[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gf and I are planning on taking a camping trip to a National

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1478608618672.jpg (240KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478608618672.jpg
240KB, 1080x1080px
My gf and I are planning on taking a camping trip to a National Park in May. We're selecting among all of them so we're not sure which yet.

I haven't been camping in years, since I was a kid, and when I did go camping it was very tame. I've been getting together a basic gear list of what we'll need

>tent
>tarp to setup the tent on
>warm sleeping bag
>2 battery powered lanterns
>crank radio with usb charger to charge our phones just in case, has a flashlight built in
>basic first aid kit

That's all I have put together so far, am I missing anything obvious?

I have a collapsable fishing pole with line, extra weights, hooks, and some artificial bait. I have a lodge small square cast iron skillet, the cast iron fajita skillet, and a stainless steel pot. I also have a deluxe swiss army knife. I would be bringing lighters.

We would go for about a week, and bring food.

Only things I can think of are coolers (not sure how long it would stay cold) and bug repellent. Any advice?
>>
Get a steel knife. Doesn't have to be big or fancy, but get a fixed blade (no flip ups). Are you just going in a car and camping near it?

Also, don't forget a pad to put the sleeping bag on, I recommend the Therm-a-Rest Ridgerest, it's cheap and pretty good quality.
>>
car camping, or backpacking?

either way, lose the tarp, and add sleeping pads to your list. a stove is nice to quickly heat water or cook food for breakfast

if backpacking get lighter cookware, and add some option to process water.

if car camping at a more popular park expect to have to make your reservations at least 2 months in advance, maybe even earlier.
>>
>>890982
>crank radio with usb charger to charge our phones just in case, has a flashlight built in
What the fuck?

Turn your damned phones off and put them in a waterproof bag in your pack. Radio isn't a bad idea. Weather report and music are always nice. Sounds like you're car camping so you can bring the kitchen sink if you want.

Coolers work fine. Pack them with frozen water bottles or drain the water of ice as it melts to keep it longer. I like frozen water bottles in combination with ice.

Missing anything obvious?
A stove.
Toilet paper/Hygiene items
A tarp to hang above your camp picnic table (nice when it's raining out)
>>
>>890986
I was looking at the Morakniv 511 as my knife and one for her. Good enough?

We'll be doing something like >>890988
said, reserving a site. I guess that is car camping? I'll definitely reserve in advance then, I thought you could do it pretty close to the actual date and hadn't considered how far in advance to do it.

A stove is also making sense, I imagined we would just make a fire and use it though.

>>890989
But how is she suppose to post pics on her instagram without a cell phone? In all seriousness it's just a safety issue, we don't want to not be able to call for help if a bear starts butt raping me.
>again with the stove
Don't know why I didn't think about toilet paper, good call.

We'd be hiking and stuff, cuddling and fucking probably. Just a little romantic thing I suppose is how we are envisioning it.

What are good food ideas, what are bad foods to pack? What are foods that would seem like a good idea to pack but aren't and what is a good food that isn't obvious to bring?
>>
>>891001
reservations are going to depend on the park. yosemite or the grand canyon might need to be even 4-6 months early, but something more obscure or isolated you can get away with closer.

i love cooking on fires in the evening as a hangout/chill thing, but in the morning when you want to get going it's nice to be able to just light a stove to get some coffee and eggs going and hit the trail.

food you can do whatever you like. since you'll be based out of a car bring everything. i even bring a real pillow when i'm car camping. staying in a nps drive in campground you'll have access to clean water and real bathrooms, so to's less of a necessity. might even have showers. baby wipes are good for quickly clean your hands while cooking or whatever. most parks also have small (to large) stores where you can buy food and ice and other conveniences, so if you forget something you aren't fucked.
>>
>>891009
*toilet paper's less of a necessity.

(nice to bring some on a hike, but you can always steal it from a bathroom)
>>
>>890988
He needs the tarp so he can wake up in a swimming pool
>>
How do I go about fucking one of those girls like in the image of OP?

Fuck this bushcraft shit, I want some of that.
>>
Many established campgrounds have sites with electric, so you could charge your phones that way. Worst case scenario you bring a car charger and charge in your vehicles.
>>
>>891001
>What are good food ideas
Items that can be cooked in a single pot. Even better if you eat them without cookware.

Like fajitas/tacos/etc.

Ground sausage cooked with eggs and served in a pocket pita

Chicken a la king (as I call it)
1 pack lipton creamy rice
1 chicken breast or canned chicken
1 can/frozen bag of peas and carrots

Cook the chicken if raw. Add water (milk is better) according to lipton package and cook rice. Add drained can or bag of peas/carrots at the end and serve when it's all hot again.

Mac n cheese with cut up hot dogs in it is awesome. Or hamburger helper.

Spaghetti and meatballs can be one pot if you don't mind adding the sauce directly to the pot. I use frozen meatballs and toss them in the last few minutes of the spaghetti cooking and they get cooked then. Drain water, add sauce, stir and done.

I used to love "hobo packs" for cooking in the fire.
Heavy duty aluminum, meat, veggies, potato, corn, etc. Seasoning.
Put it all on the aluminum, fold the sides and roll, then repeat in the opposite direction. Cook on coals for ~20 minutes. Eat right out of the foil.

I've forgotten more good car camping recipes than I know.
>>
>>891001
>I imagined we would just make a fire and use it though.
You CAN do this every time if you want, but having the stove is super convenient if it decides to rain, or if she loves anal too much and you're crunched for time, or if you're in a burn ban (yes it happens). Also, cooking over an open fire with a pot is exceedingly difficult compared to a stove, so it's a nice back up if you're having trouble with the flames.
>>
>>891001
The 511 is super cheap, but if you can swallow the extra monies, look at the kansbol and eldris (that one is more of a carving/craft knife) - both around 25 bucks.

If you use a stove - good. At any rate, bring some tin foil. No, not for making hats, but to isolate your fire from the ground (if it's wet), and you can bake potatos/apples with it by burying them in the ashes for 30 mins (i know a tasty potato recipe for that).
>>
>>891001
>cuddling
Faggot
>fucking
That's more like it sir!

You do realise we will require pics don't you?

As far as what to cook - if you're car camping you can cook anything really.

I always like spicy Indian food which you can cook slowly in a single pot over a fire or on a stove.

I'm in the UK and it's awesome seeing jealous fags smelling what I'm cooking especially when they are all off to eat their shitty boring food.

When I car camp I'll take a big pot and one maybe an inch diameter smaller so I can make an oven. Just put a few stones in the big pot then put the smaller one in so there's a good air gap. Gives a good even heat all round the inner pot.
>>
Why are whores so disgustingly fat these days?
>>
>>891110

More ass for me to plow into m8.
>>
>>891001
>foods
You got a dehydrator? If so, dehydrate and pack whatever you feel like eating. Be aware that high fat content reduces shelf life.

GORP (good old raisins and peanuts) is always a good snack for hiking, carbs plus proteins plus fats.

I like to bring pemmican when I go camping. Very nutritionally dense, and it also makes good soup starter.

Since you're car camping, you can bring whatever non perishables you want; if you were backpacking I would recommend against canned food but you're not so it's a nonissue.
>>
File: IMG_5475.jpg (27KB, 340x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5475.jpg
27KB, 340x375px
>>890982
THICC
>>
>>891037
Oh Yeah, if you have access to a Dutch oven, that's the best way to cook over a fire, especially a cobbler or cornbread.
>>
>>890986
>>890988

A pad is mandoraty IMO.
I'm old- if I'm not backpacking I bring an air mattress.
>>891009
Look into what park you're going to.
There's a lot of regulations nowadays, the half dome hike is by lottery, only a few hundred people a year are allowed to do it now. Plan ahead and you might be able to do something really cool.
>>
>>890982
wet wipes
>>
>>891001
>we don't want to not be able to call for help if a bear starts butt raping me.
You think bears are gay?

Seriously though, if your phone is turned off while it's fully charged, it'll be charged when you turn it back on.
>>
>>890982
Don't forget:
>Soap and other toiletries
>Small knife
>Ax/Saw if you want to make a fire
>Mess kit (eating utensils)
>Camping stove (If you plan to cook food/boil water)
>Pot for whatever you're cooking/boiling
>Water bottles
>Ground pad (Goes under sleeping bag)
>Bug spray (depends on environment)
>Bear Bags and Rope (depends on environment)
>>
>>892078
>Ax/Saw if you want to make a fire
Lol. Not even close to required.

>Bear Bags and Rope (depends on environment)
Good advice here when it's needed.
>>
>>891808
What if it's an emergency or someone needs to call like a mother or father about an emergency? Not everyone is secluded from the world and wiping their asses with leaves in a pseudo survival world.
>>
>>896084
If you have an emergency, you turn on your phone.

If someone else has an emergency, you're in the middle of nowhere and can't help them anyway.
>>
>>891015
>can't afford tent with bathtub floor
>putting wear and tear on your tent instead of a tarp/ground sheet
>doesn't know how to pitch a tent properly to begin with

Found the hiker.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.