[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here do the Baja winter thing? I am planning on car camping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

File: images (2).jpg (568KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
568KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone here do the Baja winter thing?
I am planning on car camping all the way down baj for most of the winter.
Looking for free or very cheap beach campsites and great fishing spots.
Any tips?
Anyone want to come?
We could have a 4chan caravan!
>>
get your will squared away and take out a huge life insurance policy for when you get decapitated by a drug cartel.
>>
>>895484
This danger is way overblown .
Mexicans are mostly very nice
>>
>>895562
Anon dont you know its your duty as a white middle class male to propagate the fear culture surrounding freedom in the US? Dont let them know its not scary, they might quit their jobs and stop making the rich richer!
>>
>>895428

Check out Campo René near Punta Abreojos. It's a popular beach camping spot so it might be a little crowded.
>>
>>895428
I wasn't aware that this was a thing people did. I would want to go with a group so as to avoid getting murdered by savages.
>>
>>895623
How is it to get a permit to bring guns with you on vacation?
>>
>>895638

Completely disallowed.
>>
>>895562
>mostly
only takes 1 bad encounter on a drug or people smuggling route
>>
>>895650
they never target americans
>>
The cartels go after people who are a threat to them, like reporters or witnesses, or people they can ransom. There's no financial benefit to killing a surf bum.

I'd be more afraid of the cops. They won't kill you, but they'll work you over, lock you up and make you pay a cash "fine" to get out.
>>
One cool thing about driving in mexico is being able to drink a beer. So comfy.
America has become such a prude country that we cant enjoy the little things anymore.
>>
>>896174
Yeaaaaaa man, why can't people, like, you know, just drink and drive. America is sooooo stuck up duuuuude.

>In 2014, 9,967 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States. Of the 1,070 traffic deaths among children ages 0 to 14 years in 2014, 209 (19%) involved an alcohol-impaired driver.

That's from the CDC, so get fukt.
>>
>>895743
>they never target americans
>>
>>895859
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/15/asia/mexico-australian-surfers-dean-lucas-adam-coleman-identified/
>>
>>896213
That's an unfortunate case, but you're still more likely to get rolled by cops than beheaded by gangsters on a Mexican beach.
>>
>>896206
In a country of more than 300 million , ten thousand is not really significant
>>
>>896174
>>896206
Point of order.

If you drank 1 beer, you're not DUI, you're well under the limit.
>>
nigga you gonna get mordored
>>
File: 1477217662707.jpg (102KB, 674x869px) Image search: [Google]
1477217662707.jpg
102KB, 674x869px
>>896309
They wouldnt dare cross el trumpe
>>
File: IMAG_214.jpg (114KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG_214.jpg
114KB, 1024x765px
>>895428
>do the Baja winter thing
>free or very cheap beach campsites and great fishing spots

I do every year. What side are you planning to go down?

Shore fishing only? Traveling solo? What time of the year?

>Any tips?
Plenty.
>>
510/415 south american fluent in spanish here. I'm down
>>
>>896507
is the ocean warm enough to swim without freezing my butt off?
>>
>>896507
I plan on hopping back and forth a bit depending on how I like it.
Since I dont really surf much I was planning on more cortez side but all the fun seems to be on the pacific side.
Plan to end up in todos santos
Solo for much of it but meeting up with a few old friends along the way.
Leaving in about 10 days.
>>
Bajump
>>
>>895428
I would go with you but unfortunately I'm a poorfag and I live in another continent.

Have fun and don't listen to these /k/ fools that pollute /out/ when they start talking about how scary and dangerous the world is.
>>
>>898805
But Mexico has brown people in it :(
>>
>>895484
(You)
>>
I'm going to do this in January. There's a website/book that some people with RVs make I forget who it is or what their name is that has a list of great campsites and info for making the trip. Basically, its perfectly safe, the road is good, and gas is available a lot more than people think.
>>
>>898828
but they're not filthy muzzies so no problems there.
>>
>>898947
Mike Church is the author.
>>
>>898828
They're Native American brown, not nigger brown or Mudslim brown. About as close to white as any race can be.
>>
>>898980
isnt that stuff a bit dated?
>>
File: 2ec.png (497KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
497KB, 600x580px
>>901106
>About as close to white as any race can be
Paco pls
>>
>>901288
There's a recent edition.
>>
>>895428
Enjoy getting searched about 15 times at Federale check points on Baja 1. The first part of the highway to ensenada is a toll road. The old mining town of Santa Rosalia has good pastor tacos. If you have $24 stay at hotel el Morro on the cliffs. Stay in a palapa on the beach for $5 at bahia de conception. Drive out to Punto Conejo past the fish camp over the arroyo near the old light house. There is a place to camp, the ejedo a little transmexican and his bodyguard will appeal out of nowhere to ask you for $5-6 dollars. Warning this will happen almost everywhere in Baja you are never alone especially in the middle of nowhere desert. Go behind a rock to take a shit, a Mexican pops out from behind a cactus with toilet paper for $5. Todos Santos is gringoed out see real hotel California. Then head to El pescadero it will be crazy busy with pozer surfers, lots of girls from cabo. Stay at a surf hostel a block inland.
>>
Pro tip the water on the Pacific side is really cold until almost the tip of Baja. Anywhere with warm water and a nice Beach will have houses on it. If you want seclusion spend more time in North Baja Pacific side.
>>
>>902843
What about the cortez side?
Is the water warmer?
No surfers right?
>>
>>902838
I've never been searched. They wave me through every time.
>>
>>902951

The water is comfortable to swim in this time of year in Bahia de conception. oh Mulege is kinda cool also. The water is warm at todos Santos also. There is some surf on the cortez side and kiteboarding extremely popular. You can pet whales in Guerrero Negro.
>>
>>903016
Lucky you, sometimes I get a wave sometimes I'm stuck there for 20 min while a drug sniffing Mexican rumeges through all my stuff. I got searched more heading north. Even if your not searched you are still waiting through stopped traffic on the highway. To Americans in Mexico for the first time getting arriving at your first government roadblock guarded by machine gun carrying 18 year old Mexicans can be intimidating. You find out you don't have the same rights we have in the USA.
>>
>>903074
That's all true, but there are many ways you are more free down there.
>>
>>903081
You can drink a beer while driving and thats pretty cool if you ask me.
>>
go to Scorpion Bay. You won't regret it, especially if you surf.
>>
>>896174
Just a warning, that is NOT legal... you might have met a nice cop or a friend of yours, but don-t confuse a polite host with someone that allows you to do shitty things... Just try and get in our bad side and you'll have a pretty nasty trip...
>>
>>903125
No you CAN'T.... thats the problem with you!!! you think you're entitled to it... you're not... we might have let you do something of the kind because the authorities main concern is your security, so, as long as we are watching your and other-s safety is ok... but DO NOT THINK that is legal... because is not...
>>
>>903220
shit anons... you just make me mad... we are such polite hosts, and you end up misconstruding it and thinking you can do whatever the fuck you want... no wonder why there's people that hate you all come by... you're just a bunch of spoiled brats... hope you end up with one of our no-nonsenses federales... that way you might learn to appreciate the kindness of our nation after knowing its rage
>>
>>903225
Dude do you think youre saying something new? We are fucking Americans its our manifest destiny to do whatever the fuck we want.
>>
>>903234
I see your manifest destiny and raise you a "pay me a visit again"... after trump not too many people are going to be happy to see you
>>
>>903240
>after trump not too many people are going to be happy to see you
Hey anon, OP here. I have actually been really worried about this.
Will the mexican people carry a grudge because of el trumpe?
Surely they know that many americans are not happy to have him.
>>
>>903295

A lot of people in Latin America already carry a grudge against Americans even before Trump.
>>
>>903225
Ya it's just like when Mexicans come to the USA for work but don't want to observe our drunk driving, car registration and drivers license laws. But we let them get away with it because it would be racist against brown people. I cannot wait till people realize Mexicans are the majority now and this country goes to complete anarchy shit like Mexico. Enjoy your Montezuma's revenge op.
>>
>>903220
Are you serious? Mexico and all South America is so corrupt you can bribe your way out of anything. That is the reason you will never be a super power machismo and greed. In the USA favors are traded descrtly by well connected and respected people. but in Mexico anyone with a little money to spend on a bribe can get their way. See the cartel as an example.
>>
>>903318
I just worry they are going to let El chapo excape so he can chase after El trumpo
>>
>>903297
Man here I was angry about having that assclown as president but I did not even think about the impact on mexico.
Have you guys even been able to figure out how to pay for that wall much less build it?
Will there be a special tax?
It's fucking bullshit if you ask me.
>>
>>895428
this could be a trend like snowbirds: poorbirds
>>
>>895638
Mexican here, you cant. To have a gun in México you need things like the military service, a card of no criminal records, and have mexican nationality.

overall baja is pretty secure, and here in mexico we treat tourist well, the only thing you should be afraid is about the dollar overprices.
>>
>>905781
I am only going to pay with peso
>>
>>905912
Wise election.
Also, if someone wants to ask me generals things about mexico, feel free to do it.
>>
>>905948
How do Mexicans feel about dating Americans with poor Spanish skills?
>>
>>905951
>how do poor mexican women feel about dating an healthy american that can, in the future, be their free pass to live in the US
just think about it for a second. I'm pretty sure your chances of getting laid are pretty high.
>>
>>905951
I dont know, If think it is indifferent. I know a lot of people that have a relation in english.

>>905970
Prepare for being dumped after the women get the american nationality.
>>
>>906002
>Prepare for being dumped after the women get the american nationality.
She uses you for a visa and you use her for sex, it's just a mutual agreement. Also if she pulls shit just tell her to fuck off and call immigration.
>>
>>906007
No, we can get the visa without sex, if you gave her the american nationality, then now she is us citizen and inmigration can do nothing.
>>
File: 1464302105656.jpg (46KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1464302105656.jpg
46KB, 500x667px
>>906021
In none of my posts I said to give her american nationality senpai. And you're overthinking it, the other anon probably just want to have a good time there and is willing to use is white American privilege to have some bennies with some hot latina.
>>
>>906034
who doesn't
>>
>>903125
Holy fuck I had a hard days work today working construction.
3/4s of the way home on my commute I hit the liquor store and bought a 25oz bud light michelada and cracked that fucker driving down the road.
It felt like pure fucking relaxing freedom.
I hope trump fixes this retarded country.
>>
>>895562
Bad advice. You will more than likely be kidnapped and/or murdered.
>>
>>907016
IN BAJA? are you fucking high? Baja is one of the best places for Americans to go ! San Felipe every year for 3 years and I love it i'm white american and speak no english however baja is safe enough for everyone, just don't go through Tiujuana or stop in a shady ally asking for trouble bring your own drugs and at least 200 bucks best weekends of my life down there.
>>
>>895859
No Cartels in Baja, been down there multiples times in cadillacs and escalades and NEVER hada problem with cops or cartels, Just have someone who can speak spanish with you and you are fine.
>>
Will my ATM card work down there?
Do they have ATMs in baja?
>>
>>907261
yes, visa and mastercard
>>
>>907261

Your bank might require you to put in a travel notice though.
>>
>>907261
In los cabos i have seen even ATMs with dollars
>>
>>907183
Bay area here, I speak spanish and would be down to go in January.
>>
>>907719
I will be crossing the border in early january at Tijuana
>>
>>907769
Sorry for so these questions but I would like to know the following;

-How long are you planning on staying there?
-You'll be driving, correct?
-Do you live in San Diego?
-Are you trying to go camping or would you consider staying at a hostel? I've seen some for about 5usd a night in places like La Paz
-Are you the anon who posted a similar thread on /ck/ and is planning on bringing a ton of rice?

Maybe I could either drive or fly to SD and take it from there, also I wish I could spend more time there but I could spend maybe a week, or two weeks the most. If you're staying longer than that I could take the bus back to Tijuana and do the same to get back into Cali. I just really want to go south enough so it's warm enough to swim in the ocean and chill there for a couple days. I Wouldn't mind where or which route we take as long as I can spend those days relaxing in relatively warm water. I don't mind the company or helping you by speaking Spanish to find you a place where you can stay settled once I leave so I guess that could work out.
>>
>>907183
>No Cartels in Baja
That is kind of lie, the cartle of sinaloa operates in baja, they just dont mess with civilians
>>
>>901106
You should do some research on the word Caucasian and learn some shit about your stupid self.
>>
>>908784
People from spain are also cockasians and thats whats in lots of mexico.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.