[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ is great, but /out/ is slow as molasses. What other websites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

/out/ is great, but /out/ is slow as molasses.
What other websites do you go to for general browsing and conversation on /out/ crap?
>>
>>895199
I really don't, I usually just go /out/ instead.
>>
Reddit has some good ones
>>
>>895201
This. Online is nothing but gear fags and hiker fags. Not any true outdoorsman forums online that aren't slow.
>>
>>895206

Well, certainly I'm not looking for a 'fast' board, but the culmination of multiple quality 'slow' boards would equate to a greater amount of /out/ related content to sift threw. Which is why I'm asking for other resources.
>>
>>895205
dunno dude. that shits stale over there. r/ultralight is a perpetual circle jerk "oh look at my chinese down quilt"

which ones do you go to? maybe i'm not looking hard enough
>>
This is actually the fastest out related forum I've seen.

Outdoors and internet forums just aren't that popular it seems.

Best bet is to somehow browse multiple subreddits at once
>>
>>895201
>>895201
This, if I'm not 'blogging' here about what fish I caught last weekend, I'm normally /out/. I've found this board has become quite autistic about certain aspects of activities pertaining to being /out/. For example, there's a homeless general thread now which personally pisses me off, people are trying to complicate secret santa this year, there's been a slow increase in gear threads where people try and shill there brands. I like to come here to hear what people are doing when /out/. It's a great way to get ideas about what else I can do while /out/. Unfortunately, I don't see much of that anymore. It's almost as if the people here really don't go /out/
>>
/r/ultralight
/r/appalachiantrail
whiteblaze
youtube
>>
>>895237
its almost like people who like the outdoors are somewhere other than at home on the internet.

I wonder where they could possibly be...

REALLY MAKES YOU THINK
>>
>>895303
really made me stop and ponder
>>
File: whatsthisbird.jpg (58KB, 660x370px) Image search: [Google]
whatsthisbird.jpg
58KB, 660x370px
>>895205
There's some awesome bird expertise on r/whatsthisbird/
they can ID off just a feather, a single note of a birdsong, or its shadow on the ground.
>>
>>895309
Really made me hmm
>>
>>895205
Which ones? I looked at a few reddits and most of the threads were just "check out the view from my campsite" or gear threads.
>>
>>895834
really activated my almond
>>
>>895876
ha!
>>
File: what the fuck.png (51KB, 851x311px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.png
51KB, 851x311px
>>895199
In my experience, actual outdoorsmen are extremely casual internet users. They would rather spend a weekend or weekday camping, climbing, biking, fishing, etc., instead of being glued to a screen awaiting the next autism-laden reply to their thread. You'll find a lot of them on reddit - and in my experience actually talking to guides and people in the industry, that's now the go-to forum for a lot of professional outdoorsmen, not necessarily hobbyists, though - but the average poster there doesn't post or even read a lot while participating. It would just be an occasional drop in here and there to post a trip picture, and then you never hear from them again for 2 months. They have too many friends they can talk to in real life to waste their time on virtual friends.

Backpackinglight and Summitpost are not bad in terms of people with actual outdoors expertise participating, although I haven't been to a "real forum" in years, except to occasionally use their gear swap. Whiteblaze used to be fairly interesting, although again, I haven't even visited in years. Years ago, I would say that the userbase was in decline, although maybe they have matured since then.

>>895237
>This is actually the fastest out related forum I've seen.
/out/ is pretty fast, but the expertise is very low. Most self-professed "experts" are actually not experts and often repeat inaccurate lore to people seeking actual advice and information. When I do see someone posting who knows his shit, the most likely result 90% of the time is that an autism-sufferer will engage with him and outright deny every single thing he has to say. The expert could say that the Sun rises in the East, and the autism-sufferer would call him a liar. The board culture is welcoming to low level outdoorsmen here, but can be hostile to those with more than beginner's knowledge to share. It doesn't help that the mods have historically been totally clueless as well.
>>
Goverment websites with information about parks.
>>
Watch YouTube videos or read books.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.