[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making my gear list for the AT next year and am looking for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Making my gear list for the AT next year and am looking for a shakedown. This is my first thru hike.
>>
You need more underwear
>>
>>894986
how much more underwear?
>>
>>894980
I am not a gear queen and I don't know what most of the items are. You should add a column for "rain jacket" or "sleeping bag".
>>
>>894993
none, two pairs is fine. I don't wear them myself, a lot of hikers will send them home.
>>
here's my list

https://lighterpack.com/r/9tjact
>>
>>895020
Two sleeping pad is to much. The inflatable give a lot of insulation and some comfort at the price of its weight and its tendency to break, the pad is cheap, undestructible, extra light and give a good insulation but give 0 comfort.

If you need the comfort, get rid of the Z rest, if you don't, get 16 oz lighter.

I am not a fan of spare pants but it is a personal opinion.

I don't see a rain protection for your bag. Are you sure it is rainproof enough to keep your things dry?

The food is not in the list?
>>
>>895025
that's a seat, it's a small butt pad. You want a butt pad out there. I don't need a rain cover, my pack is cuben fiber, all my stuff sacks are cuben fiber. No, food isn't included in base weight
>>
>>895007
Thanks, I got them

>>895008
Thats something I came across in a few places

>>895020
thats kind of a cool website, I will transfer some info to that registry and hope I get more accurate weights.

So I guess im doing ok with my list?
>>
>>895091
Turns out lighterpack has no database but everything is user entered. Ill just stick to my excel.
>>
Please consider a different pack. The Anti-Gravity system on the Atmos squeaks like a mother fucker. As in contantly with every step. I dunno if I could put up with that for 2000 miles. It's a fantastic pack besides that, however.
>>
>>894980
Your baseweight can easily be 15 if you replace some things. Like the tent with a lightweight tarp since you'll be sleeping in shelters most of the time. And by getting rid of stuff. Like having two or even one pairs of socks instead of four, and not carrying an extra tshirt. Was it in towns or streams. A two part canister stove is slightly lighter than a jetboil, an alcohol stove is way lighter. Loom up ultralight gear lists.
>>
>>895154
Is there a point where this begins to happen? I carried about 25lbs over a few 15 mile hikes and I didnt notice any sqeaking.

>>895171
I didnt really plan to bring the jetboil but I placed it on the list to see just how much of a hit it is. Ill consider the tarp, im a pussy when it comes to bugs.
>>
>>894980
toesocks? fuckin what?

youre gonna get a trail name, whether you like it or not based on those things. and you're gonna be called it the entire way. don't bring those faggot.
>>
Fucking RETARD cyкa блдт WHY YOU NOT ARE ABLE TO ADD UP KILOGRAM OF WEIGHT ITEM ?
>>
>>895232
potatoe
>>
File: CASTIRONPOTZ.jpg (9KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
CASTIRONPOTZ.jpg
9KB, 183x275px
bring goldbond powder or something. AT is a damp place and your taint will thank me.
>>
>>895214
So toesocks as a liner is a bad idea. I guess I can ditch them..
>>
>>895214
have you ever been thru hiking before? It's not a god damn fashion show out there. Nobody gives a fuck what anyone wears. Some men wear skirts, dresses, pink clothes, whatever the hell. Bring those socks dude, they are great liners.
>>
File: drumthenmum.jpg (113KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
drumthenmum.jpg
113KB, 600x900px
>>895245
This is too true. Ball chafing is un-fucking-believably shit.
>>
>>895192
Mine squeaked from day one. Even simply opening and closing the hip belt and it squeaked. If you already own the pack and have used it with heavy load then you might be alright, you probably got lucky.
>>
Based upon input I made some updates. Its really hard to find weight for some things and im too lazy to weigh them individually.
>>
>>895538
forgot pic
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.