[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here has found God through /out/ings? I didn't find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: DSC_0780.jpg (4MB, 4618x3265px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0780.jpg
4MB, 4618x3265px
Who here has found God through /out/ings?

I didn't find Him, but my beliefs are re-affirmed every time I go out into the natural world.
>>
>>894929
No
>>
I'm an Atheist. When i'm /out/, I am in awe of how something so accidental and fragile can be beautiful and perfect. We're lucky to exist at all, and i'm fortunate to get to explore this place for a short while. When you remember our lonely world is just one out of trillions of others, it's hard to believe this was created just for us.
>>
>>894935

I understand and appreciate that perspective as a Christian. There's just so much beautiful stuff to see all over the world - its even more wild to think of when we begin to explore the universe. Could you even imagine?
>>
>>894935
I believe in a God that created this universe, but the further you theorize it to he created it with a purpose, he created Earth with a purpose, he guided evolution, he created man for a purpose, heaven and hell, etc. it becomes more and more unbelievable. I believe in a God more as a personification like Mother Nature than an actual religious deity that sends us to hell for trying to suck our own dick.

It is truly spectacular that something so random has caused this world to exist the way it is though.
>>
>>894935
>>894938
As an Aussie, fuck you guys.
i'm Christian but I pray for safety first and foremost. Never want to wake up in bed with a funnel web ever again
>>
>>894940
When I was a little kid, I would always pray to God to never give me nightmares. When I forgot to pray, I'd always have nightmares. Placebo was one hell of a drug.
>>
>>894942
That's pretty neato. I guess you're the atheist? Most kids that grew up in religion seem to move away

Meanwhile I ignored it as a kid and went to church at 17
>>
>>894939

>sent to hell for trying to suck own dick

...uh oh
>>
>>894944
I'm not >>894935 if that's what you're asking.

I grew up in a Baptist family. Around 8 years old I knew it was full of shit. I studied Islam during University and it was pretty convincing but the more you study the more you realize he was just trying to make the Middle East great again and was making everything up to unify all the Pagan tribes. Even his child wife Aisha said "I feel that your Lord hastens in fulfilling your wishes and desires."

Religion has always been man made. I believe in the possibility that something created the universe, but everything afterwards was up to randomness. Heaven and hell is made up by humans to form a social construct. Now that more and more governments are becoming secular, there's no need for religion and there's more and more atheists. I don't consider myself atheist though because I still believe there's a possibility of a God. But I don't believe in heaven, hell, prophets, etc.
>>
I had a really cool experience this summer, OP.

Being kind of an introvert, /out/ is actually more spiritual than church ever has been for me. So I use it as a real chance for some introspection and prayer/meditation. I hiked in to an alpine lake for an overnighter with my dogger.

It was a fairly overcast day and I was kind of disappointed because my favorite thing about camping here is the incredible night sky due to almost zero light pollution. But we set up camp and had some dinner and hiked around. We had the place to ourselves. I actually went totally barefoot for a bit to scramble around on the smooth granite ledges surrounding the lake. It was super relaxing.

It got dark and we retired to the tent where I read for a bit. I usually read a novel as well as some Bible verse before bed, so I did that. I also prayed for understanding, closeness to God, stronger faith, etc.

When I woke up the next morning and had breakfast, I went back up on those rocks to have my meal and do some stretching while the sun rose over the valley below. When I came back down I noticed something gleaming, super bright, on the trunk of a dead tree right behind where my tent had been. I figured it was maybe a forester tag or a bearing plate, which I'm always curious about, so I investigated.

It turned out to be a medium sized, shiny metal coin. Almost like a challenge coin. On one side it said, 'Where do you want to spend eternity?' and on the other it had your typical John 3:16 verse.

I don't think God himself put it there, nor do I think it was put there just for me. But I do know I picked that lake at last minute over my original plan. So, I think I was meant to see it, and it actually gave me what I prayed for the night prior. I was pretty awestruck and uplifted for the rest of my hike out. Sometimes it's the simple things.

Nice thread OP, hopefully other people share too.

>>894940
>Never want to wake up in bed with a funnel web ever again
RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>894969
Me again. Heres a pic from our camp spot. Fault Lake in the Selkirks.
>>
>>894974
I think that was the tree.
>>
>>894975
Clean your lens. It ruin an otherwise god tier photo.
>>
File: 1479318809190.jpg (256KB, 924x653px) Image search: [Google]
1479318809190.jpg
256KB, 924x653px
>>894929
>>
File: DSC_0696.jpg (5MB, 4898x3265px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0696.jpg
5MB, 4898x3265px
OP here, couple more pictures from my latest excursion.
>>
File: DSC_0904.jpg (2MB, 4687x2705px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0904.jpg
2MB, 4687x2705px
Nevada was quite lovely. Lot to be said for the lonely roads out here.
>>
File: DSC_0067.jpg (2MB, 2711x3466px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0067.jpg
2MB, 2711x3466px
Arches was rad. Wish I could've spent more time there.
>>
File: DSC_0546.jpg (1MB, 4609x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0546.jpg
1MB, 4609x2448px
La Jolla, CA

City where I was born, was a nice reintroduction to civilization before heading back out into the desert.
>>
>>895005
Its my phone camera. The little protective cover broke out. I would replace it but its a work phone and they arent concerned about it...

I need to get a good /out/ camera because yeah, Ive missed a lot of great shots.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.