[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/doorsmen I just bought a hobo fishing kit (pic related).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1478551178676.jpg (292KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478551178676.jpg
292KB, 2048x1536px
Hey /out/doorsmen I just bought a hobo fishing kit (pic related). How do I go about catching fish with it?
>>
By using Google.

Also
>buying hobo gear
>not making hobo gear

You're doing it very wrong.
>>
>>890557
I bought it for a tenner, because between my dissertation and work I don't have a spare day that I'd rather spend making a hobo reel than being innawoods, prick.
>>
>>890560

>be lazy millennial
>call someone else a prick

Ok
>>
>>890554
It probably casts almost like a spinning reel where the line will come off the top of the spool without anything spinning on the cast.
>>
>>890560
>I'm too busy to care about catching fish in the little free time I have so I'll use a piece of shit (which will catch fish) rather than real equipment that will catch more fish.
FTFY
>>
File: IMG-20161102-WA0002.jpg (2MB, 4160x2336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161102-WA0002.jpg
2MB, 4160x2336px
Moar pics with whats in it.... Seriously that bottle cap will tear the fuck up and you will loose the fish even if you catch one. Best hobo fishing kit you can get is a spool of medium size fishibg line... Few 50g lead sinkers or steel nuts and some hooks.
1. Get a green stick.
2. Tie some fishing line on it (as much as you can cast the lead)
3. Add sinker and hook
4. Dig out some worms or any other bait u can get
5. Throw in water and put stick in ground so it holds even big fish
You can make even 10 or more active fishing traps if you want with one spool of line, pack of hooks and some weight.
This method was very common and traditional in europe and russia. You can attach a bell as signalisator or just check after while. Leaving overnight is an option too.
>>
>>890554
Wrap the line around your neck until you can't breathe you entitled hipster faggot
>>
>>890557
Had the same thought.

BUYING a hobo gear sounds like hipster bullshittery.
>>
>>890560
>tenner

fello britbongistanian, it is illegal to fish without a rod in the UK so just heads up on that.
>>
>>890563
>millennials are lazy
>living off of government pension

Some of us have jobs, or school, or both.
>>
>>890577
I used to do the same in high school except I'd tie the line to a short stake that I'd push into the ground and conceal with weeds. I'd do something to mark my spot. That way nobody checks my lines and steals my fish.
>>
>>890580
kek
>>
>>890601
>illegal to fish without a rod in the UK
what kind of fucktardery is this?
>>
>>890871
did a bit of googling and turned up this thread,

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85768

not illegal but freshwater license required as per usual.
>>
>>890601
I'm Scotland pal, so I'm all good
>>
>>890577
I've done a lot of spin and fly fishing previously so I'll be substituting the stuff in the kit for my own high quality shit. I didn't buy with the intention of catching fish for food though your method sounds interesting, I'll try it out some time
>>
>>890596
See >>890619 if I like the method I'll put some time in and make myself one
>>
>>890916
>http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85768

Jesus titty fucking Christ... that is my thread lol

But yes, I spent days trawling online and looking up local bylaws and legislation. There is no legal definition of minimum rod length and the hook-line-pole attachment is identical to the one used by carp anglers with fuckin huge carbon poles that nobody gives a shit about.

It's one of those things the old boys club of bushcrafters in the UK has perpetuated for years without understanding why and nobody ever seemed to question. Bushcrafting in the UK is an elitist circle, it's why I stopped posting in that forum years ago
>>
File: IMG-20160302-WA0010.jpg (2MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160302-WA0010.jpg
2MB, 2336x4160px
As i said earlier with these diy natural bait hobo rigs you can get some shit... This spring i went to hike the river coast and camped for the day on a beatiful pleace right on the shore of a small river... I set up one fishing rod with same set up .... Line hook lead. And cought about 1.5kilo chub. Cought about 1 kilo chub the dollowing camp session when hiking with my brothers. We made a grill on coals with some green sticks and the fish was great. Did post some pics in threads months ago but dont have any on this phone now.... The idea is that its a permanent fishing tool decice that you throw in and leave it for fuck sake so you can do other shit while the fish decides to take the bait.... Fisherman for 20 years with all around experience in spin ice float fishing for 20 and fly fishing for around 10 years
>>
>>891371
Scotland is in the UK, friend

t. someone else from Scotland
>>
>>891901
sounds great. Thanks for sharing. I wish I could do what you do but unfortunately i live in mn.
>>
>>892529
I know, laws are different though
>>
>>892856
go on and show me then
>>
>>893002
Look up Scottish Land Access Laws.
>>
>>893249
and what's our right to roam legislation got to do with fishing?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.