[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trail Food Recipes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3446.jpg (510KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3446.jpg
510KB, 1600x1200px
Post your favs

Salami, cheese and tortilla wraps
Dehydrated chili mac
Uncle Ben's rice and beans with hot sauce
>>
>>887853
Seasamie sticks, pepitas, and mixed nuts are a pretty good snack.
Assorted vegetables cut and wrapped in foil, then placed by the edge of a cooking fire for a while.
Peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
Oats with whey powder, butterscotch chips, and pecans.
>>
>>887853
Chili on chips
Chili mac
Dino egg oatmeal
Corn beef hash
>>
>>887853
GORP
Pemmican
Hamburger rocks
Hardtack
Jerky
Summer sausage
Beans and rice
Instant oatmeal
Grits
Corn meal mush

t. country boy who grew up dirt poor
>>
>>887897
Pemmican?
>>
OP, you spent way too much time placing those items in that photo.
>>
>>887907

Just stole it from Google bro, I ain't that autistic. Whoever took that picture sure as hell has some kind of OCD going on.
>>
Ramen Bomb Burrito

Step One: Make Ramen
Step Two: Add Foil Packet Tuna
Step Three: Soak up Ramen broth with Insta-Mashed potatoes
Step Four: Smash into a tortilla

Optional: Apply Cholula Hot Sauce
>>
>>887915

I'm on board with everything except the tuna. That's just fucking madness.
>>
>>887909
How am I suppose to believe you!
>>
>>887906
The most nutritionally dense food I've found.

Start with the leanest meat you can find (I use top round steak) cut into 1/4" thick strips. Dry that shit until it's brittle.

While the meat is drying, render suet. Start with suet in a pot, heat until liquid, skim off the solids and then heat the liquid until it stops bubbling (thus removing all water from the fat and making tallow). Pour into clean dry container and cover tightly until the meat is all the way dry.

Pound the dried meat into powder and mix with tallow until the tallow won't accept any more meat without falling apart (you want it to stick together).

Wrap tightly to keep air/ light/ moisture out. (I wrap thread around the ball of pemmican and dip it in wax for easy opening later)

Removing all the water has two purposes:
1) Most of meat's weight is water, my results are around five lbs fresh to one lb dry weight.
2) By removing the water, you have made the food inhospitable to bacteria and extended the shelf life. Properly stored, that is to say cool and dry, I've had pemmican last six months and ate it without ill effect. I read that it'll store up to five years but I'm skeptical. So yeah, the more you know.

Bonus: Pemmican makes an excellent stock for soups and stews, just add to water, boil with whatever you've got handy (wood sorrel, burdock, chickweed, etc.) and enjoy.
>>
>>887926

Like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNdSGQGAkE
>>
>Mexican pasta

Wtf is wrong with you? You have all that whole foods yuppie bullshit and can't afford $1 for some decent pasta not full of lead and feces. SAD
>>
Americans are so disgusting.
>>
>>888101

Great contribution.
Huge list of food.
So unique and healthy.

10/10
>>
>>888101

Found the malnourished European
>>
I like cooking Tasty Bites madras lentils in the jet boil, then use that water to cook Ramen. Mix them together and you've got an easy, tasty and filling meal.
>>
>>887916
gotta get dem proteins
>>
>>888125
Icelandic actually.
>>
In all seriousness, carry around an aluminum plate or tiny frying pan and oil for frying quesadillas. Most cheap cheeses will last for more than a week in a backpack. Stay away from Cheddar though, it gets really oily and stinky. It's hard to find a small container of oil at a store if you're thru hiking, but it's great if you can fill it up at home. Either that or little butter flavored packets from KFC for frying... You can also fry bacon with the plate. Packing in meats for the night of dinner is great.

Dice up summer sausage and add it to anything. It never goes bad, but it starts oozing fatty bits after a few days. If skeptical, cut it into cubes and boil it before you add your potato mix or whatever it is that you're cooking.

Get insta stuffing and throw in some summer sausage and insta potatoes for thanks giving dinner.
>>
>>887897
Muh man, 10/10 would share tucker.
>>
This is a real meal that is only moderately heavy on trail, but a group will rave about it.
Risoni (quick cook pasta that looks like rice grains).
Tube of green pesto
Mushrooms
Red onion
Salami
Parmesan.

For lunch:
Flat bread (wrap/tortilla/burrito)
Packet tuna
Avocado
Philladephia cheese
Spinach.
(Unripe avo will last for a week stored in your camp cup, Philli cheese is good too if kept out of heat, spinach only two or three days)

These require no prep between purchase and walking so are tasty nutritious resupply/ short notice ideas.
>>
>>888303
Don't you fucks eat rotten shark meat with piss?
> calling anyone disgusting
gg
>>887943
I think I just found something to listen to later. unexpected, thanks anon
>ALL GLORY TO THE HYNO TOAD
>>
>>887897

I'd leave out everything but hardtack and beef jerky. Get some water and you're good for as long as you're out.

I legitimately don't know why people bring more shit like there's supposed to be a kitchen in the wilderness. Waste of space, honestly.
>>
>>888990
Because some people enjoy decent food when out and don't mind the extra weight/space it takes up?
>>
>>888125
>Found the malnourished European
>>888303
>Icelandic actually.

I don't know how to break this to you, but Iceland is generally considered a part of Europe.
>>
>>888990

sounds absolutely zero fun

i get it if you're a through-hiker ultralight badboy, but most people are less concerned with weight and speed and more concerned with the experience
>>
>>887916
so basically just 3 different carbs? good christ in heaven
>>
>>889658
Even through hiker ultralight boyz aren't that silly. Unless they are going ultra hipster, then it makes sense.
>>
File: 1367076112739.jpg (37KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
1367076112739.jpg
37KB, 511x511px
>tfw poorfag
>buy canned tuna and meats instead of expensive foil packages
>4min "instant" pasta, nearly expired uncle bens rice bags, bag of oats, milk powder, packet of crackers, block of processed cheese, cheapest energy bars on sale.
>will never have a pack that weighs under 16kg.
>>
>>889652
Generally considered yet isn't.
>>
>>889731
DYEL?
>>
File: BB_tintti-1[1].jpg (181KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
BB_tintti-1[1].jpg
181KB, 650x433px
>>
>>890198
Yes... yes it is anon
>>
>>890198
> yes but no
> feeding upon denial for trailfood

I hadn't thought of that.

>>888758
You backpack a red onion and an avacado for one meal and then don't use your cup for a week?

Doubtful you get /out/.
>>
My local church gives away instant potatoes in their food bank. I have no idea who makes it because the packaging is of their church, but it's better than any instant potatoes I've tried in the store. You just add to boiling water. Comes with dried milk and butter and doesn't taste dry like instant potatoes at all. Literally the only reason I go to church is to buy a case of them.

Pretty much any dehydrated home cooked meal is good too.

I get a ton of off brand Slim Jims at the Dollar Tree for snacks.

Instant oatmeal is easy breakfast.

It's not hard to plan meals on a budget. I see people spend $10 for 1 meal like a Mountain House or something. I can plan a 3 day weekend trip with not much more than $10.
>>
>>888101
He says, having invited hordes of Kebab-loving Muslims into his homeland.
>>
-Packet of tuna and box of mac n cheese
-Apples banana oranges any fruit
-Nuts
-peanut butter and crackers/bread
-rice with sausage
-Oats
-pack of mashed potato mix
-sweet potato wrapped in foil or precooked
>>
>>892553
>Literally the only reason I go to church is to buy a case of them.
That's really odd, do you go weekly for mass?
>>
>>887853
1. Shoot a rabbit in the face
2. Cut out its guts
3. Cut off its fur
4. Cut a 3 sticks from a tree
5. Jam 1 stick through rabbit
6. Make campfire
7. Roast rabbit over fire rotisserie style til fall off bone
8. Eat with hands while squatting naked in dying light of fire. Growl at forest animals if they come.
>>
>>887915
Awwwww shit son that sounds fucking delicious.

ever think of adding veggies? Bring some pre sliced peppers, onion, and even maybe lettuce. It would be fucking delicious, or even some cheese. Make that shit tasty as fuk
>>
>>892619
I don't know what that means. I go on Sundays, sit through the hour or two of bullshit Mexicans are satan China is Satan Muslim REEEE then ask somebody for instant potatoes. I could just ask for some and leave but where are my manners?
>>
>>887915
do you include the noodles as well with the tatoes? i want to see a picture of this
>>
Peanut butter is fucking great outdoors. 1lb of peanut butter is enough calories for a day.
>>
>>892550
>take avocado out of cup
>use cup
>put avocado back in cup
??
>>
>>889731
MYOG man. I sew my backpacks and tarps, and I dehydrate all my meals. I have probably spent like $400 on gear, and my pack weighs about 6kg.
>>
>>892665
Find out the supplier you dolt. No way I'd suffer for instant mashed potatoes like that.
>>
>>887883
>dino egg oatmeal

They still make that?
>>
>>892665
>sitting through all that for the dankest of mash tatos
the hero we need, but not the one we deserve
>>
>>893021
Nostalgia'd

Anyone make mac and cheese? Not Insta crap but boiling pasta and then whatever you might use for a sauce. The sauce part is what I'm interested in.
>>
There's nothing better than freezing a steak and veggies on night 1 and having it for dinner.

Then it's all dehydrated goodies rest of the way. Chili mac, rice and veggies, mash and veggies, breakfast skillet, etc etc.
>>
>>887853
I'm a sucker for soup cans
>>
>>887853
Finnish rye bread, bacon & pepper tube cheese, finnish processed cheese, red wine sausage and chipotle tabasco sauce. Tastes much better than it sounds
>>
What do you guys bring to cook your stuff in? Pans,pots etc?
>>
>>893444

i mean, i could make it on a campfire, but it would be a really big pain in the ass. real cheese sauce is not super easy. this would be a 2 pot operation to do right.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.