[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf usa Amnesty International observes Dakota-pipeline proj

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 19

File: 76456869.jpg (204KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
76456869.jpg
204KB, 400x400px
wtf usa

Amnesty International observes Dakota-pipeline project

http://www.amnestyusa.org/news/press-releases/amnesty-international-usa-to-monitor-to-north-dakota-pipeline-protests

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVXejqh-Zuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq3egS_CCYA

>Amnesty International is a non-governmental organisation focused on human rights with over 7 million members and supporters around the world.

The Dakota Access Pipeline protests, also known by hashtags such as NoDAPL, are a grassroots movement that began in the spring of 2016 in reaction to the proposed construction of Energy Transfer Partners' Dakota Access Pipeline. The proposed pipeline would run from the Bakken oil fields in western North Dakota to southern Illinois, crossing beneath the Missouri and Mississippi rivers, as well as part of Lake Oahe near the Standing Rock Indian Reservation. Except for the addition of land in Iowa, the route is almost identical to that of the proposed Keystone XL Pipeline, which was defeated by activists and vetoed by President Barack Obama.

#NoDapl
https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja
>>
it makes me sad that good people need to combat the old in order to make way for the new

but it makes me happy to see them do it
>>
File: W.jpg (659KB, 828x462px) Image search: [Google]
W.jpg
659KB, 828x462px
it looks like a warzone
>>
File: a.jpg (119KB, 800x166px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
119KB, 800x166px
>>886770
>>
Libs are fuckin retarded. That pipeline will help keep the cost of gas down.

Fuck those indian sons of bitches anyway. Idk why we didn't just kill them all
>>
>>886784
thing is that you shouldnt bother with gas at fucking all
>>
Amnesty international, liberal faggots
Protesters, useful idiot faggots
Indians, money grubbing drunkards
Environmentalists, useful idiot privileged cunts
Reporters, lying kikes
>>
>>886774
Why are those environmentalists burning cars? Don't they care about the environment
>>
>>886786
Why not?
It's great for storing large amounts of energy in a small space, it's abundant, it has numerous uses, and it's easy to transfer.
>>
>>886786

The oil is already being drilled. Without the pipeline, they are building another pipeline out to the Pacific coast and will ship the oil via supertankers to China.

Overall price of gas is higher, but assures China's supply. Hence why the Saudis and Chinese are throwing so much money into the protest groups. It's not out of the goodness of their hearts.

(That's also why the Saudis are spending so much money on the anti-fracking movement.)
>>
My favorite part is when Morton County Sheriff's Dept. released photos of masked protesters using improvised weapons and bows & arrows to attack police, but the guys in photos forgot to take off their MCS uniform jackets.
>>
>>886789
Who isn't a cunt in your book?
>>
It's not about hating gasoline, really. It's about the fact that when the pipeline leaks it could contaminate the drinking water for millions of people. It's also about the fact that wealthier communities were allowed to choose if the pipeline went near them but poorer communities were told to just suck it up and take it.

Even though the injuns are the most vocal group, a lot of rural crackers are fighting the pipeline, too.
>>
>>886784
That's just the way Americans are. They're selfish and stupid. Stupid people protesting a pipeline that makes gas cheaper. Stupid people protesting public grazing land that makes food cheaper.

They all want something for nothing.
>>
>land of the free, home of the brave
>muh guns will certainly protect me against the evil government
I always have a nice chuckle.
>>
File: Dakota Access Pipeline map.jpg (218KB, 1484x929px) Image search: [Google]
Dakota Access Pipeline map.jpg
218KB, 1484x929px
>>886764
> as well as part of Lake Oahe __near__ the Standing Rock Indian Reservation

And that’s the real unspoken issue here; the Indians are pissed that pipeline will NOT run across their reservations and thus they can’t extort money out of it, as they do with the highways and rail lines that currently are used to transport the oil.
>>
>>886945
You have to always get the government to fire first. Its pretty much standard throughout human society's. The government has to be the aggressor....
>>
>>886764
The real issue here is that we are still relying on consumable, destructive, finite fossil fuels. We need to move to renewables and stop being so reliant on natural gas, coal and oil.
>>
>>886966
I can't wait for the new president to open fire on these bloodsuckers and purge this country of the parasite class
>>
>>887051
>in our culture the earth is sacred
>the idea of owning the land is strange to us. No man can own it
>APART FROM THAT BIT THERE, THAT'S FUCKIN MINE
>AH HA YOU STEPPED ON IT GIB MONIES YOU FUCKIN WHITE CUNTS
>>
>>886966
Then why didn't they build the pipeline along the original planned route near Bismarck? Why even go near the rez if these prairie Jews were just going to try and extort them?
>>
>>886784
No shit, we should have picked OUR OWN COTTON!!

Oh wait, wrong hate thread, sorry.
>>
>>887060
You can't really blame them for abusing a system that was forced unto them
>>
>>886784
>Fuck those indian sons of bitches anyway. Idk why we didn't just kill them all
I think the best part about this is how the land its being built on isn't and never was the land of the tribe that's throwin their dick around. The only showed up in that area 150 years ago and promptly set to work slaughtering the actual natives. Since then they've acted like the own the place. That's what the whole thing is actually about. The tribe thinks it owns the whole fucking region and wants everyone to know it.

I still love the narrative of "We were never consulted." The only reason they weren't consulted is that they refused to show up to any meeting where they could be consulted.

>>886819
Actually without the pipeline it gets put on onto a train and sent south via railroad. Our rail network is outdated so pipelines are a safer way to ship the oil. The people protesting pipelines are too stupid to realize that lack of a pipeline doesn't magically mean the drilling stops. The oil is still going to be produced. It's just going to be shipped in a more dangerous fashion.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (23KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
23KB, 500x327px
>>887130
their main concern is ackchully that, with the pipeline permanently under the missurrah river, the chance of it someday contaminating the river isn't a risk they think is acceptible. this is in the context of:
1. the fact that most leaks, spills, or disasters involving pipelines aren't detected until it's too late to prevent contamination
2. the native mearcans have a long history of being screwed, lied-to, or otherwise relegated by the governments around them, which gives them suspicion
3. various public water supplies and communities have been fucked-over by negligent administrations lately (especially in Flint) and since the pipeline is intended to be permanent, again, this means it's a concern that forever nothing can ever go wrong with this thing.

that said, there's no reason for any of this to be as wild as it is really. it's just a simple matter of distrust and NIMBY. like if they want to build a block of cheap low-income apartments at the end of your street with its own bus stop so all the poor city niggers can come live in your neighborhood you'll go and petition the local gov't with every legal avenue you have to put a stop to it. whelp, the indian reservation doesn't have those options available to them. it goes past their property, not over it, and they don't trust it.
>>
>>886966
What's the logic behind going west and crossing the Missouri twice instead of just staying to the east?
>>
>>887137
probably white people towns to the east
>>
Instead of a massive pipeline, why don't we just use trucks to transport the oil? I mean, we don't have milk pipelines pumping sweet white cream around.
>>
>>887051
Can I at least get a few wives from them first?
>>
>>887141
that's a lot more expensive and hazardous actually. plus it will create shittons of working-class jobs and blue collar rednecks (i.e. the republican base) people don't vote republican if they're doing well.
>>
>Faggots here actually support this "muh indian heritag" crap

I'm sure you all are the same faggots that would complain about gas prices becoming more expensive and complain it's anyone else's fault but your own.
>>
>>887141
>Why don't we just use a more expensive, labor intensive, inefficient, and potentially dangerous way to transport the oil instead?

gee I wonder
>>
I know this board is all about enjoying nature and stuff, but I have no intentions on reverting back to the stone age because you fags can't let go of your tree hugging mentality and let society advance and better itself.
>>
File: 17.png (8KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
8KB, 493x402px
>>887177
reverting back to the stone age is indeed the only other outcome
>>
>>887133
The environmental concerns are secondary to the tribe wanting to throw it's dick around for political show. I really hate to be that guy that relies on a source-less wall of text from an anonymous poster but I was discussing this issue and a user who is involved in the project explained it. Or more specifically he posted it under one of the least transparent alts I've ever seen since his RL job is tied to the project but only one user on the site would include a tangent rant about how the Lakota slaughtered the Manpan in their wall of text explaining the issue. I'd rather not post his actual comments since I don't think he'd want them spread around but the TL;DR is that this is the tribe trying to show off its political clout.

Also
>the indian reservation doesn't have those options available to them. it goes past their property, not over it, and they don't trust it.
Except for the fact that they do. They have pursued multiple legal options (some of which have succeeded and some of which haven't to halt the pipeline's construction). In addition they have had numerous opportunities to be consulted over this project. The aforementioned user's company routinely receives responses from the tribe over projects saying they can't be assed to meet them. Six months latter the tribe will be bitching about how nobody ever offered to talk to them ever.
>>
>>887206
You'll understand if we take your wall of text with a huge grain of salt.
>>
Also it's worth noting that if the natives are just waving their political dicks around, they only had the opportunity to do so because the white people in Bismarck waved their political dicks around and got the pipeline moved south to its current path near the rez.
>>
File: 1476413187756.png (52KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1476413187756.png
52KB, 657x527px
>>886764
Yes let's kill more brown people in the middle east instead of just letting a pipe line through. People are so short sighted and narrow minded.
>>
>>887218
Seriously, those fucks in Bismarck should have just let the pipeline go through its original plan.
>>
>>887217
The difference is the oilmen provide a benefit to society whereas the injuns just have their hand out for gibs
>>
>>887245
Your post literally makes no sense, I'm not talking about the oil men, I'm talking about the NIMBYs in Bismarck who sued to get the pipeline moved off its original path. If they had just let the pipeline go through the oilmen wouldn't have had to spend more money to rework the project and the injuns wouldn't have had the opportunity to fuck with project.

They're fucking hypocrits, they use gas every day and they fucking caused this whole mess by forcing the pipeline to move.
>>
>>886770
Except the new will become the old, and sooner than you think.
>>
>>887218
after you put it like that i might actually support amnesty international.
>>
>>886764
go back to /pol/
>>
>>886990

Unfortunately, big oil companies aren't going to let that happen so easily. They are some of the most influential organizations in the world due to their money.
>>
>>887251
You are mad that white people used the court system? Injuns used the court system too and they lost. Now they are polluting the environment with their rioting and obstruction. You don't seem to have an argument unless you are suggesting that life isn't fair if you are born with an IQ of 80.
>>
File: 1473648889705.gif (2MB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
1473648889705.gif
2MB, 400x265px
>>886764
go back to /pol/ shitlord
>>
Why is this news?

This shit happens every few years. Land previous worthless becomes valuable because government project, nearby injun tribe (whose reservation doesn't own the land in question) wants a cut so they say it's a burial ground and demand gibs as a "settlement" after a long series of protests.
>>
>>887180
Each step back moves us closer to the ledge.

I don't have this dual moral standard of
>"oh infrastructure and industrial development is bad!
>...As long as it doesn't interfere with my car, phone, and other amenities provided to me by the modern age.
>>
>>886990
Because those finite fossil fuels are more economically efficient. If they weren't, we would have already switched to renewable energy. People like you don't understand the economic impacts this kind of shit this has, so stop trying rush technology that obviously isn't ready yet and just wait for fossil fuels to reach a point where renewable forms of energy are more practical.
>>
>>887415
Examples?
>>
>>887382
No, I'm mad that a bunch of people pressured the pipeline to move and caused this whole mess when it was fine on its original path.

Again, if it had stayed on its original path it would be that much closer to completion and they could have avoided the gibs problem all together.

Try and keep up, kid. It's really simple.
>>
File: eckhardt_001_1195672810.jpg (79KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
eckhardt_001_1195672810.jpg
79KB, 480x270px
>>887457
right, and not developing a cure for AIDS and cancer is more economically efficient as well, but sometimes it's best to think about the future, jack. what's best in the long term might not be what's best in the short term, but it's still worth it. maybe we should have invested more vigorously in non-hydrocarbon energy starting 50 years ago and then we'd be over it by now. the likes of the UAE, Saudi Arabia, et al would be poor moisture farmers instead of bankrolled terrorism financiérs
>>
>>887415
Which is why it's retarded they moved the pipeline closer to the reservation in the first place, it was fine going past Bismarck.
>>
>>887464
The Indians would have their hand out either way. your post makes no sense kiddo
>>
>>887466

>maybe we should have invested more vigorously in non-hydrocarbon energy starting 50 years ago

We've been wasting billions on solar since the 1970s, you wouldn't remember that of course.

The excuse back then was we would run out of oil in 20 years (they hadn't invented golbal warming then they were worried about global cooling). All those billions were wasted and solar still can't compete
>>
>>887523
but solar has been improving exponentially all along. the billions spent on solar 1: aren't wasted because it's paychecks for thousands of people in the private sector and 2: is way way way way less money than is spent on oil exploration and extraction. oil is just so profitable and invested-in that it's hard to transition the industry. oil companies don't want to become solar companies nor do they don't want solar companies to exist.
>>
>>887521
No, they wouldn't. They wouldn't have even noticed it was being built because it would have been on the far side of Bismarck from them.

The reason they saw the opportunity to jew the oil company is because it's right next to their land now.

They would have been too drunk to follow the project if it had stayed on its original course.
>>
File: 62161579.jpg (175KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
62161579.jpg
175KB, 500x486px
>>886790
>Why are those environmentalists burning cars? Don't they care about the environment
opem your eyes: the cares where PARKED on a public ROAD. and later set on fire by goverment SLAVES so called "police".
>>
plus: why not set it on FIRE
>>
>>887525
>Wasting billions in taxpayer money is OK because private companies invest money in oil exploration

Wat?
>>
>>887457
It's an investment you stupid fuck. You need to invest and perfect solar/ windturbines/hydro electric Because they are RENEWABLE and do not ADVERSELY EFFECT THE ATMOSPHERE YOU LIVE IN. The economic costs and risks are well worth it, considering your alternative is pushing the earth's atmosphere to the point that it is no longer sustainable for life. In addition even If the danger isn't immediate we are still doing damage to our air, ourselves and anything that breathes on this planet. The only reason we are still reliant on archaic fossil fuels is many powerful people in the fossil fuel industry want to keep things r ight where they are, as the profits keep comming. Do you see? Once you establish unlimited electricity it'd no longer an issue. Oil, natural gas, and coal are not unlimited, and even if there is enough to last for centuries, the planet ay not be able to handle it.
>>
>>887523
>invented global warming
Kek
Just like evolution was invented by Darwin right?
>>
>>887587
The reason we use fossil fuels is because they're amazingly practical for certain uses, not some grand conspiracy.
For electricity generation, we had a nearly perfect solution over 50 years ago, but environmentalists threw a fit over it.
>>
>>887599
Yes, very practical for containing more heat in the atmosphere, warming and rising the oceans and disrupting ocean currents. Very practical.

Yes I understand they were practical, will only be for so long, why not perfect renewable energy so we don't have to fucking worry about oil coal or natural gas. I'll be suprised if we don't lose the bottom of Florida in 30 years.
>>
>>887609
>Why not perfect renewable energy
Because last time it was near perfection, it got shat all over by people with no understanding of it.
>>
File: cringe.jpg (9KB, 213x236px) Image search: [Google]
cringe.jpg
9KB, 213x236px
>>886789
>if i ridicule everything, maybe nobody will notice i'm afraid to believe in anything
>>
>>887613
Does that mean we should give up? Pack our coffins and considered humanity done once we run out of old decayed matter to fuel ourselves?
>>
>>887654
No it means we should worry about real problems like overpopulation in the US and not made up ones like climate change
>>
>>887658
You got those two backwards, mate.
>>
>>887658
Overpopulation is not an issue currently, a 30 minute drive away from town will tell you that.
>>
>>887665
Aside from space, overpopulation implies we couldn't feed people. Which objectively isn't true because America throws away about $165 billion in food per year.
>>
File: Map_of_the_Great_Plains.png (27KB, 256x158px) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_the_Great_Plains.png
27KB, 256x158px
>>887671
plus if mearca stopped exporting food like 90 countries would begin to starve immediately
>dat breadbasket of the world
yeah we're gonna be just fine m8
>inb4 jellystone suddenly calderas to high hell
>>
>>887141
>Instead of electric cables, why not have trucks deliver batteries to your house
>>
>>887665
>>887671
Overpopulation means having more people than is desirable not starving to death. I'm not sure why you would think 100 million more people wouldnt degrade the environment
>>
>>887688
that would be fucking awesome tho.

>be back in an hour ma, gotta run out for more fucking batteries
>power's out... fuuuuug we got no batteries
>i'm in the mood for some prostate stimulation tonigh- FUCK no batteries! I wish we had a batteryman
>>
>>887408
That's actually the best gif I've seen all week. Nice.
>>
>>887693
it's even better if you flip it
>>
>>887689
It would to effect the environment to extent, what would really effect the environment is if all these new people continue to be as wasteful and fossil fuel consuming as we are now. A society that makes the most of its food and has renewable endless power can easily cope with 100illion more people. Especially when you have renewable and people can setup their own power needs at home, rather than needing the infrastructure required to lay power lines and setup a grid.
>>
>>887658
The US is overpopulated!!!??

T. Britcuck
>>
>>887689
Show me some sources that verify overpopulation in the US is a problem.

Hardmode: actual sources cited and no opinion pieces.

Ultrahardmode: do it without memes, buzzwords, "implying" or deflecting
>>
>>887688
Instead having trucks delivery any shit, why not have local solar setup with batterys to power the home throughout the night.
>>887703
It's not a problem, he's just deflecting.
>>
>>887705
I know, I just want to see what kind of silly bullshit he'll try and conjure up.
>>
File: kTMK4dK8c.jpg (90KB, 1905x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kTMK4dK8c.jpg
90KB, 1905x1080px
>>886764
>wear bright yellow Observer shirt
>this will keep them from putting the dogs on me!
>tfw they put the dogs on you anyway
>>
>>887713
Good, a criminal organization "observing" a criminal activity get what they deserve.
>>
File: ass mouse.jpg (40KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
ass mouse.jpg
40KB, 432x288px
>>887726
Amnesty international is a criminal organization. really. why is that.
>>
File: google.png (71KB, 916x735px) Image search: [Google]
google.png
71KB, 916x735px
>>887726
>>887729

I didn't know anything about Amnesty International. MSM really seems to portray them in a positive light. What crimes have they committed? I'd like sources to redpill my friends with, but even Google is in on the spin.
>>
And everyone here is okay with the business goons using force on actual peaceful protesters and putting them in dog kennels and basically treating them like domestic terrorists whether they're casino niggers or not?

You should all be lined up and shot.
>>
>>887101
Why not? Hypocrites are despicable.
>>
>>887151
Wrong now that pipelines are inspected by drone there are hardly any jobs in the field.
>>
>>887747
Energy Transfer pays me ~$1.00 every time I make a pro-pipeline/anti-protester comment (even in shitholes like this!). Sure as hell beats Mechanical Turk money. Don't be so sore, it's just good business for my NEET ass.
>>
File: 220px-Whatsthematterwithkansas.jpg (23KB, 220x343px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Whatsthematterwithkansas.jpg
23KB, 220x343px
>>887751
i meant that trucking oil will create shittons of jobs, and that would improve the lives of blue collar rednecks and blue collar rednecks aren't motivated to vote when things are going well for them. so the only way for republican politicians in red(neck) states to stay in power is to make sure their redneck constituents aren't doing well and are always feeling angry, forsaken, and resentful. this is why the voters in red states like the dakotas are constantly voting against their best interests.
>>
>>887141
Trucks do transport some crude oil in the US. But not a lot because it's far more expensive, less efficient to load and unload, and truckers are fucking dumb.

t. work in the industry
>>
>>887756
Damn hell where do I sign up to get on that gravy train?
>>
>>887774
I worked Mechanical Turk for a while before getting contacted. Like most jobs, it's hard to get into but when you're in, you're set.

Two general rules:
1. Don't ask too many questions.
2. Never post proof.

The level of abstraction from company to shill is too high and the plausible deniability too great for you to go hero anyway.
>>
>>887747
If you are saying the rioters should be shot I agree with you
>>
>>887814
>rioters
nobody's rioting
>>
>>887818
>Burning vehicles, trespassing, shooting cops

But not rioting, BLM supporter detected
>>
>>887869
>Burning vehicles
gumbmitt did that
>trespassing
trespassing is to rioting as a match is to a flammenwerfer
>shooting cops
uh no, that's disinformation
>>
>>887141
Because trucks aren't as efficient as high explosive trains.
>>
>>886786
we'll just rely on the friction of all the dicks thrusting into your faggot ass to generate our energy needs
>>
>>886790
no, they care about the under the table pay from warren buffet that they get for protecting his rail interests over the pipeline
>>
>>887130
>That's what the whole thing is actually about. The tribe thinks it owns the whole fucking region and wants everyone to know it.

thats fine, let them challenge the blackwater guys and see what happens
>>
>>887872

Yeah, sneaky gov set fire to multiple cars with hundreds of witnesses and cameras and no one has solid evidence that they did it. Go figure.

Hundreds of people refusing to leave and destroying farmland, and lighting farming equipment on fire is rioting.

Maybe if you'd get that nose out of liberal 'media' you'd realize this.
>>
>>887974
>exploding trains

yeah, seems to be a pretty big problem in 2016. just like all those exploding airships and paddlewheel boats
>>
>>887872
they have shot at cops

and they have injured police animals
>>
>>888100
Source?
>>
>>888100
Nigga I know you dont keep this up what are your kids going to do?
>>
>>886784
this post reminds me of that quote

"When the last tree is cut down, the last fish eaten, and the last stream poisoned, you will realize that you cannot eat money"
>>
>>888192

"humanity finds a way"
>>
>>888100

Where's the source? Last time I saw anything about this the security fucks were letting their attack dogs attack protesters.
>>
File: c.jpg (150KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
150KB, 400x400px
>>887733
why you took google as source?

for babbies next investigative step:

startpage.com
>>
>need additional pipeline capacity
>approach prairie niggers and offer them $30M to bury another pipeline on an existing RoW where there is ALREADY AN OIL PIPELINE despite it not even being in their red quarantine zone proper
>they counter offer $50M and get told lolno
>proceed to move along with project
>prairie niggers cry about water and animal bones on land they stole from another tribe fairly recently in historical terms, huff and indian stomp their feet
>protesters do more damage and contamination to the land than the construction ever would have
>pipeline construction is held to absurdly high standards in environmental impact and the land is left almost exactly as before, in fact you have to prove you left it that way
>prairie niggers concerns are btfo in court so they find something else to cry about and continue to truck in leftist wackos from out of state while playing the noble savage card and obstruct it by force
in the end it's just about the money. savages don't give a fuck about anything else the same as anyone else.

project would result in lots of jobs in the area, when a pipeline rolls through the money fucking flows, but no one should expect the reds to want to work so i suppose that is irrelevant

my favorite part of this though is that people are already screaming white privilege because the prosecutor in charge of the oregon bundy incident overreached resulting in acquittal and these vandals are going to be railed for this protest. the policing cost alone is already $10M. everyday you put a mainline project like this behind the energy company looks at it as a days worth of flow that did not happen, at capacity the pipeline can transfer up to 570k barrels daily, something like $170bn annually if it runs at capacity the entire time.

>>887137
>>887138
probably existing land easements or right of ways, would cost drastically more to acquire land than use what is already available for use where you can
>>
>>888365
This guy has it right, police should just open up on all of them. None of them contribute to society anyway.
>>
>>888100
>>888164
Red Fawn Fallis, yes, that is a person's name, allegedly shot at LE when they raided their bum camp and is being charged with attempted murder.

>>888224
>trespass in area with security and guard doogs
>get bit by dogs
W O W
O
W

>>888371
their concerns are nonsense, they are playing the race card and exploiting ignorant hippies' and the public's white guilt to get their way because a pipeline crosses a river upstream of them, fuck em.
>>
>>888224
https://www.rt.com/usa/364462-north-dakota-camp-removed/
>"one woman has been arrested for firing a weapon at the police line near Highway 1806."...
>the sheriff's office said she "pulled a .38 caliber revolver and fired three shots at law enforcement, narrowly missing a sheriff’s deputy." The sheriff's office claims it did not fire any shots when taking her into custody.
One fucktard got a few shots off. It was an isolated thing and hardly as big a deal as that anon makes it out to be.

>>888365
>project would result in lots of jobs in the area, when a pipeline rolls through the money fucking flows
I support the pipeline, but I don't buy into the Oil company's promising it will create tons of long term jobs in the area. The only jobs created will be the temporary construction jobs with maybe a tiny handful of people hired long term to manage/maintain that section of the pipeline. And the people in those jobs probably won't be hired locally.
>>
>>888391
Exactly, just fucking roll through camp and shoot every fucking one of them.
>>
>>888394
>some fucking criminal tried to murder cops, it's no big deal

Yeah, because cops are fucking evil man! Black lives matter!
>>
File: _A2A0202.jpg (745KB, 1450x650px) Image search: [Google]
_A2A0202.jpg
745KB, 1450x650px
>>888365
>>888371
Back east here in New England the indian tribes are actually pretty much normal members of society with dayjobs and shit. Some tribes bankroll themselves with their casinos and others do things like run stores or sell arts & crafts, and teach school children about native culture and a lot of tribes do work at living museums like Plimoth Plantation, Old Sturbridge Village, etc. They aren't drunks or mooches, and they certainly don't extort money from public works projects. Sheesh.
>>
>>888394

I don't want to go into conspiracy theory stuff here but if someone usually pulls a weapon on cops they are shot. What if it was a plant?

No one even reported on any of this in the regular news anyway until there was a hoax involving it, and then it went dark again. I don't doubt it was reported in the local stuff, and that would definitely turn people against the protesters whether they did it or not. Everyone loves cops like >>888397 does no matter whether they're cunts or not.
>>
>>888394
granted specialist positions like welding aren't usually sourced locally because it's not often you can find people in that niche who aren't already busy somewhere else and can actually do it. most leadership comes either from inside the contractor or from people they know can get the job done again usually not local, but a lot of the labor, equipment operators, truck drivers, and other less specialized stuff does in fact come from the local area. it's good money and even though pipeline construction is fast paced it still takes quite some time from the beginning stages until the end.
between the people coming in, and the locals being put to work both individually and the various local subcontractors it puts a lot of money into the economy while it's being built and it really does help an area out.

>>888399
in my experience that is pretty much a coastal thing. the further you get from the coastal economies the more likely they are to rip out their own plumbing and scrap it.
parents taught us a lot about the culture but we had as little contact with the reservation as possible once any relatives still there had passed.
>>
>>888397
I meant it's not a big deal in terms of the protests. Someone shooting at the cops is a serious incident, but it doesn't seem to have resulted in any changed in the way the cops are handling the protestors and its not something the other protestors were involved in or have even acknowledged.

>>888402
>I don't want to go into conspiracy theory stuff here but if someone usually pulls a weapon on cops they are shot.
Not always. At a crowded protest full of dumb white kids and Indians where the police want to keep things calm it's pretty easy to imagine them not wanting to return fire and possibly escalate things. They're getting enough bad PR as it is.
>>
>>888402
>>888443
the story is that she was segregated from the bulk of the others and on the ground already when the firing occurred so it wasn't as if someone was blasting LEOs from a crowd of protesters.
she NDed once while on the ground trying to draw from under herself and managed to get two more shots off before the officer on top of her and those around her responded and gained control of the weapon.
they had separated her and were taking her into custody because she was agitated and trying to stir the pot between protesters and LE.
while in custody she basically said, in other words, 'you're lucky you got me before i could take you all out.' i would say her prospects look grim, doubly so considering the even the hippies are disowning her.
>>
>>886764
whenever I see one of those dorks, I walk up to them look them straight into the eye and tell 'em my company killed 3 of their friends in Congo.
>>
>>886784
Gas is already dirt cheap. Go fuck yourself. We need to get off oil anyway.
>>
>>887457
I wanted to just call you an ignorant faggot sheep, but these other folks said so many better things. Lucky you. Too bad you're still an ignorant faggot sheep, defending creepy Uncle Sam's wallet.
>>
>>888963
Why don't you stop using oil then?
>>
>>886790
Theyre trying to keep a company from stealng there land and posioning the water.
>>
>>886940
Bundy go get a real job where you and your family actually have to pay taxes.
>>
>>887051
Hilary gonna be pro pipelines and going to have it quietly taken car of.
>>
>>889164
>>889166
>>889168

#HillBullies get out
>>
>hey let's build this pipeline over by Bismarck

>we can't do that, it could leak and contaminate the water supply for the city.

>OK, let's move it south by these rural towns and reservations

>yeah, that's fine.
>>
>>889307
in a nutshel, this
>>
>>886764
>grassroots
Tom Steyer please leave.
>>
>>887180
People are retarded.
>>
>>886784
Oil is so goddamned cheap right now that the entire energy sector is reeling. Come on down to Texas and chat with the tens of thousands of unemployed oil and gas workers and tell me about you need even cheaper gas to tote your whole fat ass clan to.mcdonalds 3 times a week you inbred idiot.
>>
>>887177
Gawd damn man. Are you really this stupid?
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.