[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best/cheapest place in the West/Northwest to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

What's the best/cheapest place in the West/Northwest to buy land nowadays? Any place that is still reasonable? Where can I get a nice piece of property with a cabin and cleared acreage on it for around $200,000? Does anyone have any experience with owning land in the PNW or West in general?
>>
>>886935
>best
>cheapest

Pick one.

But really, anywhere in Washington or Oregon is legit. West of the mountains is more wooded, East is more desert. Oregon's cheaper and they're both beautiful. The thing is, once you get out to the cheaper acreage it's rather lonely and there's not much to do.
>>
File: Bundy.jpg (154KB, 1600x668px) Image search: [Google]
Bundy.jpg
154KB, 1600x668px
>>886935
>buy land
why buy when you can occupy it without consequences?
>>
My Grandparents own a vacation cabin in Montana. It's 2 bed 1 bath 966 square foot cabin on 3.5 acres but it's surrounded by Nation Forest land. It's about a hour outside Helena.

Housing is shit in Montana though. They paid $240K for it a few years ago and now it's only worth like $160K. Real estate isn't appreciating. People are moving to the cities and suburbs.

I'd say pretty much anywhere in the northwest you can find a small cabin on land surrounding millions of acres of public forest. It'd be a good setup. Don't expect some McMansion or normal size house for $200K though. A 1 or 2 bed tiny cabin is about all you'll get. But you can live in it and expand when you're older. Also, keep in mind the job market. If I were wanting to move out in the middle of nowhere like that, I'd probably want to become a nurse or get a CDL. Being a nurse you can get a job anywhere. Same with CDL you can pick up a local delivery gig.
>>
>>886935
My mother found 50acres in NE washington surrounded by national forest for 80k, look into that area, Colville, kettle falls etc.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161102-083854.png (1MB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161102-083854.png
1MB, 1200x1920px
>>887295
You can get two or three properties for $200,000. Become a property magnate by leasing them out as MGTOW compounds.
>>
>>887406
Land around republic is really nice too. Lots of forest and such.
>>
>>887289
butthurt faggot detected
>>
>>887452
You unironically posted something you don't understand, isn't that right?
>>
>>887289
>why buy when you can occupy it without consequences?
>man in picture shot and died by FBI

huh really made my noggin joggin
>>
>>887537
These government can do no wrong faggots are hilarious
>>
>>887572
>These government can do no right faggots are hilarious
>>
>>886935
The important thing that a lot of people don't think about is water. A lot of land is cheap because it has no water or no access to upstream water rights.
>>
>>887679
Land idiot here: wouldn't it just be a case of digging a deep enough well?
>>
>>887680
Can you afford a $50,000 well that might be dry?
>>
>>887680
>buying dry land
>can't you just dig a well
>dry land
>dig a well
>on dry land

Can't make this shit up.

99% of the time there's water available, there's already a well. Unless you're buying land from a timber company or something else that's too remote to build on and has seasonal access only, like hunting land.

If you're buying land to build a home on and it doesn't already have water, I would avoid it. It's just too much cost to deal with when there's other tracts of land with water guaranteed in the same price range.
>>
>>887406
Pretty tempting, 2bh.
>>
>>887679
>NW
>dry

just hold out a bucket
>>
>>889671
Most of the western parts of Oregon and Washington are literal deserts.
>>
>>891082

No they aren't.

Ive seen Alone and some Nat Geo shows and it doesn't look dry at all. In fact I would go as far to say that its practically a wetland.
>>
>>887289
Did you see the footage of Bundy dying?
>>
>>891082
You mean the eastern part of Oregon.

The big problem in these areas is that it may not be economical to drill a well and even if you do it may go alkaline due to you living in what amounts to a gigantic salt flat.
>>
I don't think this deserves its own thread since this one's up so I'll just post my question here.

Yuropoor here, I'm thinking about buying a terrain for around 20k and turning a couple of containers into a house (pic related but it would look like an actual house). This whole project would cost me under 100k as opposed to the 200k+ I'd have to pay if I were to buy a house.

So, are container houses just a hipster meme or are they a viable solution for someone who's on a tight budget and wants to start making his life on the outskirts of the city?
>>
>>886935
Dilapidated silos/com bunkers/miscellaneous post cold war liquidated property is usually pretty dirt cheap.
Not very aesthetic though.
>>
>>892481
where?
>>
File: Sans titre.png (2MB, 1359x649px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.png
2MB, 1359x649px
>>893822
France, I'm planing to move somewhere next to Clermont-Ferrand. Pic related.
>>
Gonna ask here as well just so I wont clutter with another one.

I am looking for something nice and cheap surronded by national parks or forests. I fucking love the woods!

Also thought about making a log cabin (Or some other type of cheap and nice house like the anon a few posts above of me said >>892481)

I want to get away from Miami, and South FL in general. Want to go and live a nice and happy life.

Only issue would be work, I really don't know what I would do.
>>
File: 89988-3088857[1].jpg (35KB, 554x334px) Image search: [Google]
89988-3088857[1].jpg
35KB, 554x334px
>>892481
The point with containers is that you can build, change or remove them for cheap. If you want a permanent construction, prebuilt homes are bigger for the price or cheaper for the size.

What is on your pic is heresy since they had to heavily work on the containers and they covered it with planks. What is the fucking point, a wooden home would be cheaper.

Pic related is cheaper than containers but harder to place/remove. Need extra insulation in winter.
>>
>>894312
It's not always about what's the absolute cheapest. Most of the time it's about balancing ease with price. Most people aren't going to have the skill set to build a wooden home.
Granted, those same people don't have the skill set required to make a shipping container a livable dwelling, but still. They don't know what they don't know.
>>
>>894312
>
well shipping containers was kind of a secret until it became a mainstream idea, now the price of them has skyrocketed, they used to be dirt cheap lol.
>>
>>894312
Used shipping containers can still be bought for $1k or so, I don't know how much that prefab cost, but I doubt its cheaper.
>>
File: trashmanb.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
trashmanb.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>891107

>Nat Geo shows
>>
>>892463
Source?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.