina but they can get pretty big.
>>
File: IMG_0728.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0728.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>897488
Yeah I think the last video I searched for was about fishing jigs for bass and the first video was some 14 year old kid with rich parents who bought him a ton of expensive memecasters and between the kid himself and the explanation of everything it was cringe/10.

Where the hell is Mainebub anyway? I rarely watch shit on Youtube but his videos were funny.

>>897517
Seriously. I mean if you guys were consistently catching 40" stripers and 30" snook, I would be down with saltwater despite the minorities but I would rather just go fish a quiet pond if that's a great saltwater fish. Only cool thing is the variety some anons are getting from shore.
>>
>>897517
It's a fucking baitfish. Even then it was probably more entertaining than the half pound mememouth bass you catch.
>>
>>897541
Interesting, I don't catch a lot of smelt here. A lot of perch, BSP and Walleye mostly. The white croaker are thick and annoying when a school moves in on the pier because you can't keep the small ones off your bait. IDK I usually surf fish for perch with light tackle and they really put up a good fight. Just started pier fishing a bit and the two big jacksmelt I've caught like this have been good fighters surprisingly. I've yet to hook up on anything big but I have started to set up a heavier rod and live hook some smaller perch or croaker in hopes of grabbing something bigger
>>
File: piersnooki.jpg (256KB, 1280x1274px) Image search: [Google]
piersnooki.jpg
256KB, 1280x1274px
>>897542
>I mean if you guys were consistently catching 40" stripers and 30" snook

>missed snook season on purpose
>missed the mullet run on purpose

Just because you choose not to go when anons in this thread tell you to go doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Few people leave the pier with out hooking at least one snook when they're in season.

>if that's a great saltwater

It's a baitfish. They aren't supposed to get that big.
>>
>>897542
I consistently catch whiting 2x as large as the bass you post from shore year round and the speckled trout bite all year which are also consistently 16-30 inches long
>>
>>897552
That monster smelt is bigger than his pond dinks. When people are catching baitfish bigger than the bass you catch you know you suck at fishing.
>>
>>897554
>bass
>baitfish

When does this thread ever discuss real fish?
>>
File: 1416093586599.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1416093586599.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>897552
>>897554
people just mad that you can catch just about any saltwater fish with extremely limited tackle when they drop >1k USD a year in bass tackle to catch pond dinks. Really makes you think
>>
File: 1476927449773.png (224KB, 302x351px) Image search: [Google]
1476927449773.png
224KB, 302x351px
>>897561
I agree but part of the fun is using a variety of lures to catch the bass.

I love saltwater but constantly cutting bait and having bait fish scales cover every square inch of tackle and clothing gets old.

I've gotten to the point where I'm only using lures saltwater fishing unless I have had a long....long dry spell or can't get anything without using live bait or cut bait.

There is something satisfying about finding suspended bass or bass off the bottom in 30 feet of water and hooking them on some random setup you have been trying to get right for a month or years.

Lake bass and smallmouth specifically are much more fun than pond bass in my opinion. Pond bass can all be caught with a senko rigged wacky, mojo, texas, or Carolina at all times of the year if you use varying sizes and color and fluorocarbon line.

It's kind of silly sometimes how easy pond bass are to catch.....until you can't catch them. Then it makes you question everything you know when you gilet skunked on a pond you know is packed after you have tried multiple patterns and techniques.

Flipping sea walls is basically saltwater bass fishing because you catch a lot of small snook and reds and jack.

A bait fish pattern senko or stik-o works well in saltwater. Get the silver black top with white bottom half. Use a gamagatsu superline thick ewg hook so it doesn't bend out. Much better than fighting with treble hooks stuck in a violently shaking jack crevalle.
>>
>>897568
I hardly ever use cut bait man, jigheads and gulp shrimp are what I catch 99% of my fish on.

Exception is when I go for whiting, then I use sand fleas but they don't really get you dirty.
>>
File: wrT6bSu.jpg (826KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
wrT6bSu.jpg
826KB, 3024x4032px
>>897568
I also dislike cutbait, I use a lot of plastics for my saltwater fishing. Berkeley gulp sandworms are easily the most productive thing I fish with, but I also use two or three colors and brands of paddletail grubs.

I also like jigs and spoons, very simple and a nice active method of fishing. I buy jig blanks and tie stinger hooks to them.

I also have a fly vise so I will be making my own sabiki rigs in spare time when I don't have anything better to do.

Saltwater is slow on the westcoast right now, surf is too dangerous for anything too fun with no boat and the pier has been pretty dead except for dinks. When the surf is a bit calmer cliff and surf fishing are options
>>
>>897576
What size jighead and shrimp do you use?
>>
Damn you guys are all retarded.
>saltwater baitfish or tiny bass?
Exciting
>>
>>897550
Maybe by then I will find a good spot not full of minorities.

>>897552
Cool. Keep it up. Post pics too so all the other people who fish saltwater and pull up a couple 10" fish after a whole day on the pier have something to aspire to.

>>897561
>so salty with that arbitrary number

Any day I would rather cast around at a quiet pond and catch little bass with a chance for a nice peacock instead of watching bait soak while being surrounded by annoying ass people catching baitfish with a chance of a decent Pompano or whatever passes by.
>>
>>897587
Just go to a beach and shore fish there are tons of beaches on every coastal state with varying levels of foot traffic. Steep shore beaches are the easiest to fish.
>>
>>897542
It's great for the species it is. It would be like you catching a mayan over 1 pound.
>>
>>897588
I gotta check a topo map or something. I'm wondering if the beaches drop off quick. I was talkin to a dude tonight at the beach and he was casting a big Spooltek tryin to get a snook but wasn't getting shit. I had my stuff in the car and was about to go out there for a couple min but just went home beacuse work.
>>
>>897578
1/8th oz and i guess the medium/biggest ones? I don't have a pack here with me but I just use whichever one walmart has. Ever only noticed one size.
>>
>>897591
Google earth gives a decent enough idea of what to expect. I'd recommend starting with a Carolina rig and a Berkeley gulp saltwater bait or pieces of shrimp
>>
>>897591

I'm still supposed to go out to del rey with a guy who works for me. He swears that that's the best spot to shore fish on the east coast of FL, I'll report back after I try it out.

Seriously though, if you can spend a weekend in the keys you can drop a chicken rig with shrimp and squid and pull in snapper and grunters all evening long, bonnetheads too and they're pretty fun to reel in.
>>
>>897587
>Pepsi is either the biggest gag in this thread or an amazing t troll
I live in Ohio and gargle cock but at least I go innasalt
>>
File: imag_.jpg (68KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
imag_.jpg
68KB, 960x960px
>>
File: imag_10.jpg (71KB, 860x484px) Image search: [Google]
imag_10.jpg
71KB, 860x484px
>>
>>897456
How do you do this every time? You even replied in the same post realizing that you were in the wrong thread.
>>
When buying a rod&reel combo, will a spinning rod be better quality for the same price as a baitcaster?

Looking to drop $200 AUD this weekend and want my moneys worth,
>>
>>897655
Spinning rod? No, they are always like the exact same thing. A St. Croix Mojo Bass spinning rod is $120, and the exact same rod made for a baitcaster is $120.

If you're talking about reels, then sort of. $100 will get you a nice mid-high range spinning reel while a $100 baitcaster is like mid-low. But it's hard to compare them because if you need a baitcaster for whatever fishing you are trying to do, a $100 baitcaster will work better for you than a $100 spinning reel.
>>
>>897674
Just wanting something new to play with.

Buying a 'yak this saturday. Might buy a new spinning combo. Don't think it's a good idea to try out a baitcaster and whilst dealing with a yak with very little experience.
>>
File: IMG_1135.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1135.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>897681
Idk, the memecasters are bretty fun but I figured you were an aussie so not sure what you are fishing for. If you are casting lots of 1/4oz-1oz (7g-30g) lures, give it a try. The learning curve isn't that bad, it just takes a couple trips to really dial in the brakes and tension and get the casting motion down.

And you don't have to spend $200 just to get a baitcaster that will work. I have the two Abus, a $60 reel and a $160 reel. The $160 reel is lighter and a little more smooth but I honestly still like the $60 Silver Max. I haven't had any issues with it and the magnetic brakes are easy to use. Plus the Silver Max seems to be more forgiving if you don't dial the brakes and tension in exactly right. The Revo SX is so light and sensitive that I have to make sure it is set up just perfectly when I swap out lures.

Overall, no complaints with 2 years od the cheaper memecaster.
>>
>>897684
$200 is the left over cash from the kayak i'm buying.

Learning to cast with a BC won't be an issue. It's often too hot here to fish, so i'll be bored enough to go cast a sinker into a bucket in the backyard a few times a day to really get my eye in.

Think i'll go with a spinner set up. Looks like there's a few shmano combo's in my price range. Love their cycling gear, so wanting to check out the fishing side of the company.
>>
>>897591
>I was talkin to a dude tonight at the beach and he was casting a big Spooltek tryin to get a snook but wasn't getting shit.

He's a dumbass. The snook are all gone, he wasn't gonna get shit.
>>
Are there any lightweight sensitive rods around the price of an Ugly Stik GX2 (<$50) for trout?
>>
>>897708
Check out the Berkley Lightning Rods. Even Walmart carries them but idk if they will have the size you want but Bass Pro has a ton of them in any size. Fenwick Eagles are about $50 too and are nice for the money.

Otherwise a few people here have the Okuma SST UL rods and they are supposed to be nice but I think they are a little more than the Ugly Stiks.

>>897694
Yeah depends what you want honestly. I already have a bunch of spinning setups so I was ready to try something different. What are you lookin at for Shimano? I would love to get a Stradic one day. You don't get the most fancy stuff on a budget with Shimano but anything you buy will work well for years to come.
>>
>>897612
So what happened here? Bass took lure, pike strikes while he reels in but the pike refuses to open its jaw?
>>
>>897721
I think it's a walleye.

But yeah that's crazy they would hang on to the fish that long.
>>
>>897721
That's a Walleye

I caught a Muskie like that exact it was a rock bass that took my bait not a Walleye

>>897722
It's surprisingly not that uncommon
>>
File: IMG_3585.png (3MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3585.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
JUST
>>
File: IMG_0997.png (636KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0997.png
636KB, 640x1136px
>>897741
>>
File: image.png (552KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
552KB, 640x1136px
>>897742
Jealous
>>
File: IMG_3582.jpg (2MB, 3132x2219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3582.jpg
2MB, 3132x2219px
>>897742
>>897744
Actually not at all. I love the snow. Just gotta take a few weeks off fishing now to let the lakes freezes. I've been rippin around the field all morning
>>
>>897711
>Okuma SST UL rods
pretty close to $50-60 full retail. $40-50 on sale for up to 7'6"
I'm looking at these as well. Dick's was a bust, they had shit. Might get to Bass Pro today.
>>
File: JUST.png (31KB, 628x604px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
31KB, 628x604px
>>897744
JUST
>>
>>897758
did you guys up there even get any substantial snow? down here by Syracuse we got over a foot and its still comin down hard
>>
>>897762
5ish inches so far, still coming down hard. I don't think we're gonna get the forecast 10-14 inches, thank god.
>>
>>897748
Damn that's not bad at all. I thought they were like $70-$80. I might have to grab one of those for that little Sienna reel I have.

I had it on that 5' Ugly Stik UL and I had to swap it out for some other 5'6" light Shakespeare rod I had laying around. Ugly Stiks already have terrible action and I honestly think that rod is just degrading from years of use. It's so bad that if you just hold it out horizontal with no weight at all, the tip will bend down a little bit and it is impossible to cast anything well. And that Shakespeare rod is some cheap graphite something I had for years and years but feels way better than the Ugly Stik does.
>>
Does Tracker make decent bass boats for their price point? Wanting an aluminum boat because there's lots of timber and rocks in the waters I fish. Thinking of either a Tracker bass boat or a small 16-18' pontoon that would be easy to maneuver.
>>
>>897788
Ive been watching every boat that gets posted on my local craigslist for the last few months and for some reason those little Tracker boats are always overpriced for what they are. If you're patient enough you should be able to find one in decent shape for a reasonable price.
>>
>>897788
They're very basic but they're not bad. Id go for a new one because they're old boats they used rivets instead of welding. I don't know what year they stopped doing that stupid shit.

My Uncle owns one of their deep v models and I love it. Its a deep v so we can take it out in the bay but it also sits high in the water so we take it in 5 foot flats as well for bass fishing.
>>
>>897797
Tracker boats are the Honda of boats. Not really luxury or full of features but they're solid boats and people love to modify. Then they think they can sell it including all the modifications in the value. Like some nigger who thinks his 1500 Honda civic is worth 5000 because it has rims and a sound system.

If you can find a tracker boat for cheap that hasn't had a 100 holes drilled it in for rod holders and shit then go for it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-21-12-32-52.png (525KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-21-12-32-52.png
525KB, 1920x1080px
I just bought this berkley shad in 3 1/2 inch (9 cm) Because i want to fish a monster trout. Do you guys think will work?
>>
File: 1475375634996.jpg (36KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1475375634996.jpg
36KB, 380x380px
>>897816
I caught a 20.5" rainbow trout in a small lake off a mill worm live bait when I was a kid. My Grandparents got it mounted for me. They still have it somewhere even though it's fallen off the wall multiple times over the years and looks like shit. It was a kid's fishing tournament at a small stocked lake with a Smokey The Bear mascot there. I won and got a new fishing rod. Even though it was a shitty Walmart kid's rod, it was my best fishing experience probably ever, besides the 37lb flathead catfish I caught when I was 8. I remember my Uncle took the rod from me when he realized it was a big one and I cried like a baby until he gave it back. Took me about 20 minutes to real it in. Biggest fish caught by a person under 12 in the river at that time. Got my picture taken and it's still up on the wall at the seafood restaurant/bait and tackle store by the river.

Now I'm 22. Grandparents retired and sold their boats. Uncle has his own family now and is all "mature" and shit and doesn't fish anymore. Nobody else in my family really fishes. Feels lonely. Not many people my age go fishing.
>>
File: image.jpg (184KB, 640x832px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 640x832px
just exited the tackle shop
>>
>>897711
should be dropping close to 1k on saturday. SO gonna see if I can snag a deal in there. Never been to the place so not sure how it'll go.

But any of the shimano reels. Just gonna ask the bloke what works well around here.

Trouble is, there's plenty of 1-3kg fish in our rivers. But there is always those big cod floating around too. So you're stuck with the dilemma of over sized gear for a lot of your fishing, or losing out of a big muzza cod.
Do other countries have legal limit sizes that include both lower and upper bound measurements? With Cod, it has to be in a fairly small range (forget exactly what it is, 500 to 700mm maybe?).
>>
>>897865
>Do other countries have legal limit sizes that include both lower and upper bound measurements?

Here in America it's called a "slot limit"
>>
>>897816
Trout will hit crankbaits sometimes, I'd say your chances are good as long as there are big enough trout in that area.
>>
Well I work with an ex professional fly fishing guide
It's Hella
>>897619
It was already typed, I was there, and this right here amuses me
>>897721
It's surprisingly common
I Try dahlberg had caught muskie on suckers with no hook
>>
File: 574425725745784.jpg (290KB, 1843x1382px) Image search: [Google]
574425725745784.jpg
290KB, 1843x1382px
Forgot my cigarettes at home so asked a stranger for a smoke. He had Newports (he was a nigger so of course only niggers smoke Newports). Smoked about half before I became nauseous and vomited.

What the fuck is this shit Pepsi? How do you smoke it and not something good like American Spirit?
>>
File: IMG_1064.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1064.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>898002
>American Spirit
How is that yeast infection? The meds working?
>>
>>898002
>Smoked about half
>became nauseous and vomited.
I'd call you a homo but I'm a homo and I can handle my terbacky just fine. No chance you could cut it sucking cocks if you can't even smoke a Newport.

You're literally more limpwristed of heart than a screaming homo.
>>
>>898007
Are you drunk or is English not your first language?
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>old lyin' peps will never listen to the anons in this thread and go when people say the saltwater conditions are good
Sad!
>>
>>898009
You're a pussy, some poeple might call you a homo, but I won't because I'm a homo and can handle smoking cigarettes no problem. So you're more of a limpwristed snowflake than a homo. Also, anecdotally, if your stomach is so weak you can't even hold down a Newport there's no chance you could handle cock. Ergo, you're quite a nancy.
>>
File: IMG_2508.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2508.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>898007
Non-menothols are gross as fuck tho, tastes like smoking cocks.
>>
>>898014
I think non-menthols are fine, but neither are tasty as cocks* ^_^

*washed, young, non-fatty
>>
>>898012
American Spirit is the most pure tobacco you can get though. Its 36% free base nicotine. No other brand is even 10%. Likely he was referring to the taste and not handling smoking.
>>
File: IMG_2371.gif (13KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2371.gif
13KB, 300x350px
>>898012
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2995px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2995px
I've always wanted to try these
>>
>>897824
im going to try with mill worm bait too, and dont be sad anon, im also 22, i like to fish alone sometimes. Other times i fish with péople i met in facebook, they are cool and we get along.

>>897981
I have fished trout with crankbaits, but with smaller ones, one day a trout attack a rapala shad rap (kinda of big) but my fucking knot snaped.
>>
File: IMG_0673.jpg (73KB, 564x711px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0673.jpg
73KB, 564x711px
Black Friday is almost here! Anybody else tryin to get in on the F&T Secret Santa?
>>
>>898049
My go to trout crank is a rebel tracdown 2", shiny gold with trout spots. I also have a really little yo zuri pins minnow that I just got and so far hooked a small trout but it threw the bait.

https://youtu.be/KAPvaylFiIg
>>
>>897748
Pissed at BPS, went armed with a huge chuck of cash and a $75 gift card, left with nothing. No 1 pc 7' or 7'6" UL or L, only 1 2pc 7'6" UL, didn't see any 7' 2pc L
Everything they had was ML and heavier out of thousands of rods
Guess I'm looking online.
>>
>>898030
Good stuff, I prefer the Ballistic Missile you don't have pic'd. I'll try to post one tomorrow.
The rangers have a great action.
>>
>>898053
I work black Friday
And the dicks discount is only valid in store
Lol fuck me right
>>898018
Yeah the taste is shit on cigs
Personally I prefer a cigar once in a blue moon
I never but them; it's always a friend offering
>>
File: IMG_1216.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1216.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>898030
>>898063
I think the pic is a 3oz, not 1.5
Thing kicks ass but occasionally will get the hook wrapped on the leader and feel like a hit.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-09-19-59-49.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-09-19-59-49.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
>>897358
Fuck this fishing thread. Stop making them. Its not even talkin about fishing any more. Just faggots reposting the same images talking about some pointless shit like how skids a fag.
>>
>>898078
>talking about some pointless shit
You make it sound like that's a bad thing...
>>
>>898078
Yea like 1/4 the time it's the regulars talking about something random but there is plenty of good advice that I myself have gotten.

I've never seen anyone hear not want to talk about fishing at least
>>
>>898007
>>898017
>>898012
this is why noone likes faggots, kys.
>>
File: arsenal.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
arsenal.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Here's the setups I currently have put together. Looking to add a light to medium light spinning rod in between the ultralight and the medium. Maybe another memecaster far down the road.
>>
File: Picture 180.jpg (258KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 180.jpg
258KB, 640x480px
>>898060
Its like this one?
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>898078
Y so mad
>>
>>897711
ended up buying a memecaster. Went into the other local tackle and hunting shop. INstead of some old bastard who refuses to leave the counter. I got an old bastard who very kindly showed me the basics of how to cast a batcaster, how to cast a CF rod, and how to look after them. And a bunch of other stuff.

He also told me to come back in a few days and to buy some braid (bought cheap mono to practise casting) and he'll show me how to tie braid correctly.

Also gave me a few secret spots where the fish are actually fairly active even with all the shitty water (floods, no oxygen. black and dirty).

AND, his lures are cheaper than or the same price as online retailers. I'm blown away. Good service + prices.

Super happy. But now I'm $50 short of the kayak i want, that's in the next town over.
>>
File: IMG_5051.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5051.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>898114
The one on the bottom is the one I use most. The one on top got me a nice lake rainbow but I don't use it as much. What I really like about it is the wide swimming action at a slow retrieve speed.
>>
>>898117
No idea what i was worried about. One birdsnest as i was setting the magnetic brake. Walked backwards through the house and across the road and it was solved.

A few little ones after that, but it's pretty easy. Got the magnetic brake set pretty high, but that'll probably go down. Landing a sinker within 2ft2 of a cooking pot. So about as accurate as I am with a spinner. Would be easier, ut it's over cast and i can't see the grey sinker to thumb the lure when i'm close.
>>
>>898115
why such shitty fish
>>
>>897824
That's weird my friends have always been semi "outdoorsy" (we camped couple of times at most). Now suddenly we all fish and go camping all the time. I love it, i'm buying an entry rod and some other camping gear. Just a matter of finding friends who do it. How is outdoorsy stuff immature? Anyway hang in there anon I'm 24 and just got into it, you'll find other like minded people.
>>
>>898078
Nust wanto point out that the skid talk is not pointless.

He is a literal furfag AND the biggest fan of fly fishing in these threads.

If that is not a HUGE public service warning about the dangers of fly fishing, I don't know what is.
>>
>>898125
>>898117
That's the best when you find a local place with dudes who know the fishing spots and won't try to upsell you on everything at ridiculous prices.

I did braid from the start with my memecasters and I don't regret it. I had one nest that I had to cut out a bit but besides that I can always untangle them. When I got that Revo set up I wanted to play with it right away and went to the lake at night and that was a mistake. But now I can just tell by the cast when I need to thumb the spool so it will get better. You gotta get it on the water and try it out with different types of lures and different weights and see how the reel likes to be set up for different stuff.

Wut rod n reel?
>>
File: IMG_0459.jpg (51KB, 520x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0459.jpg
51KB, 520x425px
>>898184
Kek. I could see fly fishing being fun when the Mayans and bluegill are feeding on bugs in the summer. I could also see vaping as a good alternative to smoking all these Newports.

But both fanbases are unbearable so I couldn't do it.
>>
>>898188
Just buy a 6 weight and flyfish then
You'll love it
Then ignore the fan base (order flies online and such) then target /dinkbass on streamers and Mayans on foam beetles or ants or whatever
Go on fucking candles get the wind river/there forks combo, some 9' 1x or 2x tippets, and some foam ants, foam hoppers, and some cheap streamers
you'll be into fly fishing and cheap
>>
File: 20160904_070525.jpg (1MB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20160904_070525.jpg
1MB, 2048x1350px
>>898209
Cabelas* fucking phone
>>898184
Hey my fly fishing and fur faggotry are separate and unrelated
>>
>>898188
How much do you smoke a day?

I smoke American Spirits and smoke 5 a day
>>
>>897588
This.

90% of all my salty catches we're at the beach this year and where I fish, people usually give you space and only interact with you in passing. My only gripe with it is the swarms of biting insects in the wee hours of the morning. Shame DEET washes off so easily.
>>
>>898184
I fly fish and I'm married to a woman 9 years younger than I am. I do not own, nor wish to own a fursuit.

While it may turn you into a pompous, holier than thou asshole, I do not believe fly fishing is related to furfaggotry. However, I am not ready to dismiss pedophilia.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1479825923337.jpg (27KB, 475x274px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479825923337.jpg
27KB, 475x274px
What kind of trout is this?
>>
>>898249
golden rainbow trout
>>
>>898238
The only time I have problems with biting insects is on the rock jetty after dark. Absolutely disgusting.

People here will generally keep a decent distance but you definitely have to check before every cast in town. When you catch a fish people might come up and ask a question but I'm not a complete antisocial so it /usually/ doesn't bother me. If I drive 20 minutes north or south I can get secluded beaches with nobody else or very few people.
>>
File: IMG_3589.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3589.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Pepsi are these those little baits you always say you wish you knew where to find them? They look a little bit smaller then what I remember younposting but looks about the same shape and profile
>>
where's the best place to look for panfish?
>>
>>898294
Holy shit post the whole box. They are like the size of a nickel
>>
>>898306
Yeah that's about how big they were. I didn't get a picture of the whole thing so I can't remember what they were called now lmao. They had them at Herb Phillipson for $3.99
>>
How much should you spend on a lure before the price point just becomes consumerism? And what about other gear? Is a $400 spinning reel really better than a $100 reel?
>>
>>898338

Diminishing returns. My $1000 guitar is head over heels better than my first $100 guitar. My friends $4000 guitar is slightly better than my $1000 guitar.
>>
>>898338
>Is a $400 spinning reel really better than a $100 reel?
Absolutely yes

BUT a $1000 spinning real is not markedly better than a $400 one
>>
>>898338
Unless you are doing some specialized form of fishing I think $200 is the cut off point for spinning reels. $500 fully sealed Van Staals are definitely worth it if you do skishing or jetty fishing.
>>
>>898249
The snack that smiles back
>>
>>898186
Yeah. He was pretty great. I was 10 minutes getting back to trade school and missed out on eating. But the demo's were worth it. H eeven went through and explained the difference between the rod I was getting and a $250 rod. No trying to sell it, but just so i knew where my money was going.

It's a Catana 510 baitcaster 3-6kg LW. Curada reel. Apparently it's the new rod.

He also guesed my trade correctly, and so explained the strength and characteristics (and the manufacturing process) of my rod to a fairly high level which was nice. Guess I stank like a welder.

Made up for locking my keys in the ute that morning,

It's perhaps a little shorter than i would of liked (below 5'8 but not sure what exactly), but that should be nice on the boat. Other than if i get circled by the fish,
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 320x238px
>>898149
>thinks fishing is just about the fish
>>
>>898371
caenan 150a, not a curado. My bad.
>>
Ay yo
Im back from USA.
I picked up a bag of these while there:
http://www.berkley-fishing.com/berkley-bait-soft-bait-berkley-gulp/gulp-swimming-mullet/1285442.html#start=10
Way cheaper than Croatia at that third outdoors store that isnt Dicks or BPS. Cant remember the name,

Now i am looking for how should i best rig them. Texas?
>>
>>898387
Ofc i forget to trip
>>
>>898387
Gander Mountain?

I'd put those on a jig head myself
>>
>>898387
I use them on a jig head or swimbait hook depending on how I'm fishing them
>>
File: IMG_0980.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0980.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>898387
I just use a jighead or underspin or use them as a trailer on a spinnerbait or jig.
>>
Well I spent 4 hours anywhere from knee to hip deep in frigid water chasing pike on fly and didn't get a bite and didn't see a single fish other than a 10 inch creek chub that was hanging out in 5 inches of water that I nearly stepped on
>>898249
Golden trout
Mutation of a rainbow
>>898304
Water, usually
>>898396
Been wondering where you went
You in for the fishing secret santa?
>>
>>898400
No not that one...Maybe its specific to NOLA/Lousiana area?
Wait maybe i have the reciept.
BTW Dicks reciepts are a mile fucking long. FOR ONE FUCKING ITEM.

Alright. Im hard pressed to find jigheads that dont have a thicc lead base of the hook which comes into the actual lead head, which really fucks up the soft bait im tryna rig.

>>898410
Ayy, i came back for a post or two a while back while you were AWOL or something. IDR
I take 4chan in doses. I am on here all day every day for a few months, then not at all for the following few.
Was catching some snapper in the MexiGulf
Uhhh whats fishing secret memeta?
>>
>>898410
It's gonna be a pain in the ass for Yuros to get in, as well as aussies unless there are a handful of them so prices and shipping isn't terrible
>>
>>898416
redfish magic/DOA jigheads have a thinnest shanks of any I've found but are kind of expensive at $5/3 jigheads
>>
First time a cop ever pulled me over on my boat. I guess they're cops. Boat cops. They're snoopy as fuck. He went through every storage locker on my boat. He then got back on his boat and said sorry for the interruption have a nice day.

What the fuck was this shit? Did somebody call the cops on me?
>>
>>898416
U need some underspins for dem Gulps jeezy
>>
>>898427
Game warden most likely, they have the right to search your vehicle and any ice chests/containers etc to make sure that you are harvesting slot sized fish/game with the appropriate lawful gear.

They just stop people randomly on some days, noone called them on you.
>>
>>898427
This >>898429

And even boat cops, not game wardens, will roll you and check for all your safety equipment and make sure you aren't piss drunk. That is a big problem lots of places. And depending on body of water they could be lookin for poaching or smuggling.
>>
>>898428
Ill try and find those but i doubt it. Wish i knew that back stateside.

>>898420
Not in USA.
We don't get real good shit here. Gulp itself is expensive. But ill try to track something down.
>>
File: IMG_1004.png (623KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1004.png
623KB, 640x1136px
>>898436
I don't think underspins are exactly uncommon. Even Walmarts have them around here.
>>
>>898432
I'm pretty sure it was a cop not game warden. Unless game wardens on bodies of water dress differently than the ones I run into on national forests while hunting. I suppose he was checking to make sure I had life jackets and proper safety gear. But I've been going out on boats since I was a little boy and never recall them doing random checks.
>>
>>898440
Since you're on 4chan, I'm assuming you look like a serial killer and the cop was trying to catch you before you could dump the semen covered body of a 12 year old boy.
>>
>>898442
Implying it wouldn't be a 12 year old girl from the Philippines

This is also moonshine country so it could be that. But why the fuck would somebody transporting moonshine stop to go fishing?
>>
>>898439
I never see just the spinner, only time I've seen underspins for sale it's part of a set and never for anything larger than a small beetle spin.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>898448
Ehh the panfish ones seem to be the most popular. I see these white 1/4oz ones all over but they are overpriced and stores want $5-$6 each so I refuse to buy them when the 1/8oz ones are like $3 for a 6pk.

I still want to try out those spinners I got from Dick's over the weekend. They were on clearance for $1.50 and I think they will be great with the Gulp. Their bigger than Beetle Spins so not panfish size, but smaller profile than most spinnerbaits so I think it will work better when the fish don't have a huge appetite or are a little slower because of the warm water.
>>
File: IMG_1005.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1005.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>898459
And this small chartruese and black Pond Magic spinnerbait has been the best regular spinner for bass that I have ever used.
>>
>>898439
Never seen them in any tackle shop in California
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>898478
I guarantee they are there and you just haven't noticed them. Just look in the panfish section near the small soft baits if they aren't by the jigheads.
>>
have a strong desire to go catch a slab

need to find some new places to fish
>>
File: image.jpg (366KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
366KB, 750x1334px
So when I was in Austin stuck in traffic I decided to stop by Cabelas (which is damn near identical to the one by me) and Bass Pro and I bought one of these little spooks. It ibviously works, but it's strange. To walk it I have to almost have a tight line and let the line do the work walking. If I load up my rod at all it just flies out of the water. Besides that I really like these. Very subtle.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>898511
That one was just over 3lbs. Now this little spot was funny.

>I casted once and he blew up on it and I set the hook bc i I couldn't see the lure anymore
>lure flies out of water
>reel in
>cast same spot
>same thing happens
>cast a 3rd time
>fish on

I'm glad I can finally tell the difference between spotted and LMB cause it was bothering my autism.
>>
>>898515
Hate to break it to you but thats a LMB. A spots mouth doesn't extend past the back of the eye.
>>
File: IMG_1008.png (2MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1008.png
2MB, 640x1136px
That Shimano is a good deal if anybody is lookin for a reasonably priced spinning reel. Those things rarely go on sale.

That Johnny Morris Titanium combo is gonna be on sale for $199 off of $270, damn I wish I didn't have to buy gifts for other people.
>>
>>898517
No. It definitely is a spot. The mouth is much smaller than a LMB. The pattern on it is different. And it had a rough patch on its tongue. I promise you it's a spot.
>>
>>898341
perfectly phrased
>>
>>898427
I've only been pulled over once, no search but we weren't fishing. My kid was tubing. Just before sunset.
Wife was spotting but slouched down in the seat and they wanted to check that the spotter was over 13 yrs old. Literally a 20 second interaction.
>>
>>898519
That is a great deal. Gonna look nice under my tree
>>
>>898531
It's not and stop being stubborn. Just because the mouth might be smaller than other LMB you have caught which could easily be from a different genetic strain is meaningless. If the mouth extends past the back of the eye is is NOT a spot.

>pattern
Don;t even try to go that route. Not only do the patterns between spots, LMB, and SMB overlap but their patterns change depending on the time of the year, the structure/cover the fish is living in, and the temperature of the water.

>rough patch on tongue
some LMB have them, some don't Some SMB and spots have two patches, some don't. Again, genetic strains. If it had two patches you might have a case but it doesn;t and you don't.

Corner of the mouth in relation to the back of the eye and cheek scales are how you tell them apart. Everything else overlaps to some degree between the two species.
>>
>>898539
It's a 6-day sale so I think thru the weekend
>>
>>898481
Sorry, you're wrong, I know the tackle shops in my area. There's no panfish sections either. They just aren't common here. I've specifically gone in looking for underspins because you've posted them and they look dank
>>
>>898519
I absolutely love my sahara, you should all buy one
>>
File: m2P6eA.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
m2P6eA.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Got off work early and fished the beach. Landed a few perch, no personal best but I got about 8 perch and it was an absolutely beautiful day. Pic related.

>tfw you cant post panorama pics

>>898552
BTW I also have a Shimano Sedona and a Shimano Stradic, a step below and a step above the Sahara. The Sahara is the one I'd buy again if they all broke which they wont.
>>
>>898544
Nah senpai I'm pretty sure it's a spot
>>
File: IMG_4539.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4539.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>898582
Here is a spotted bass.
>>
File: IMG_4531.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4531.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>898582
>>
>>898592
That's like the exact same thing

Me being a stubborn asshole aside, what I caught would've had to been a hybrid. LMB don't have patches on their tongue or a connected dorsal fin which that one had.

I do realize legally it would be considered a lmb
>>
How small is too small for hooks? I think i got like size 10 hooks that go well with nightcrawlers- like a few passes on the hook and you only have the perfect amount of hook exposed. Like the size of my thumb or the size of one of the three hooks on a treble.

Does it limit my hookups with larger fish at all?
>>
File: IMG_4586.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4586.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>898603
Ok I'll admit it could have some genetic mixture from spotted bass in there.
>>
>>898605
Well there are a few downside for small hook on big fishes

The big fish might swallow the whole hook
The big fish can potentially bend/break the small hook if it is strong enough
>>
>>898605
It's easier for fish to throw smaller hooks relative to their size.
>>
>>898605
hooks too large will limit what will strike them or the bait that fits. hooks to small will stress, bend, tear through lips easier. Target the water your fishing, what lives in it.
You wouldn't through 2# mono if your target was big bass or catfish. You wouldn't throw 30# mono and 1/0 hooks for trout.
>>
Finally fucking did it. After 4 weeks 50 hours andthousands of casts. First fish in 10 years. First fish on a lure. Second cast into the water of a baitcaster. Well and truly stoked
>>
>>898686
Pics
>>
File: 20161123_173743-2124x1195.jpg (641KB, 2124x1195px) Image search: [Google]
20161123_173743-2124x1195.jpg
641KB, 2124x1195px
>>898691
So i get there and its choppy as fuck. Blowing a gale.
>>
File: 20161123_170900-1195x2124.jpg (833KB, 1195x2124px) Image search: [Google]
20161123_170900-1195x2124.jpg
833KB, 1195x2124px
>>898707
But i walk a few kms to my 'the one that got away' spot.
>>
File: 20161123_164810-1195x2124.jpg (715KB, 1195x2124px) Image search: [Google]
20161123_164810-1195x2124.jpg
715KB, 1195x2124px
>>898708
Two casts between the snag and the bank where some flood water trickles into the river. Same spot as last time.

Bang. Hits my spinner hard maybe 5 meters from where i am. After i land him, i find that he has seallowed my 100+mm lure entirely. Took around 2 minuted to get it out, destroying the lure almosy entirely in the process.
>>
Anyone into deep drop fishing or long line fishing? Or is mostly freshwater fishing here?
>>
>>898478
Lol. They sell them all over ca. People use them forr stripers and lmb
>>
>>898686
Noice

>>898551
Wut kind of half assed tackle shop are you going to? The gas station near the pier that sells frozen bait?
>>
what's a good pair of gloves for fishing?
>>
>>898710
What species of fish is that?
>>
>>898774
Been wondering this too. I need something to keep my hands warm when the water is 40 degrees and it's windy. Last time I fished in those conditions I had to keep taking 5 min brakes where I just on my hands to regain feeling in them. I'm thinking probably some fingerless gloves so I can still bait hooks and mend knots that might occur
>>
>>898714
Define long line fishing
>>
>>898784
>>898774
Anything wool and fingerless
What I use is those military surplus glove mitten things. They're just wool but the index finger and thumb are separate, and I cut the tips off of those.
If I'm fly fishing I keep nice warm gloves in my pack and warm up now and then (I set the pack down, take off my gloves put them in the pack, walk 100 yards up and watch my pack as I fish back down, come out, move the pack with my gloves on, repeat)
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>898784
>>898791
I'm thinking something with fingertips that can be taken off like pic related would be best and maybe some sort of nylon outer
>>
It is really cold out. Should I fish today? Are worms ez to find in the cold?
>>
File: 1475321171139.jpg (103KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
1475321171139.jpg
103KB, 1000x746px
Fuck Winter weather. I enjoy spending weekends pulling all nighters cat fishing. Now it's cold and windy as fuck and the fishies aren't biting even in the day time. I couldn't even catch a bluegill. Typically in this river you cast a little worm under a dock anywhere and you'll get a bite within 30 seconds. Waited 5 minutes and got nothing.

Is it cold down south?
>>
>>898794
Those look real nice
Neoprene? Neoprene is pretty warm and waterproof
I need to get some gloves like that for fly fishing, I can take them off if I have to tie a knot
>>
We need rod warmers so by holding the rod you simply get warm hands

Shill it on fishing channels and viola rich
>>
>>898806
Yeah that's exactly what I like about that design (don't have a pair but would love to get some preferably available at Dick's so I could get them ASAP) you don't have to take them off every time you need to tie a knot

>>898808
Get some of those hand warmers for hunting and rubber band them to your rod handle
>>
>>898813
No a little electric thing
9 volt battery and some Velcro, it straps to any rod handle
But my problem with that style is the finger tips will pool with water while I'm stripping line
I am thinking about ordering five gloves off amazon
>>
File: image.png (660KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
660KB, 750x1334px
>>898804
>Is it cold down south?

Lel
>>
>>898780
That's a Murray Cod I think. It's an Australian fish.
>>
>>898749
No, local bait shops mostly and an outdoor store chain that is pretty shit tier. Dismal selection across most of my area. I could get them if I drove a 2hr round trip inland to go to dicks / bass pro but they are not carried anywhere near me on the coast
>>
>>898827
I used to live in Southwest Arlington off Little Road. I worked at Pitney Bowes and after ~3 months there they had me training new hires which means basically I got paid to stand around and watch Mexican people work.

How hard would it be to get a supervisor position at a factory without any experience? I really want to move back. Texas is the greatest place I've ever lived.

I moved up to Virginia to be back with family but there isn't shit here to work for that pays well without a 4 year degree. Been getting paid $11/hour to do distribution general labor and they've turned me down every time I ask about advancing. I guess white privilege isn't as good up here.
>>
>>898857
>How hard would it be to get a supervisor position at a factory without any experience? I really want to move back.

I dunno. There's a couple distribution centers in dfw you could try since you have at least some experience there. You'd probably have to work on the floor for a couple months I would imagine. You could also use this time since you're close to your family to learn a trade. Ive heard mechanics certs aren't terribly hard to get.

>Texas is the greatest place I've ever lived.
There really is something special about. I'm worried all the pretty places are going to get super populated though. All the cities are growing and it stresses me the fuck out. I feel like I'm going to get old watching my favorite places get developed on.

I was showing my dad where I was fishing in Austin and he was telling me there used to not be any houses for a couple miles there. Now it's right in the middle of neighborhoods. At least they were nice neighborhoods I guess.
>>
>>898891
I'd like to live on the outskirts of DFW. I never got the chance to travel much else where. I knew a Mexican girl from Weslaco that I was going to drive down to fuck but that would be a waste of gas for a Mexican girl.

I just remember everybody there being so nice. Up here people are completely trash.Cashiers in grocery stores just give you the death stare while ringing up your shit. In Texas, I'd see people sitting on the hood of their Lexus in an Armani suit outside a 7-11 smoking a cigarette with the cashier on break talking about the Cowboys or Rangers.

You guys got shitty drivers though. They aren't rude drivers like up here throwing trash out the window at people fixing their tire, but just terrible drivers in general. See Moms in their SUVs staring at their phones swerving all over the interstate.

But man I miss the weather and the fishing. And jobs are plenty. I'd walk into any temp agency and get hired on the spot for $14/hour doing basic work that pays $9/hour up here.
>>
>>898896
Texas is a beautiful place with the warmest friendliest people I've ever met. At least the rural parts I've frequented. My dad lived in Texas when I was growing up and I got to spend summers there and leave Commiefornia behind. Loved them Texas summers, great BBQ and country food, and friendly as fuck people everywhere. People slow down and wave to each other as they pass on the road. When you leave a restaurant or shop the hostess - invariably either a qt young blond or a homely older woman with kind eyes - calls out after you, "y'all come back now, y'hear?"

Fuck I want to leave CA and move to a town close to the gulf in TX.
>>
>>898899
The sad part is that Californians always leave their state to get away from the cuckoldry but then spread it wherever they end up at. Look at Washington and now Colorado. Is Colorado still trying to ban guns because of their new liberal population? Holy fucking shit. Who's next? Now they are flooding Texas and it's becoming what >>898891 described.
>>
>>898899
fucking this
only west tx
pass on east tx humidity
>>
>>898900
I'm a constitutional conservative I ain't bringing that bullshit with me but I feel ya >>898915
I was near la grange and brenham so east TX. I don't mind the weather too much
>>
File: index.jpg (119KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
119KB, 900x1600px
extraordinarily ugly brookie scared the fuck out of me today

thought it was dead and maybe i didn't notice it, poked it with my rod (brook trout season isn't open until january 1st) and it gaped its mouth at me a bit then swam away real slow like

not sure what the fuck is up with its head, anyone know? they're not native to this lake, MNR must have stocked them early this year due to the lake starting to freeze over already

something hit my lure and i didn't get the strike, think it was this brookie and it just followed it over to shore. thank god if thats the case because i think fish cops were walkin around
>>
File: 1478745384915.jpg (283KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1478745384915.jpg
283KB, 2000x1000px
ITT we post lesser known fishing youtubers, preferably those with a regional focus.

Don't see a lot of pacific ocean salt fishing posted here, so I'll share two channels

>PK Yi, Oregon coast saltbro
>Catches some slab perch but not too much variety
>Very chill videos, I like to put them on in the background when I can't fish
https://youtu.be/XkRoEUD69Ig

>Matt Withans, SF Bay area saltbro
>Great personality, 10/10 would fish with
>Tons of variety in catches
>Cool videos like catch 'n cooks out on the rock cliffs

https://youtu.be/0V_H-vfbAZM
>>
>>898974
Key west kayak fishing

Some older Asian guy who if you didn't know he was Asian would guess he's some white guy from Florida who swears a bunch

He does badic cooking and recipe episodes too and posts all the time.

He only has like 10 thousand or so subscribers and have been following him since like 6000 of so.

Fairly interesting.

I also follow a guy on the northern east coast. Fishaholic fishing. He's like sea money fishing and Elias fishing. Goofy fucking accent too.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>898899
>Fuck I want to leave CA and move to a town close to the gulf in TX.

Fuck off we're-

>>898924
Never mind
>>
>>899034
Thought the same thing.
>>
>>898940
oh mackinaw, you're a peach
>>
>>899034
>>899035
Yeah, living here has its plus sides but shit do I have to keep my mouth shut about most stuff or I'm fucked.

I'd probably be out of a job if I said I didn't support third term abortions publicly
>>
>>897358
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-78zBjzKkSQ&t=25s
>>
>>899091
Kyak fishing in good ol murica
>>
>>899091
>>899092
whats with the queer music?
>>
File: index.jpg (193KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
193KB, 900x1600px
>>899038

thanks bud
>>
Are no 8 blackout rods the best you can get under $100?
>>
my memecaster just not the dust, grinds on spool, taken it apart and clened it no joy.

what is the best memecaster for around 150?
>>
>>898940
Looks like a leaf ontop of it, no idea really
>>
Anyone gone ice fishing before? I'm not big on fishing myself, but a mate wants to go ice fishing and I own property right on a lake. Never been ice fishing, don't know anyone who has, anything i should know about ice fishing?
>>
>>899114

yeah, wish i got better photos. it swam around in front of me before plunging into the depths, didn't even look like it had eyes, and it was swimming really weird and kind of sideways

most realistic guess ive come up with is that when they were stocking the trout, it must have hit the ice and gotten its face all fucked (they stock by launching the fish out of a tank on a helicopter here)
>>
Bit the bullet. After going back and forth between buying a boat or buying a kayak. I got the kayak. Just seems like less hassle. Mostly as there's easy access to the river, but it's all shallow on the side i can get too. But plenty of snags, overhanging willows and deep fishy goodness on the other side.

Looking forward to quick hour long fish on the yak after work. In the 2-10 days it takes to be delivered.

Costing a lot to get it delivered. But it seems decent and the bloke texting me is named Chad. How can you go wrong with a Chad?
>>
File: photo_2016-11-24_13-23-38.jpg (72KB, 607x1080px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-11-24_13-23-38.jpg
72KB, 607x1080px
Hey guyz, how about shishamo memecasters?
>>
>>899203
Lmfao. I saw those things being shilled on facebook. I always read the comments to see if anyone ever bought one but no one ever said how they work. Probably absolute and utter garbage if I had to guess though
>>
File: magnabox.jpg (98KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
magnabox.jpg
98KB, 500x382px
>>899203
Shishamo? WTF?
>>
What is the best light or ultra light rod for around $100?
>>
I was at a small lake yesterday and spoke to a bass fisher for like 2 minutes. Asked him how to catch bass in the winter. He said to use hair jigs jigging spoons or lipless crankbaits. When I got home I looked them up on YouTube for how to fish them.

Do I need any special rod for them? And where do I fish them?
>>
>>898899
You'll need to do it soon. Calexit is gonna happen in 2020 and then you'll need to go through the immigration process to get in to any of the 49.

/end /pol/

Talk fishing... and Happy Thanksgiving to all
>>
>>899123
Make sure ice is safe, cut hole in ice, put bait/jig through hole, open beer and wait, lather, rinse, repeat
>>
Is there a guide on various lures and how/where/when to fish them? All I really know how to fish consistently are jigging spoons and jigs with plastic trailers. I try getting into crankbaits and stuff but I guess my technique or fishing spot is wrong because I never catch anything on them.

Tried finding stuff on YouTube but all I got were people shilling what lures and rods and reels they were using and then like a 20 second vague description on how they fish them.
>>
>>898519
>>898539
>>898552
FML, that is in-store only. No well in hell I'm going near BPS this weekend. Probably only 2 of each size per day available
>>
File: ice_thickness_lrg.jpg (94KB, 850x607px) Image search: [Google]
ice_thickness_lrg.jpg
94KB, 850x607px
>>899123
>>899255
>>
Any good black friday deals?
>>
>>899203
Top #1 Quality!

>>899251
Jesus. Truckers in the 49 would love it because Cali is always the first to pass bullshit overly strict emissions shit.
>>
>>899243
St. Croix panfish series.
>>899123
Find a good spot where others are fishing. Use auger to cut hole in ice. Flip fish bucket over for a seat. Drop small, dot jig tipper with wax worm down around the bottom. If no bites in 15-20 mins, get up and find a new spot. Keep moving until you find fish. Leave fish on the ice to kill them and then put them in bucket you are sitting on when you leave. If you want to go try hard mode you can get a shanty which will keep the wind off of you and you put a heater in there as well so it's comfy. You could also get a vexliear which is essentially an ice fishing fish finder that emits a flashing light into the water to attract fishies. That's really about it. Oh and also get an ice scoop so you can clear the ice from the whole where you are fishing, that's a necessity.
>>
>>899278
>leave fish on the ice to kill them

Be careful, you're about to get 30 replies saying how much of a monster you are for letting them slip away rather than beating them with a screwdriver handle until they stop moving.
>>
>>899280
Their faggots. Pay them no attention
>>
>>899280
Best not go around hunting deer now. That's animal cruelty. Let them get old and die painfully of disease or get ripped to shreds and chewed on alive by a pack of wolves or a bear. Killing them instantly with a good shot is so cruel.
>>
>>899243
>>899278
seconded for St. Croix panfish. I have the 5ft6 one it is a fantastic rod

>>899251
Calexit is dead in the water and we all know it, unless..
>we civil war now

>>899008
Key West Kayak Fishing is a dope channel I love his videos of tarpon fishing in the mangroves
>>
>>899182
I've never met a bad chad
If he was named shawn/sean, or Taylor I'd be concerned
>>899246
No special rod, and for fishing you'll have to talk to the guy
>>899251
I work today, not happy for me
>>899283
Theyr're
>>899286
Ill fight for Cali to gtfo
>>
>>899297
Fight for something realistic like the Jefferson plan to split cali into two states
>>
What's a good meme name for a fishing channel on YouTube?
>>
>>899299
EliteBassAngler69
>>
>>899299
Fishdix

>lots of yellow and red writing across the link's thumbnail
>"HEY EVERYONE THANKS FOR TUNING INTO ANOTHER EPISODE OF FISHDIX!"
>>
File: 1472786327651.jpg (26KB, 297x288px) Image search: [Google]
1472786327651.jpg
26KB, 297x288px
>>899299
FagitsFishingForChan
>>
>>899300
I'm not elite but the irony would attract a lot of viewers. Thanks.

>>899301
Hi I'm Johnny Knoxville and welcome to Fishdix.

>>899302
Don't think faggot would be funny to normal non-autistic people.
>>
>>899303
>im not elite but the irony would attract a lot of viewers.

That's the point. It'll trigger Bass tards
>>
Why do bass fishers have like 10 different rods? They all are the exact same but they tell me one has 10lb fluro for this lure and the other has 40lb braid for that lure. Is it really necessary or is it just elitist autism?
>>
>>899310
They aren't all the same. That's the point. It saves a lot of time to bring a rod with a certain bait you want to throw with a specific reel ratio and rod action. Different lures work best with different retrieve speeds and rod flexibilities so having those rods availible makes it easier to change tactics quickly. I only have 4 bass rods atm but I will definitly be adding more to diversify my arsenal
>>
File: PENCE.jpg (36KB, 622x555px) Image search: [Google]
PENCE.jpg
36KB, 622x555px
>>899303
>FegatsFishingForChan

Problem solved.
>>
>>899315
I see people carrying 3 crankbait setups with just different lb line to get their lure to get a little bit deeper. Is the advantage really worth another $400 rod and reel?
>>
File: 1473638796317.jpg (75KB, 750x732px) Image search: [Google]
1473638796317.jpg
75KB, 750x732px
>>899319
If it catches fish it must be worth it to them.

You have to ask yourself how much you value an extra fish or that trophy that you had to target specifically with light fluorocarbon or a big swim bait rod. It's the same with any hobby. Do you need the premium golf clubs? Do you need the carbon fiber hood and turbo for your hobby car? Do you need 20 guns?

The answer for most people who are really into there hobby is a resounding yes.

Do you need the craft beer or is PBR okay? There is a time and place for either or.
>>
>>899310
It's fun!

But flouro will make lures run deep. Heavy braid is good for running shit through lillies but it is bouyant so not the best if you want to run deep.

I have different rods with me all the time just so I can run different lures on them. They all have braid, just different weights and one of them has sinking braid if I want something to run a bit deeper but it doesn't matter so much with the shore fishing anyway.
>>
>>899319
In that case you are describing, fuck no. It'd be a lot cheaper just to find replacement spools and just swap them out in the same reel. Only time the reels should vary is if you are using different lures that require varied presentations
>>
>>899322
I'm a catfisher and I buy 8 rods just to get more presentation in the water. I just got into bass fishing and I bought a Lew's American Hero Tournament Baitcast Combo for $120. I have 12lb braid on it and was just wondering do I really need to buy 4 more just to put different line on them for different lures? Is the benefit really that big?

I'm not asking a question that's comparative to buying premium golf clubs. It's more like buying a PC gaming. Is buying more rods just to have different line and medium vs medium-heavy power rods really worth it? Or is it like spending an extra $230 on a CPU just because a benchmark says it gets 8 more fps, a 2% increase in performance.
>>
File: 1470086573316.jpg (36KB, 441x334px) Image search: [Google]
1470086573316.jpg
36KB, 441x334px
>>899324
You're still not seeing the fish over time value. If your against a bank with varying shelf heights you want to run baits across in a fan cast approach you're going to spend a shit ton of time switching a reel each time you want a new crabkbait. That would take 30 minutes to fish a point at 3 different depths vs less than 5 minutes if you can just grab a new rod with a different lure already setup and don't have to tie on lures and feed line through the eyelets
>>
>>899323
So would you say,

A lightweight flurcocarbon set up for running deep lures

A lightweight braid set up for running topwater lures

A heavyweight braid set up for running frogs through lily pads and grass and stuff?

And then just a medium-heavy fast action rod to swap them out on?
>>
>>899327
So people just basically buy more rods to save a few minutes because they're lazy? I mean I could see that benefiting a professional in a tournament, but an average fisherman? Sounds like consumerism.
>>
>>899325
Nah but you will find that different rods and lines work better with different lures. Even when just fishing for bass, the rod that casts a 1/4oz Rapala well doesn't work so great with a 3/4oz spinnerbait.

But I also use spinning combos for most of the lighter stuff anyway.
>>
>>899325
Honestly if I had one rod to use I would just run 10lb monofilament that's a quality line and keep fluorocarbon for leader material if it was needed.

Or a copolymer line.

But yeah honestly having like 3 rods helps a lot. A dedicated topwater rod, dedicated crank bait rod and a an all around jig and senko or plastics rod is the way to go. Saves a lot of hassle.
>>
>>899331
Sounds like they are purposefully designed that way to make money off suckers.
>>
>>899329
Idk. Like I said, I run braid on everything and I never really need the flouro for running shit super deep because shore fishing.

I would say a MH rod with like 30lb braid for big, heavy stuff and ripping through weeds.

A M rod with fast action and 15-20 lb braid for most other stuff

And then a M rod with a little slower action and 10lb braid for when you want to get lighter lures out there.

That covers my preference for pretty much all of it unless I want to play with UL stuff.
>>
>>899330
Lol. Okay dude. If you don't value your time that much sure. Enjoy switching reels for 20 minutes while I catch fish.

>>899325
You get a much bigger fish over time increase compared to the CPU analogy you are using. It's a much bigger performance increase.

>>899329
I use a heavier mono for top water in open water because mono floats. Heavy braid for lillies and grass cover.

Fluorocarbon that's light for drop shots. Heavy fluorocarbon leader with heavy braid for jig fishing cover.

Mono or copolymer for all around fishing. Mono ties super easy from 8 to 30 pounds.

>>899331
Yes. A mistake I used to make when I first started was no matching lures to the rods rated lure actions. Your cast distance and accuracy is much better when using lures the rod is rated for.

A small mepps spinner will not throw far on a heavy action rod vs am ultralight rated for it to get the fast action tip to launch the little bastard like a rocket
>>
File: 1460463458103.png (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1460463458103.png
20KB, 640x480px
>>899333
Kill yourself
>>
>>899336
I fish from a boat on a river. I'll mostly be fishing vertical spoon jigs, hair jigs, lipless cranks, and topwater stuff. Not a lot of heavy grass or lily pads around here. Primary bait fish is shad.

Do I really need to bring 8 different setups?
>>
>>899337
If it takes you 20 minutes to swap a reel, you should be tested for retardation. I swap reels all the time saltwater fishing and it takes 3 minutes max.
>>
>>899327
I don't shore fish so idk. If I am shore fishing I'm using top water bassing and I only need one rod and reel for that
>>
>>899341
Probably not. That's why I mentioned 3.

It's also nice when you are in that 30 min window before a storm and you hit a snag and break the line, you don't have to spend 10min tying a new rig when the fish are biting.
>>
>>899342
Okay poorfag.
>>
>>899341
If you know you will only be doing one specific type of fishing then one rod/reel setup will be fine. If you find yourself switching lures and changing tactics then getting more might be something you would consider. I'd never recommend someone new to go out and get more than one setup but after time and you know it's something you love you can invest is multiple nicer setups that you can maintain and last you indefinitely
>>
>>899347
>saltfag
>poorfag

Pick 1
>>
>>899350
The salt fags have the cheapest shit how do you mean?
>Diawa beefstick
>4-5k size reel
>heavy mono
>hook
>sinker
>bait
>throw it over a railing and wait

Wow what a huge expenditure
>>
>>899351
You've never even smelled the ocean yet alone fished in it.
>>
>>899356
Nice counter argument, sure proved me wrong
>>
>>899351
I got almost $2K in 2 set ups and they aren't even high tier. Also about $600 of lures in 2 small Plano boxes.

For $2,600, I could have a full mid tier bass arsenal as well. But I catch real fish, not fish that is like reeling in a lost shoe.
>>
>>899361
Sounds like I struck a nerve :')

If you spend 1k on each of your rigs thats your choice. You can do the same shit if the Walmart beef stick just like you can catch bass on a cheap little lightning rod. It's also clear that your extra salty when you have to mention how 'stronk' muh salt fish are even though 90% of you here just go to a pier and drop bait over a railing. I'm not knocking it since it's the same thing I do pan fishing but trying to make salt water fishing sound like some epic battle between Goliath groupers is retarded.
>>
Since winter lasts almost forever here, I want to try my hand at ice fishing this season. Is there any way around paying $50+ for an auger? Even the cheapest hand ones are over $40.
>>
>>899364
Not really. I mean if you wanted to you could be 'that guy' and go ask someone who's already out there to borrow theirs. Better off just spending the $50 and having it forever. Don't forget an ice scooper as well
>>
>>899364
I'm considering trying it a few times. I've got a 1.5 inch drill bit and a cordless drill. Drill a few holes, pop out the middle with a hammer. I may even completely sperg out and make my own little fishing rod.

Then again, the lakes didn't even freeze thick enough to walk on last winter.
>>
>>899298
Can I fight for the carpet bombing of the state of California?
>>899299
4chins-fishing-88
>>899341
You would need 3 tops- one with a jigging spoon, one with a bucktail, one with a lipless crank
>>899361
This
For 2k I could get 10 decent combos, a tackle bag packed with gear, and probably a used bost
>>
>>899363
Pier fishers aren't saltfags. They're inland, not offshore. It's like comparing a 5 year old catching bluegill to a bass fisher.
>>
>>899369
I guess you could do that if the ice is thin enough. Here that shit wouldn't work at all. Ice gets at least 2 feet thick in the bays where the gills are
>>
File: 20150811_134632.jpg (915KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20150811_134632.jpg
915KB, 2048x1350px
>>899363
>just dropping bait over the side of the railing like for bluegill
Whatever helps you sleep at night, have a little bull shark
>>
>>899374
6-8 inches is usually our max around here. If it gets thicker than that you wouldn't want to be outside in the first place.
>>
>>899372
>pier fishers aren't salt fags

K
>>
>>899351
When we buy new tackle it's because we want to do some other form of saltwater fishing like surf or inshore fishing. When basscucks buy new tackle it's because they're too dumb and lazy to put on a different lure so they bring 6 rods with them.

>>899363
I'm not the guy you were talking to but predatory saltwater fish in general are much stronger than freshwater predators. A tiny 2 pound jack crevalle will pull more drag than a 2 pound bass.

>>899372
Why not? I've caught some really nice sized snook and cobia off the pier.
>>
>>899375
Oh sorry I forgot about skid "fishs salt for a few hours every other year" is a pro pier angler. He casts his bait instead of letting drop straight down. Very sophisticated technique
>>
>>899337
>Your cast distance and accuracy is much better when using lures the rod is rated for.

Do you mean the weight of the lure?

So I could buy a medium fast action rod that has a 1/4 - 3/4 oz.lure rating and it would be a good rod for any type of lure in that range? However if I wanted to throw a 1oz hair jig or spoon, I'd be better off getting a rod with a 1oz rating?
>>
>>899379
A 2 pound Jack on 20 pound line will pull more drag than a 5 pound bass on 10 pound line
>>
>>899380
At least he probably had more fun in that 30 minutes he caught the shark than you ever will catching quarter pound dinks at the golf pond.
>>
>>899379
Bigger fish= stronger, thanks for clearing that up for me I wasn't too sure about that. The fight of the fish is only one variable among many that make fishing great. I've caught dozens of catfish and big Great Lakes salmon and although they fight a lot harder then bass I'd still prefer to be smallmouth fishing imo
>>
>>899383
>implying
>>
>>899383
That 20 minutes was a lot more fun than any bass I've ever hooked
I'd rather catch one fish that size out of 7 days I'd fishing than spend all day dragging 3-4 pound bass that let me reel them in
And sometimes big sharks, king mackerel, and cobia come by

>>899380
Actually that was on a trolley rig
>>
>>899382
Jacks never cease to amaze me, I once thought I had something huge on the line but it turned out to be a tiny jack. This little thing put a nice bend in my 10ft surf rod. Their flat bodies give them so much fucking power.

>>899386
>inb4 I'm just pretending to be retarded!
A jack the same size as a bass will put up twice the fight. Catfish are boring, it's like reeling in a log. Mememouth bass can be fun on occassion.
>>
>>899386
I agree. Also, the fight isn't always about the drag it pulls. A catfish is like reeling in a log. Not very fun. A stingray hugs the bottom and you could sit there for hours before they tire. Not very fun. To me a good fight is a smart fish that attempts to get away. A fish that'll try wrapping the line around something. A fish that goes all over the place. It's not all about the size of the fish and the drag it pulls. Most of the best fighting fish are saltwater, but that doesn't mean freshwater fishing isn't fun. I enjoy bass fishing, catfishing, gar fishing, carp fishing, flounder fishing, blue fish fishing, etc. Doesn't really matter to me. Sure it's more fun to catch a smart hard fighting fish, but fishing in general is just fun. Taking my little niece to catch some blue gill on worms is fun. Arguing this vs that is for consumerists and not real fishermen.
>>
File: IMG_2482.jpg (41KB, 411x216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2482.jpg
41KB, 411x216px
>>899381
It's not even the weight. A big 1/2oz floating spook will fly different than a 1/2oz low-profile spinnerbait, especially in the wind. And most medium rods are rated at like 1/8oz-1oz but the action affects it a lot.

And you can still cast anything in that range but different rods will work a little better for certain lures and weights. Once you start playing with them, you will see the difference.
>>
>>899389
>my opinion is right because I say so! Everyone else is retarded!

K. It's Turkey time anyway, cya
>>
>>899391
But literally every bass rod is fast action.
>>
>>899390
bluefish is best fish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o-Fo4IRp8E
>>
File: IMG_1010.jpg (109KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1010.jpg
109KB, 800x600px
>>899393
There is still a difference when you play with them

>NEW
>>899394
>>
>>899350
>having to switch reels on one rod
>having money

Pick one retard.
>>
>>899381
Yeah that's what I'm saying. English is not my first language sorry
>>
>>899310
I salt and typically have 3-4 setups with me depending on what I'm targeting and tossing +1 small rod always for soaking squid while I wait for a reason to use the 1st 3
>>
>>899395
this is true.
>>
>>899255
>>899264
My lake hosts car race events when the ice is thick enough, that's about when I plan on going because the ice really does worry me. Of course I know to check it even if it looks reliable.

>>899278
The heater won't begin to melt the ice? I think I'll pass on the tent idea; if it gets too cold we can head back to the cabin and fish from there. I can easily see a tipper on a lake from the cabin. Have a nice toasty fire going, read the paper, shoot the shit and watch everyone else freeze their asses off

One year I saw someone park a teardrop trailer on the ice... Maybe 10 years ago. The balls on that man alone could have cracked the ice. I would never try that shit
>>
>>898352
Dude just looked up skishing... Holy shit. Neverever seen that before.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.